Lynxx

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
QUOTE(Zebra @ Dec 15 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post
Hmm..my sound still kaks up every map.

We are getting OT, tried that already ??
Answer there please.
  • AADrusilmTall likes this

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
Did some small graphical fixes, for example Download-Calculation was only correct for the first seconds - to be precise it was a total kbyte / s calculation, which means - if your linespeed suddenly drops down you didnt notice anything, but the progress will soon show everything is finish (time 0 s) - but it isnt.

Impletmented some more delegators, now it should be totally bulletproof.

The name of the current Server is now visible.

Added some 'waiting music' while downloading, i like it. cool.gif

djbo

djbo
Works just great smile.gif

The music... well euhh, how shall i putt it... euhhh well, lets see... euh, its euhh ... no problem (turned sound off)laugh.gif

Now for a central console from where i could logon to the servers, clean my et, logon to the beast itself, build campaign's etc... smile.gif

Nighty

Nighty

• Old retired farts
  • 1,612 posts
yay it's great!
finally no more 'command cycled out' after downloading maps during the play smile.gif
<3 lynxx
(but music... uhm... djbo's right ^^)

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
Version 1.06 released, changes:

1) Only 1 music, which fits the tool more.
2) ET-Clean_server.cfg not compatible with older versions, because you now can also set password & rconpassword for servers.
3) Commandline-Switches:
-n = No music
-s N = Servernumber to select at begin/for autostart, default is first selected server in serverlist.
-c Start cleaning immediatly
-e Start cleaning and start ET immediatly

You could for example do:
CleanET -s 2 -e

which will clean et immediatly and download any missing maps and start et (with set password/rconpass).

Edit:

Changes for V1.07:
Omg .. i wasnt aware NET-Framework uses such strange paths, noone would be able to find the program. blink.gif
For example when i install it, it's:
"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Lynxx.LHASA\Lokale Einstellungen\Apps\2.0\CXEQ62X7.5WV\ZHPYH5Q9.ANK\clea..tion_f916eb40da8e6a70_0001.0000_673f184a1ce8fc93\Clean-ET.exe"
That's why i did a little add-on, when path of et is set in registry, or you select it manually, a batchfile "CleanETPath.bat" will be written to the et-dir,
with this you can also create shortcuts and use the commandline-args.

Edited by Lynxx, 19 December 2006 - 09:41 AM.

djbo

djbo
<3 lynxx ... will dl it tonight smile.gif

think it will be the -n option laugh.gif

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(djbo @ Dec 19 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post
<3 lynxx ... will dl it tonight smile.gif

think it will be the -n option laugh.gif

Maybe you like the new music, i <3 it. smile.gif

xPolak

xPolak

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
tried it.... didnt fix the problem of sound =(

Nighty

Nighty

• Old retired farts
  • 1,612 posts
i cant download it: the .rar file path is invalid and i cant install the other version

Medivak

Medivak

• Old retired farts
  • 1,790 posts
I have it now and it seems to be working. My ears are bleeding, but it works fine for me. 1 question: is there a way to limit the .pk3s placed in etmain to the actual maps being used in the current rotation? Looks great, nice work. Thanks.

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(NightHunter @ Dec 22 2006, 11:52 PM) View Post
i cant download it: the .rar file path is invalid and i cant install the other version

Oops .. my Webspace was full - so the new version didnt get uploaded. sad.gif
Now it's there.

QUOTE(Medivak @ Dec 23 2006, 12:12 AM) View Post
... is there a way to limit the .pk3s placed in etmain to the actual maps being used in the current rotation?

Lol ? That's exactly what it does - it looks at the download-urls and only keep those pk3 which are the download-folders of the server(s) you selected.
That the only infomation possible - there is no way CleanET i able to know what the current rotation is.
Sometimes there might be 1-2 maps which stay in etmain but are not used in campaign, mostly because they were in the first original campaign but got removed due errors - for example __BRIDGES__ at B2 in the moment.

Medivak

Medivak

• Old retired farts
  • 1,790 posts
Ok, I went to servers and checked bunker 1. I then hit OK.

Then I hit Clean ET (which I had already done previously).

The result is attached, but it tells me that it has 56 maps (the maps from the b1 download page) in etmain and zero in storage. So maybe I'm missing a step or otherwise misunderstanding, but is there a way to just use the 30 in the current rotation? Either way it's really nifty. I wish I was all smart and stuff.

Attached Files

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(Medivak @ Dec 23 2006, 07:12 AM) View Post
The result is attached, but it tells me that it has 56 maps (the maps from the b1 download page) in etmain and zero in storage.

