Highbrid

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Click to view battle stats
ok prownd i'll share another secret...

BUY AN ICEMAT ....seriously...icemat = wub.gif

a nice mouse and pad, not saying u even have to buy one, but a nice surface is key. those who say ur mouse and pad dont matter are completely wrong.

the people that say you'll get used to whatever you use...are also wrong. there's a best mouse pad/surface out there for everybody and it'll prolly take sometime to find the one that suits u best but once u do.... smile.gif

another thing is how u sit at ur desk. some use wrist aim (bad idea) and some use their hole arm (great idea!)

i use a sens of 1.05 @ 800dpi with all normal driver settings. takes me like 10 inch's/foot to do a 180. i know a lot think i use a low pitch but i actually play with it default. the only time u really need to lower ur pitch is if ur a high sens user.

best way to keep ur crosshair at head level with a low sens that i've found is to find the right pivot point for my arm on the edge of the desk. i have it rest on the corner right b4 my elbow.

420 is a more high sens user (high sens being anything higher than 6 inch 180's imo) and he uses one of them lil wrist rests. maybe he'll post some tips for using high sens for those that are lazy stoners and can't do too much moving or they get tired tongue.gif

i'll randomly post more as i think of it.

-high

Edited by Highbrid, 20 March 2008 - 03:49 AM.

• AADrusilmTall likes this

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
Good info again

I find myself doing most of these things to get comfortable, even pulling up my sleeves if they are throwing off my aim.

I play with the lights on in the room, even though I can reach any key by feel, and memory location versus looking at the keyboard first before typing or reaching for keys during gameplay.

I put the keyboard at the very bottom left corner of the keyboard ledge for my computer desk, and I may spin the keyboard at an angle to find the best comfort spot

So I have wore a mouse pattern movement abrasion hole in the top laquer or fake veneer over top of the particle board of my computer desk keyboard ledge, and it seems like it is affecting my movement or aim more and more.. Ill look into an icemat, and maybe a whole new computer desk to go along with a new pc when i get one.

The w, a, s, d are no longer printed on my keyboard from finger abrasions from movement keys.

The office chair I have has high sides or low sides arm rests depending how they are set, which I pivot my arm/wrist from. Or my mouse hand may sit at the very edge of the desk to have a familiar spot to pivot from.

Ill look into an icemat

Ya good headphones really help your game versus open air speakers

Also I set my crosshairs at 28 I believe

Edited by PROWND, 22 March 2008 - 01:27 AM.

molloni

molloni

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10
Thanks for the tips guys. There are some really good tips for those of us who are new to the game. Between this forum and another, I've decided to order a Logitech MX518 from ebay. I'm looking forward to getting it next week.

You know, one tip I would give, watch the experts...they know how to get some of the objects in very easy ways. I've seen North Pole finished in just a little over a minute!. Quick matches don't help XP's but they are certainly interesting.

William

William

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
good topic
some tricks i already know
but i still dont know how to trickjump dry.gif
now i have read those tips im gonna spec someone to learn from him
smile.gif

Cwalk

Cwalk

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
u already improved a lot since i helpt ya a bit little bro laugh.gif keep up the kills cool.gif

Cw41k

Cw41k

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts
best tip ever :

smoke a joint the first 10 mins u will play godlike biggrin.gif
(afhter that u gotta smoke another one cause the crosshair/dot seems to disapear laugh.gif )

nike

nike

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 109 posts
QUOTE(Cw41k @ May 6 2008, 11:51 AM)  
best tip ever :

smoke a joint the first 10 mins u will play godlike biggrin.gif
(afhter that u gotta smoke another one cause the crosshair/dot seems to disapear laugh.gif )

i thought u got shanked

Logic

Logic

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts
Very nice guide Prownd, helped me alot smile.gif

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
added 5 more tips to get to 55

In the future an ambitious project would be to link pics or youtube videos for each example or trick.

