109 replies to this topic

Lynxx

Lynxx

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
The program needs NET-Framework 2.0 - if you dont got it, it will be automaticly downloaded & installed.
(NET-Framework is like what is JDK for java).
But it's best to install it first, because you can choose your language. - Download NET-Framework 2.0

Clean-ET Release-Assembly 1.0.2.9- Download size ~ 600 Kb

If Web-publishing doesn't work with your browser, download the rarfile:
CleanET1.29b.rar - Download size ~ 600 Kb

Quick tutorial: Select your servers, addional pk3's if you like, press CleanET, when it's finished, select the server you want to join and press StartET.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since ages there is a bug in enemy territory, causing it to create many different errors when there are to many pk3's in your etmain-directory.
The only 'quick and dirty' method to fix it, is to reinstall et and download all maps again.

I started to move the files to a storage folder by hand and only keep those needed by my favourite servers, this tool makes the same for you automaticly. You can select from standard-servers or add your own, your selection/servers will be saved in a configfile. Files which partially match the name will also be moved, because there are more and more pk3s with the same name but different content.

It's also possible to select some pk3 which you want to keep even if they are not used by a server, this is for soundpacks/skins.
This selection will also be saved in a configfile.

Finally when you click 'Clean ET' it will move the unnecessary files to 'storage', needed to etmain and even download pk3 who are missing or create a downloadlist for leechget and so on.

Neat side-effect when you got fewer pk3's in etmain: et will start quicker and use less memory.

This is Giftware, if you use it, it would be nice if you contribute me something. Code & gfx by Holger 'Lynxx' Hippenstiel.
Music by Dees Productions - originals by Fanta / Plush.
If your house burns or your cat cries i'm not responsible. ;)

It will look every day for updates, and ask you if you want to install it (if a new version is available).

It's might not be 100% bugfree, tested with dual-core cpu and because it uses multithreading sometimes it will take a few secs till threads (getting server, maps & directory-lists in background) are in sync again.
Would be nice if you got some extra ideas or report some bugs, have phun ! :D

Changes for V1.06:
1) Only 1 music, which fits the tool more.
2) ET-Clean_server.cfg not compatible with older versions, because you now can also set password & rconpassword for servers.
3) Commandline-Switches:
-n = No music
-s N = Servernumber to select at begin/for autostart, default is first selected server in serverlist.
-c Start cleaning immediatly
-e Start cleaning and start ET immediatly

You could for example do:
CleanET -s 2 -e

which will clean et immediatly and download any missing maps and start et (with set password/rconpass).

Changes for V1.07:
Omg .. i wasnt aware NET-Framework uses such strange paths, noone would be able to find the program. :blink:
For example when i install it, it's:
"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Lynxx.LHASA\Lokale Einstellungen\Apps\2.0\CXEQ62X7.5WV\ZHPYH5Q9.ANK\clea..tion_f916eb40da8e6a70_0001.0000_673f184a1ce8fc93\Clean-ET.exe"
That's why i did a little add-on, when path of et is set in registry, or you select it manually, a batchfile "CleanETPath.bat" will be written to the et-dir,
with this you can also create shortcuts and use the commandline-args.

Changes for V1.08:
CleanET will now give a warning when you try to start ET with a server not selected in the list, checked servers will get a light-green background, not-checked a light-red.
Fixed a small displaybug when downloading small files, old version 'thoughts' they are for example 846 megabytes .. not bytes - so you get 200 mins downloading .. but it really finished within a second. :P
Fixed a possible division by zero when calculating average speed.

Changes for V1.09:
Had a little bug in the parsing of map-sizes which caused wrong displaysizes with B5/B8-maps.

Changes for V1.10:
Highlighted/Bold the 'Add/Update' Button in server-list, because ppl usually pressing that button when setting passwords.
I hope the 'Download not visible' is fixed now (only 2 bars visible).
New Music: Dr. Demento - Ozzy Fudd - Kill the Wabbit !! Yeah ! B)

Changes for V1.11:
Added Bunker 7 & Bunker 64,
all IP's replaced against DNS-entries.
Config-Files will now be stored in %Documents%\%CurrentUser%\..\Clean-ET - this means future updates of CleanEt wont spoil your old settings anymore.
Download-progress is now an own window, this hopefully fixes the bug only the progressbars are sometimes visible.
Game will ALWAYS be started with +set com_hunkmegs 96 - will be later selectable in profile.
This will fix disconnect-problems for big maps and stuff.