No, that's just little misunderstanding - it doesn't output how many files are in etmain and/or storage.
It tries to move 56 files from storage which probably match the pattern *.*.pk3
The reason for this is there exists more and more files which got identical names, but different content - those are 'fully' replacements.
If you start ET and you got for example the full version of marketgarden_et_r2.pk3 with nearly 40MB and server also has the marketgarden_et.pk3 - but this time the 'light' version with only 17MB, or you got the 'same' files but it got different checksum - in such cases ET will still download the new marketgarden_et_r2.pk3 and name it something like:
marketgarden_et_r2.13989f.pk3

I already got 10 of those 'dupes', they are mostly smaller versions or fixes - not done by the original map-authors.

To make sure you dont have to download those dupes again CleanET tries to move all possible combinations of filenames (beginofmapname.*.pk3), with every file needed by the servers and user-selected maps.

When moving files from storage <> etmain it will also check if the file already exists and compare it against the same pattern and if its an other version, it will rename the map itself by moving it as beginofmapname.md5checksum.pk3.

Basicly it will just do anything possible to keep your etmain 'clean' but also move possible dupes to prevent you have to download anything. Maybe this results in 2-3 (maximum 10 pk3 with my complete et) which are kept in etmain, but they are not really 'needed' - because CleanET cant say which version the server actually got without downloading it completly.

Maybe the original file is not needed, maybe (one of) the replacement(s).

But no need to worry, even if you select all |>B<|-Servers there are not nearly enough pk3's to make ET going buggy, only if you dont use this tool and play campaign after campaign .. and etmain fills up more and more - ET will start bugging around.

Medivak

Medivak

• Old retired farts
  • 1,790 posts
OK, I understand. Thanks. This is certainly better than hundreds of files.

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
New Version released:

Changes for V1.08:
CleanET will now give a warning when you try to start ET with a server not selected in the list, checked servers will get a light-green background, not-checked a light-red.
Fixed a small displaybug when downloading small files, old version 'thoughts' they are for example 846 megabytes .. not bytes - so you get 200 mins downloading .. but it really finished within a second. tongue.gif
Fixed a possible division by zero when calculating average speed.

Screwloose

Screwloose

• Old retired farts
  • 1,564 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Hey Lynxx.

I tried it. its cool. Should I just delete the files in storage? Storage folder is a little bit over a gig.

The girl is awesome! wink.gif

Jazzman

Jazzman

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 625 posts
Thanks Lynxx! I just tried your program and it works! My ET just load pretty much faster than yesterday! I still have the same problem (ET freezes for 15 seconds at the beginning of each map) but anyway, it opens faster! smile.gif

Thanks!
Jazzman

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
Changes for V1.09:
Had a little bug in the parsing of map-sizes which caused wrong displaysizes with B5/B8-maps.

Edit:
QUOTE(Screwloose @ Dec 24 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post
I tried it. its cool. Should I just delete the files in storage? Storage folder is a little bit over a gig.

Nooo dont delete it ! Next time campaign changes you have to download the maps again if you delete them in storage ! Just start CleanET everytime before you want to play, if the campaign changes and 'new' maps come in and they are in storage, CleanET will simply move them back and move maps no longer needed at the moment to storage.
Hence the name 'storage'. wink.gif

QUOTE(Jazzman @ Dec 26 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post
Thanks Lynxx! I just tried your program and it works! My ET just load pretty much faster than yesterday! I still have the same problem (ET freezes for 15 seconds at the beginning of each map) but anyway, it opens faster! smile.gif

Either you CPU is to slow or your got to few ram .. or both. tongue.gif What ya got ?

2nd Edit:
The correct download-url for B4 is http://62.50.40.245:...hem/new/etmain/ in the moment, Alfdoh said it will be http://62.50.40.245:.../mayhem/etmain/ soon again, that's why i wont change it in CleanET, if you want to use CleanET with B4 in the moment please click on B4, change the URL to http://62.50.40.245:...hem/new/etmain/ and click 'Add/Update Server'.

3rd Edit: Alfdoh changed the path, so if you changed it in CleanET, change it back to http://62.50.40.245:.../mayhem/etmain/ cool.gif

Edited by Lynxx, 08 January 2007 - 09:03 PM.

Jazzman

Jazzman

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 625 posts
QUOTE(Lynxx @ Jan 8 2007, 07:01 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Jazzman @ Dec 26 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post
Either you CPU is to slow or your got to few ram .. or both. tongue.gif What ya got ?
Nan! It's now resolved since 2-3 days ago! It was a PunkBuster problem. We were a lots of people that had this problem. It also happened at the beginning of the last summer. Seems that PB resolved it for the second time!

Anyway, thanks again for your great work Mr Lynxx! Very appreciated! smile.gif

See ya!
Jazzman

JO

JO

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 153 posts
Hello lynxx
i just want to test it today but it is made with .net snif i hate this
possible you change you compiler ?

see you soon

JO

Edited by JO, 13 January 2007 - 11:12 AM.