Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with PB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

AssassinFIN

AssassinFIN

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 268 posts
Click to view battle stats
I starts to have problems today, it's started with "pnkbstrb.exe initialization failed"- kick, then i fixed it.
BUT then PB starts kick me different reasons ("MD5Tools","losing key packets")
Before i get kicked, in console runs message"Punkbuster client, O/S exception notice"

I'm too lazy find help in net, i got big work with first problem, so now i ask here...WTF i have to do with PB

And it seems like many people has problem with PB now.

Brandon

Brandon

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts
The O/S exception notice is caused bye connection problems from firewalls to antivirus's and so on . The expert opinion is to check your internet connection and see if your DNS is not clearing due to either a malware or virus changing your ip address and DNS cant be cleared . If that is the case you will need to get a program to change you ip address or clear your DNS . The O/S exception notice means out of sink exception notice meaning you Ip has either been hacked or corrupted . You may get kick for Guide Hacking in this case you have a DNS problem . If you cannot fix your DNS contact your internet provider for help . Running a spyware or antivirus program has done something to your connection bye either blocking it or corrupting it . In another case you may have a malware or virus that is not removed . And if it is not removed and you fix your DNS it will happen again and you will have to start all over again . If you know how to check your registery hot keys you could use HighJackThis to fix it . DNS stands for Data Network Source which is your providers connections which gives you a faster connction to site you last visited .

If you do not understand do this and see go to /start/control_panel/network_connetions/ right click on your local areat connection and repair it if you have a failure on DNS then you have to figure out how to repair it . I have forgotten right now what program to use to repair it if I remember it I will come back and post it .

Also PB is only telling you what the problem is which should be #9006 there's nothing wrong with PB if its giveing you that number

JoeShooter

JoeShooter

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 147 posts
QUOTE(Brandon @ Aug 26 2007, 10:07 AM) View Post
The O/S exception notice is caused bye connection problems from firewalls to antivirus's and so on . The expert opinion is to check your internet connection and see if your DNS is not clearing due to either a malware or virus changing your ip address and DNS cant be cleared . If that is the case you will need to get a program to change you ip address or clear your DNS . The O/S exception notice means out of sink exception notice meaning you Ip has either been hacked or corrupted . You may get kick for Guide Hacking in this case you have a DNS problem . If you cannot fix your DNS contact your internet provider for help . Running a spyware or antivirus program has done something to your connection bye either blocking it or corrupting it . In another case you may have a malware or virus that is not removed . And if it is not removed and you fix your DNS it will happen again and you will have to start all over again . If you know how to check your registery hot keys you could use HighJackThis to fix it . DNS stands for Data Network Source which is your providers connections which gives you a faster connction to site you last visited .

If you do not understand do this and see go to /start/control_panel/network_connetions/ right click on your local areat connection and repair it if you have a failure on DNS then you have to figure out how to repair it . I have forgotten right now what program to use to repair it if I remember it I will come back and post it .

Also PB is only telling you what the problem is which should be #9006 there's nothing wrong with PB if its giveing you that number

There are so many problems with this post, I don't know where to begin so I'll just address one or two points I can't let pass:
DNS stands for "Domain Name Server" and it is the service that gives you the IP number for an internet name (i.e. bunker.aaxxss.com -> 216.218.222.172). Basically, the internet really only deals with numbers. We use the names to make it easier to remember addresses, but since we have to give a number, your system asks a DNS service (for which your system has an IP number) to translate the name your requesting to a number, which is then used to send your data over the internet.

Assuming you have an dynamic IP address (that is, an address that is determined at the time you connect and not a permanently assigned number; most home connections are), your DNS should be updated automatically with your IP address by your ISP; messing with registry entries could trash your system and I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what your doing. Moreover, if you had problems with DNS, you could only get to systems by their number; all attempts using names would fail.

I'm not sure what the fix is for your problem Assassin, but you might try running the new PB update program called PBSetup.exe (it worked for me and got rid of my #9006 error).

ShadowKatana

ShadowKatana

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 549 posts
Run pbsetup.exe, make sure you're running as administrator, and check your firewall to see if PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are blocked. In the event one or both are, FULLY DELETE the permissions, readd them with full access (they're located in the WINDOWS/system32 folder on Windows), and reboot your computer. If it's none of those, look for spyware or a virus. Also, are you experiencing any other connection problems?

I probably won't be able to reply again to this since I'm going back to school in a few hours, but if none of that works and no one else can come up with anything, hit me up on MSN and I'll see if I can find something.

Brandon

Brandon

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts
My Aoplogises for the modifing of my way of pointing out what DNS stud for or what O/S is either . And O/S Exception Notice is a connection problem not a PB problem . I apologise if you think I am being offensive which I am not . I am just stating that the problem isn't PB . Even if he put pbsecsv off of even balance in to his htm folder he would still have the #9006 problem from PB . To fix the dns resolver all you have to do is go to ->

Start>Run> services.msc
Find DNS Client, the Startup Type should be set to Automatic double click it and you will see the messages of DNS Client Properties

Also
if service is stoped change it to start it should work now .

I couldn't find the program I used , but this is a path to take and its simple . Then repair your service .

Once again I apologise for my modifications of words . Which are in lamest terms .

Peace Guys Hope I could help now I will dissapear again . biggrin.gif

Later John biggrin.gif

ShadowKatana

ShadowKatana

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 549 posts
For the record, it CAN be a PB problem, because I've gotten it before, and it wasn't my connection at the time.

JoeShooter

JoeShooter

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 147 posts
QUOTE(Brandon @ Aug 26 2007, 04:19 PM) View Post
My Aoplogises for the modifing of my way of pointing out what DNS stud for or what O/S is either . And O/S Exception Notice is a connection problem not a PB problem . I apologise if you think I am being offensive which I am not . I am just stating that the problem isn't PB . Even if he put pbsecsv off of even balance in to his htm folder he would still have the #9006 problem from PB . To fix the dns resolver all you have to do is go to ->

Start>Run> services.msc
Find DNS Client, the Startup Type should be set to Automatic double click it and you will see the messages of DNS Client Properties

Also
if service is stoped change it to start it should work now .

I couldn't find the program I used , but this is a path to take and its simple . Then repair your service .

Once again I apologise for my modifications of words . Which are in lamest terms .

Peace Guys Hope I could help now I will dissapear again . biggrin.gif

Later John biggrin.gif
No need to apologize. I hope you didn't think I was angry with you, but computers, operating systems and network protocols are what I do for a living and I get frustrated when I see misleading information.

I have to agree with ShadowKatana though: the #9006 error definitely appears to be a pure punkbuster issue, as it appears to have gone away for me when I updated PB (I'll try again tonight).

AssassinFIN

AssassinFIN

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 268 posts
Now i have try everything and still it says "pnkbstrb.exe initialization failed" when kick me. I have unlocked those files, run every setup and update thinks that here is named, but still it's not working.

Now i'm so pissed off that i take couple days free from ET. Calm down and count to ten many times, then come back and try fix problems.

Well, buying new computer starts to be very needed.

peyote

peyote
test it
http://www.evenbalan...pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

execute that tool, and click on Test Services.. should help.. else post errors. lol
also you can uninstall/reinstall these pnkbstra/b services with that tool

besides:

if pbsetup.exe doesnt solve the trouble..
(question, you need to unpack it into a folder, execute it, accept everything, then add the game et, update it - did you do all of that?, maybe try deleting first the pb folder in your et installation, then update it)

if that doesnt help..

update windows - illegal windows? use automatic windows update or go here: http://www.heise-sec.../articles/80682
and use ct offline to update it