Changes for V1.12:
Oops .. found a little bug, when download-url not ending with / - CleanET isnt able to download - fixed.

Changes for V1.13:
OMG .. im starting to hate C#, it creates a new Application-Path for each version. :huh:
Now im using Systems APPDATA-Var + Clean-ET.

Changes for V1.14:
No more fancy download-window, all output in the normal output-area.

Changes for V1.15:
Improved error-handling in case download aborted manually / got disconnected.
No Error-Popup anymore, only the faulty file will be printed.

Changes for V1.16:
  • Added an requester when there are NO servers selected, to ask you if you really only want to keep base-files. (For those ppl who just install and click CleanET).
  • By default now ALL Bunker-servers are selected.
  • Added Server-Infodisplay to serverlist (Players, Slots and so on ..)
  • Added Player-List to serverlist
    Private Slots are allways green.
    Axis light blue
    Allies are yellow
    Spectators are red
    Connecting Players/downloaders are purple.
  • Added minimal rcon-commandline to serverlist, simply type your command, output goes in the textbox below.
  • Added 'Kick' command (menu-popup) in Playerlist if you got rcon for a server, which results in:
    Posted Image
  • Fixed a possible Invoke-Bug.
  • Fixed Server & Maplist only disable mainwindow at first time opened.
  • The download-music will now start immediatly, because it takes some time to read the server & map-list for the first time,
    this way you know it's running and will pop up shortly.
Changes for V1.17:
Lol, forgot to remove a debug-statement from the Clean-Routine.

Changes for V1.18:
  • Splash-Window while scanning the selected servers at the begin (reading pk3-list from many servers can take some secs).
  • All Windows now show in Taskbar
  • Server and Mapslist are now real windows and are dynamicly sized - which means you can resize them freely / maximize them.
  • Downloaded file will now always have the extension .tmp added, this way if CleanET crashes while downloading incomplete file will be removed when restarting.
  • *.tmp Files are deleted recursive in et-dir when CleanET starts
  • Passwords for rcon & reserved-slot in ET-Clean_server.cfg are now encrypted, so if someone takes a look in the file he wont be able to read them. (Maybe i add an optional user-pw later on).
  • Fixed a little bug when filesize is only byte / made little improvements more errorchecks while reading html.
  • Removed a possible bug when using Design-Classes from Serverwindow in Mapswindow. (For the experts: cross-reference design-template).
  • Profile-Window graphical design complete (including a 'Play music' Button ;) ), but implementation not yet ready.
Changes for V1.19:
  • Profile-Window implemented - you can start CleanET with -p 0..99
    Or start CleanET select the Profile and do clean or start et.
    Posted Image

Please note: Each Profile has it's own Server & Maps-List - this means user-added servers are only available in the current selected profile.
    And if you enter passwords for a server, it will only be available for this profile.
  • Download-URL for B5 changed
Changes for V1.20:
Oops - had a fatal bug in StartET()-method, which made it impossible to start with a selected server, thanks to JoeShooter for the Bug-Report ! :)

Changes for V1.21:
No more transparent Window, normal Windows-Window now - which you can move around/minimize and so on.
Sound/Module-Support removed completly, because it makes problems on 64-bit systems and will on Linux.
B64 removed.
New Backpicture.

Changes for V1.22:
I noticed a bug in the application which caused it to be never terminated, after a while you got 10 or more CleanET running. Posted Image
Now fixed.
And another pic again, didnt like the explosion. :P

Changes for V1.23:
Fixed Window behaviour - now Mainwindow will be hidden when subwindow opened and not blocking anymore, this way it possible for example as admin/players to just let it run in the back and take a look at the slots or who's on the servers.
Window-Positions now default to Windows-Default.

Changes for V1.24:
Windows are not topmost anymore.
Splash-Window will show which server is scanned in the moment.

Changes for V1.25:
Dam .. finally fixed the bug Clean-ET wont be terminated.

