Lynxx

Lynxx

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
QUOTE(TheDevilHunter @ Jul 12 2007, 08:04 AM) View Post
K, just updated, n it found pk3s. Thanks!! Thou, not sure if the autoupdate thing is working. I had to download the rar directly blink.gif

The Auto-Update checks ONCE a day if Clean-ET is started, thats why you wont notice a change immediatly.

TheDevilHunter

TheDevilHunter

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Server:Unselected
K i just got it to work, but now when i click on clean et, it does its thing, but real slow ohmy.gif N i see nothing in the box. Also, if i bring up firefox over cleanet, it locks, n i have to bring task manager up to close it. Is there a reason why?? Also, one thing that bothers me, it says it puts pk3s into storage, but what if u need the file? Like if the admin, puts a new map on the server, while ur playin the game, will the program scan n download it? I doubt it do that thou, u would run into ping problems then lol

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(TheDevilHunter @ Jul 13 2007, 04:20 AM) View Post
K i just got it to work, but now when i click on clean et, it does its thing, but real slow ohmy.gif N i see nothing in the box. Also, if i bring up firefox over cleanet, it locks, n i have to bring task manager up to close it. Is there a reason why?? Also, one thing that bothers me, it says it puts pk3s into storage, but what if u need the file? Like if the admin, puts a new map on the server, while ur playin the game, will the program scan n download it? I doubt it do that thou, u would run into ping problems then lol

Then simply run Clean-ET again, or if you want to test a map locally and/or need it for a demo .. simply go to maps-window and put a check on this/those files you need now/everytime.

Edit:
Ah .. the 'not showing bug' .. i didnt have it since a long time, but sometimes it happens the download-bars dont show. I reinvented that code already around 12 times .. but for some reason it locks the gui while downloading (not refreshing). Seems .net itself tries to acess some network-adress or has a bug when network-transfer is in progress. But the downloads will still work, you can either just wait till it finished or kill the task and restart it again, it will be no problem because Clean-ET removes any temp-files while cleaning.

Edited by Lynxx, 13 July 2007 - 12:11 PM.

TheDevilHunter

TheDevilHunter

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 0 posts
Yea, n i guess updating my pc will lower the time it takes to do its thing. Right now here are my computer stats

Manufacturer:
Compaq Presario 061
Processor:
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz (that also goes up n down too, havnt figured it out yet, but i bet it has somethign to do with sharing power with the onboard video card)
Memory:
382MB RAM (usally stays at 448 at best, only way i see why it goes up n down, is beacuse of this crappy onboard video card. Shares ram n what not :/)
Hard Drive:
137 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Monitor:
COMPAQ FS7600 Color Monitor
Sound Card:
Realtek HD Audio rear/front output/Soundblaster Live! (JBL Desktop Speakers)
Speakers/Headphones:
Stereo Speakers
Keyboard:
Emachines
Mouse:
5-Button Mouse
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Maybe a GB or more of ram, n a real video card will do me some good. Either way good program. I suggest only one thing thou, i know u already wrote a quick tutorial n all, but as u see, i was confused, if u want i can probley type a full tutorial lol, but then again its ur program. Anyhow, guess i have to live with waiting a few hours for it do its thing lol.

Edited by TheDevilHunter, 13 July 2007 - 08:56 PM.

TheDevilHunter

TheDevilHunter

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 0 posts
K i just had clean et do its thing. N... it took like 556 mins ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif there was only 138 pk3s to download, but i only needed a few. Now what i want to know, is that why wont it move the not needed pk3s into storage. This is what it says after wards. After i clicked clean-et, it said this...

Iam so confused. This is what the maps section looks like..

It says no files to move to etmain... Why is that?? I thought i only check what i want to keep in my etmain, n the rest goes to to storage..

EDIT: K i think i know why, it only keeps the files i need, from the download list i receive from the server. Thats probley it. Heh, i wasnt thinking this morning sorry sorry. Still i think 556 mins (sounds like alot right) but still seemed like 2 hours to me, is a long time. I mean the average speed i got was like 267 kbs. Anyhow, nice program. Iam gonna post it on my Game Clan Fourms.

Edited by TheDevilHunter, 15 July 2007 - 04:38 AM.

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(TheDevilHunter @ Jul 14 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post
EDIT: K i think i know why, it only keeps the files i need, from the download list i receive from the server. Thats probley it. Heh, i wasnt thinking this morning sorry sorry. Still i think 556 mins (sounds like alot right) but still seemed like 2 hours to me, is a long time. I mean the average speed i got was like 267 kbs.

That's why i wrote this program .. its even MORE BORING when you want to play, start the game and have to wait 'forever' before you can play .. The speed limitation is mainly only your connection / bandwidth .. but you can do anything else meanwhile on the computer.