I would also like to link each paragraph of tips to their own respective thread to be able to discuss each one without adding so many comments to this thread.

more to come

ll420ll

ll420ll

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 123 posts
QUOTE(Highbrid @ Mar 19 2008, 10:46 PM)  
420 is a more high sens user (high sens being anything higher than 6 inch 180's imo) and he uses one of them lil wrist rests. maybe he'll post some tips for using high sens for those that are lazy stoners and can't do too much moving or they get tired tongue.gif

Im not sure if you spec me much, but I have you. I'd bet my sens is equal or lower.

I use 3 different sens for aiming. The Max of the 3 is 1.0 and lowest is .06
I do use a cl_mouseAccel .009 tho. Which increases sens when you need to do a quick spin.
Plus I use a max of 700dpi on my mouse and windows pointer speed is only on 4th bar.
I can only spin 190 degress MAX w/ a full 4 inch mouse movement from center of pad.
Crouched I can only do 120 degrees w/ same movement.

And don't dis my wrist pad...LOL
I have a giant mouse pad so my wrist pad sits at the end of my desk, like your arm.
It rests an inch below my elbow, and feels way better then an edge of a desk.

Finding best mouse sensitivity for you is prolly #1 thing that can do.
A good mouse and pad is a close #2.
Pre-aiming and crouching when shooting is up there too.
Bursting, matching strafing and knowing the hitboxes is what puts ya on top.

Heres my tip for B1 players, watch any military movie. Ya notice how a unit moves.
You NEVER pass the teammate in front of you. Unless hes posting on an angle to cover the advancement of the unit.
And you go behind him if you do, NOT in front of him.
Seems obvious but, most don't get this.
AND quit humping the enemy. If you have to touch the enemy to shoot him w/ an smg you should be playing WOW.
Distance is an advantage to the guy who shoots better.
The skill of shooting while walking backwards goes along way.

Edited by ll420ll, 18 October 2008 - 12:15 AM.

TRULL

TRULL

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Minecraft
QUOTE(BlacqWidow @ Feb 9 2008, 07:18 PM)  
I'm happy I've read it and discovered I already did these things for ages. I feel pro.

ditto

General Sweetpants

General Sweetpants

• Bunker Members
  • 315 posts
QUOTE(TRULL @ Oct 17 2008, 08:45 PM)  
QUOTE(BlacqWidow @ Feb 9 2008, 07:18 PM)  
I'm happy I've read it and discovered I already did these things for ages. I feel pro.

ditto

LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10
Also one that I didn't see.

NEVER, NEVER face the med/lut feeding you. (you end up with 2 players with their back to the threats) always face so you cover the 'threat zones' I see way too many players gunned down because the dude with the gun out is facing their teammate feeding them. There is no reason whatever to be looking at them.

shali

shali

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Bunker #42
QUOTE(BlacqWidow @ Feb 10 2008, 02:18 AM)  

Likewise laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
People commenting saying that You allready know these things YOU SAY, but

Dont friggin comment here in hopes to belittle the writing, or if you cant appreciate the writing as an author or the tips I actually physically had to type into here for you to read. Go back to your myspace page, and leave this thread!

I laugh at boring threads with no technical info that gives nothing to the community but complaints or a thread saying "Hi--Ill be out of town for a few days"

To the haters - If you can put some better info down into a thread id like to see if you could even approach a small percent of the info I have here in this thread, or to make a thread worth reading like this one is at least worth reading

There is a Big difference between knowing/saying you know these things, and having them in the top of your mind while playing!

Each skill I list could be refined/reworked into your playing style

I appreciate, and feed off of the encouragement, or positive comments rather than the people saying they know this stuff allready.

THX

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
Was grouchy my last post apparently, so here is some new stuff

added 61-66 -- maybe ill retitle the thread to 100 some day here if i keep writing

I_R_NATAN

I_R_NATAN

• Bunker Members
  • 253 posts
you ought to add what you told me last night too..because you unleashed something in me lol..my headshot average is up like 40 lol..