Changes for V1.26:
B5 download-url corrected.
All html-serveroutput converted to lowercase. :)

Changes for V1.27:
OMG .. the server wants the filenames casesensitive .. ok, so only the check case-intesive .. Posted Image

Changes for V1.28:
Added Finger-command to the serverlist (ofcourse server must support it).
Added Exclude-List in Mapslist-Window.
There you can add all Files with wildcards you dont want, for example:
*News*
ZBunkerRemix*
s_Konigstigers*
or whatever you like - but dont overdo it - if the server needs the file, ET must download it again.

Posted Image

This way all ppl who complained they want to use Clean-ET, but dont want the optional news-files can exclude them,
they will still be downloaded but moved to storage.

Changes for V1.29:
Changed in Exclude-List where always taken, even if the window was canceled, fixed.
Added 342 rcon-commands to an auto-completing combobox, if you begin typing a command it will immediatly show all commands/cvars which could match and you could select one (cursor down or with mouse) or keep typing.
Fixed server-communication for longer output (for example pb_sv_plist).
Process communication improved, shorter waittimes when changing windows.
Added Refresh-Button in the Server-Window, which regets server-status, playerlist and so on ..
Added 33 mods to profile-window, vars are saved already, only problem left - where to store duplicates from mods, not sure if a global storage would be a good idea - because some files are needed for multiple mods, or maybe files from storage should not be moved but copied instead. Or maybe i'll do sub-folders in storage, but then again files would be stored/downloaded multiple times.
More than 2000 ppl use Clean-ET, but noone supports my work.
That's why i added a Paypal-Button/Small Browser.
The release-key is outdated, new key is valid till 23.02.2009.

Edited by Lynxx, 05 March 2008 - 05:28 AM.

• Falkes likes this

WICKED!

WICKED!

Defying Gravity

• Banned
  • 3,668 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
bravissimo :D

peyote

peyote
its very nice :)

I wonder, why didnt you do it with java?

oh it seems to not save a new path to et, it always takes the one from my registry..

I only wish one thing, instead of having to do something; I would like to have just one button for et; and it does the rest automatically..

So I just have to doubleclick et, it looks for new files to download & and olds to put in storage, show the user how long he has to wait, if something is to do; then start et..

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
Why C# ? Hard to implement installer/auto-updater in java, need to access registry (not allowed), wanted fmod-support, should be fast (when moving files from etmain/storage it also checks with pattern-matching [name-till-first-dot*.pk3] if other files are identical and compares them byte-wise), because as i've written above i got 12 files which got the same map-name, but different content - most of the time "full replacement fixes". ET stores them with names like mp_tram.1f44b3af.pk3 - Clean-ET does the same, if moving files and no file compared to the source (pattern-matched as described) - it will create a new file mapname.hash.pk3.

Predicting time is hard, because download varies from bandwidth of the user - and the function i currently use grabs an url and saves it in a file in one call, so i dont know how much bytes left - but ofcourse its possible. But i didnt want to reinvent the weel, thats why Clean-ET defaults to NOT download, but only create a "download.lst" in Et-Dir. Those files can than be downloaded with leechget or similar downloaders.

One-Click start could be implemented, saving et-path, never thought about that, but ok. :)

It's designed as a One-Click tool .. once you setup your servers, only start it and click Clean-ET. :D

Edit: I thought about replacing the download-function of et .. but i guess PB will not allow it .. :P

Edited by Lynxx, 10 October 2006 - 03:39 PM.

peyote

peyote
wow, thats a reasone why use C# .. lol

we should perhaps somewhen chat together, my tool uses also C#, and does similar things.. your allready partially reinventing the wheel .. :P

for those using another browser then iexplorer, I guess the install will not work, u should make note or something.. (at least it did not for me - with firefox)

for the predicting, well let that the humand do.. lol
just give a estimation of filesize to download, and what has been finished.
cause currently the tool seems to go into nirvana while working.. ( :P my tool does the same while loading info from pk3's, actually idk howto to show the progress)

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
I'm currently working on a real download-manager for CleanET, around 80 percent complete.

Thanx to Goldi & YourEgo i can add 3 more server downloads: B5, B8 & B10 cool.gif

xPolak

xPolak

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 601 posts
holy shit thanks !! :| gonna run this ish at home

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
New Version released, should come with the autoupdate or click the link manually.
Downloading of pk3 is default now. Screenshot of the download in first post.