Nighty

Nighty

• Old retired farts
  • 1,612 posts
are you gonna release a similar tool for linux? ^^

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(Nighty @ Jul 15 2007, 10:10 PM) View Post
are you gonna release a similar tool for linux? ^^

Different groups are working on a linux-conversation of the net-framework, when it's dont there are only very little codechanges needed.
But you can run it on a windows-machine or under windows and point it to your linux-installation.

Quazimortal

Quazimortal

• Bunker Members
  • 2,129 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
I just tried downloading Clean-ET and the webpage wouldn't load nor would the direct download link work.

Ha! Tried again right after posting and it worked, nevermind.

Edited by Quazimortal, 27 July 2007 - 12:53 PM.

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
Changes for V1.28:
Added Finger-command to the serverlist (ofcourse server must support it).
Added Exclude-List in Mapslist-Window.
There you can add all Files with wildcards you dont want, for example:
*News*
ZBunkerRemix*
s_Konigstigers*
or whatever you like - but dont overdo it - if the server needs the file, ET must download it again.

This way all ppl who complained they want to use Clean-ET, but dont want the optional news-files can exclude them,
they will still be downloaded but moved to storage.

Jazzman

Jazzman

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 625 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
QUOTE(Lynxx @ Jul 31 2007, 07:56 AM) View Post
Added Exclude-List in Mapslist-Window.
There you can add all Files with wildcards you dont want, for example:
*News*
ZBunkerRemix*
s_Konigstigers*
or whatever you like - but dont overdo it - if the server needs the file, ET must download it again.

That's a great feature! I'm gonna try it soon! smile.gif

QUOTE(Lynxx @ Jul 31 2007, 07:56 AM) View Post
This way all ppl who complained they want to use Clean-ET, but dont want the optional news-files can exclude them,
they will still be downloaded but moved to storage.

Not sure if I should consider myself as part of the people that "complained" about the tool but I just originally placed an enhancement suggestion, which could be totally ignored!

Thanks for your great useful tool Lynxx! smile.gif
Jazzman

Ekim

Ekim

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 2 posts
Well maybe a setting on the profiles which allows the hunkmegs to be changed. This might stop some people getting kicked when !news is played.

Just a suggestion thats all. wink.gif

Lynxx

Lynxx

• Old retired farts
  • 2,471 posts
QUOTE(Ekim @ Aug 23 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post
Well maybe a setting on the profiles which allows the hunkmegs to be changed. This might stop some people getting kicked when !news is played

Oh yeah .. wanted to add that you can select com_hunkmegs.
But since V1.11 Clean-ET starts ET everytime with com_hunkmegs 96 - and i never have any problems with getting kicked for news ..
Ofcourse it's only set when you once "Start ET" from Clean-ET.

Ekim

Ekim

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 2 posts
Support for the East Front mod, would be nice.

TheDevilHunter

TheDevilHunter

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 0 posts
All u need is the download link. Here it is

EastFront Download Link

Just click the link, then copy the url. It works for me. Only problem is, that it downloads the files into the etmain folder, not the eastfront folder where it is needed. I guess in the next release, u can make the program, point to mod folders, case u need to download those. Or is that a work in progress?? Either way, its better then using the in-game downloads. Oh btw, i know it is probley my slow ass connection, but i tried downloading files needed for bunker #2, but it was so slow, compared to downloading files for my clan server. Kinda sucks its so slow. mad.gif

Edited by TheDevilHunter, 29 August 2007 - 05:48 PM.

Ekim

Ekim

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE(TheDevilHunter @ Aug 29 2007, 06:46 PM) View Post
Only problem is, that it downloads the files into the etmain folder, not the eastfront folder where it is needed. I guess in the next release, u can make the program, point to mod folders, case u need to download those. Or is that a work in progress?? Either way, its better then using the in-game downloads.

Thats what I mean, It downloads the Eastfront files, but then when I connect it downloads the etmain files needed for that server. Which then when I Clean ET, it moves all of them into storage, so I have to download them again. Yes i know I can set up exclusion lists, but I cant be bothered to fiddle around with that.
Oh btw, i know it is probley my slow ass connection, but i tried downloading files needed for bunker #2, but it was so slow, compared to downloading files for my clan server. Kinda sucks its so slow. mad.gif

>B<2 have big files to download, like the news files & the Saving Private Ryan hit sounds, whereas your clan server probably doesn't have as many sound files(if any), so it's smaller files.

TheDevilHunter

TheDevilHunter

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 0 posts
Its downloading all the files into ur etmain folder, instead of ur EastFront Folder. What i did, was open the link in my browser then, downloaded the files into the East Front Folder.

Ekim

Ekim

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hopefully the next update will stop this, and do it automatically. biggrin.gif

rossiwins

rossiwins

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 13 posts
biggrin.gif

I will give it a try; i hope some problems are fixed.

greetings,

Rossiwins

Mystic

Mystic

I Come Here Often

• Old retired farts
  • 3,012 posts
moved to ET Discussion for now