Weedranger

Weedranger

• Members
  • 458 posts
trying not to suck...really helps

shali

shali

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Bunker #42
All my respect to PROWND to putting efford to this! although Some of the tips I find "wrong in my opinnion". That doesn't mean they really are wrong, they might be working in certain situations ( the gameplay and situations vary all the time), but I think otherwise about them. Here are my point of view to some tricks:

QUOTE(PROWND @ Jan 22 2008, 10:04 PM)  
64. Hug walls - stay close to the side --- for camoflage reasons/to blend in to an object, or to get a wider view -- combine prone or crouch while hugging or staying close to a wall.. I like to prone next to a wall--so not only are you prone which is harder to see, but you blend into wall, and are out of sight of main traveling thru area.

I must say I disagree with this. Standing close to a wall doesn't give you any camoflage, especially if you're moving most of the time, as you should be. You also become more vulnerable to certain weapons, such as panzerfaust or especially riffle grenade. (It's easy to just shoot the grenade to wall, if it doesn't kill you straight away, it will bounce off from the wall and you're dead anyway..)

27. Stand in a pile of packs knowing youll take damage, and absorb the packs right away -- Its like another form of adrenaline. Pile up packs at someones feet, like mg gunners, or for yourself.

Disagree. As standing on a pile of packs you will automatically pick a pack up when you are shot. For example, there are four med packs on the ground. As one bullet hits you, you pick up the first pack, although you most likely lost no more than 3-10 HP. As one medipack contains 20HP, you waste many HP's. so as you have been shot 4 times, you have used all the 4 medpacks, and used total of 80HP's, in theory.

Instead place the packs next to you. As you are strafing, you'll hit the packs anyway, and won't waste as much HP.

MG is a totally different thing. tongue.gif

28. Adrenaline - Dont use adrenaline till the last second. Adrenaline is most protective a split second after injecting it, but if you wait another split second longer the damage is a lot different. You can survive panzers at close range like this, and people are astonished that you didnt die while your busy killing them, but if you use adrenaline too early, that same panzer shot will kill you. I see so many people using adrenaline way early or in no enemy presence and they arent trick jumping or moving too fast. Dont be afraid to carry the adrenaline out and not use it till its needed or till last second. I see many people take the adrenaline out and have to use it since they took it out or at the time they take adrenaline out. Take damage on purpose when adrenalized--run over a mine field, jump on a nade, take on invincibility from spawners near a flag.

Don't use it at all. I would roughly call it as "a cheat so you won't become better". If you constatly use adrenaline, you won't be able to learn to play without it. Also, it only lasts for 10 seconds, and makes you lose all your "energy bar", so you won't be able to heal yourself. And remember, even the most adrenaline pumped up players can be killed.

You should rather focus on your game play with time and the help of PROWND's tips. Professional players are not made over one night. you need to be patient.

This last one was included due to the fact that I just hate adrenaline. laugh.gif

If anyone needs help, especially in ETpro, but on other mods too, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'm more than glad to share my knowledge.

Edited by shali, 06 December 2008 - 09:46 AM.

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
Ya laying in a pile of packs on purpose regardless of how many hp you will lose or packs you will waste Cuz you dont know if they wil get a headshot on you or not. Object is to survive for later--Time heals and packs recharge.

You lay the packs down in order to lay, stand, or crouch in them knowing youll take damage

If you put em next to you youll be dead before you reach them

Why think its only for an mg gunner to lay in?

You can get some camoflage against a wall, box etc because its not the main travel thru area and you can easily overlook it as the enemy. As far as being a target for a panz or rifle nade, well you take your chances sneaking around just like anywhere else--and randomness kills you or keeps you safe.

Dont assume people can see all angles at once or arent distracted or always see the whole playing field.

You get enemys running by you all the time, so why not blend in or hide a little better along the way?