Edited by Lynxx, 15 December 2006 - 12:28 PM.

APOY

APOY

Binoc Master

• Bunker Members
  • 995 posts
  • Server:Unselected
way to go lynxx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quazimortal

Quazimortal

• Bunker Members
  • 2,129 posts
I'm not sure I understand what this program is supposed to do. Let me see if I can guess...

It deletes unneeded pk3 files and only keeps the ones currently being used by your server? Am I even close?

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
QUOTE(Quazimortal @ Dec 15 2006, 05:20 AM) View Post
I'm not sure I understand what this program is supposed to do. Let me see if I can guess...

It deletes unneeded pk3 files and only keeps the ones currently being used by your server? Am I even close?

It only delete dupes, files which currently are not needed are moved to 'storage'.
And you must only download those who are not in etmain AND storage.

xPolak

xPolak

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 601 posts
can this prog fck up my game entirely? like is there something i SHOULDNT do?

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,470 posts
QUOTE(Polak2 @ Dec 15 2006, 07:11 AM) View Post
can this prog fck up my game entirely? like is there something i SHOULDNT do?

No way, i checked it very deep for bugs - hey you can be sure i dont spoil my install .. tongue.gif
The only thing missing is 'disk full' check .. when you download, you just get the error it cant be received.
But ofcousre the incomplete download will be deleted.

Know bugs:
As written on top, calls are threadsafe - this can cause a few seconds 'freeze' of the tool, but nothing what harms your machine.
Sometimes when download is canceled, a part of the download-window is still visible in the mainwindow - maybe only while developing.

Things i will implement in the future:
1) Profiles, because as p3y stated it's possible to have multiple installs of et, and re-selecting the path over and over sucks.
This way you can setup one ET for B1, one for B2 and so on ..

2) Immediate starting of ET after finished cleaning up

3) Server-Settings for connecting, like reserve-slot pw, rcon-pw ..

4) Checking for illegal files (the once who will get you banned just for having them) and checking for the real filesname, those who pb currently checks wrong.

5) Checking for illegal cvars, same reason as 4)

6) Dupe-Finder, some maps are 100% identical but got totally different names, currently only files which match pattern *.*.pk3 are checked.
Checking every file against every other file would take much longer and would be no standard during cleanup, it will get an extra button.
My whole ET-Dir is now 7.6 GB, checking every file it would result in 7.6GB^2 disk-transfers at worst, let's say your hd manages to transfer 50MB/s average, then it would take roughly 20 minutes.
But it will also find broken dupes, files who are just cutted at the end (download not complete) and will probably make et crash.

If you find any bugs or got improvement ideas, let them come.

Edit:
d0h .. i just noticed because of the crappy formatted output from B5/B8-Download-Server the size-values in the map-list were wrong.
It's fixed now and updated to V1.04. cool.gif

2nd Edit:
If you notice that the displayed filesize doesnt match 100% the real filesize, that's not my fault - the servers list the files only this way:
CODE
1944_nordwind.pk3       15-Jan-2006 16:49  9.4M

So i can just calc 9.4*1024^2 = 9.856.614 bytes, but the real size is 9.846.104 bytes. Anyway that doesn't affect the download.

Edited by Lynxx, 15 December 2006 - 09:50 AM.

Jos

Jos

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,462 posts
  • Server:Bunker #7
awesome stuff lynxx.. I gues the B2 admins ahev nothing to do or so.. first pey, now lynxx tongue.gif

xPolak

xPolak

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 601 posts
alright man, i trust you. but if it goes boom. im grabbing a plane to your ass sleep.gif

Zebra

Zebra

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,439 posts
Will try it like pork is doing - see if it solves my 'no sound' problem?

Quazimortal

Quazimortal

• Bunker Members
  • 2,129 posts
I think I'll try it out too, I'll let you know if it messes anything up.

Zebra

Zebra

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,439 posts
Ok the german has baffled me already! Help! biggrin.gif

xPolak

xPolak

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 601 posts
i didnt get to try it last night, but my sound thing was less frequent. every like 3rd map not every map =/

Zebra

Zebra

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,439 posts
Hmm..my sound still kaks up every map.