shali

shali

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Bunker #42
Click to view battle stats
QUOTE(PROWND @ Dec 6 2008, 11:36 AM) View Post
Ya laying in a pile of packs on purpose regardless of how many hp you will lose or packs you will waste Cuz you dont know if they wil get a headshot on you or not. Object is to survive for later--Time heals and packs recharge.

You lay the packs down in order to lay, stand, or crouch in them knowing youll take damage

If you put em next to you youll be dead before you reach them

Why think its only for an mg gunner to lay in?

Staying still will get you killed, or atleast makes you more vulnerable. Time does heal you, but mostly you really don't have that time. You might get one or even two kill(s), but there are more to come.

I don't mean you need to place the packs 3 miles away, so you won't even have time to get them. place them right next to you. The following example will describe what I mean:

CODE

l     Z     l
           l            l
           l            l
______l             l______
         O  X

O = medipacks
X = You
Z = Enemy

Although you know you are going to take damage, you still should avoid is as much as you can. Place te packs right next to the corner and "man" the corner. This how you cover yourself by
  • showing as little as possible of you
  • Being able to escape behind the corner out of the fight if neccessary, and healing
    yourself too.
  • Giving you a change for surpise: Leaning on the wall doesn't expose you.

What comes for the MG, it's not movable while planted, so it won't have time to look for health as being shot at.

QUOTE(PROWND @ Dec 6 2008, 11:36 AM) View Post
You can get some camoflage against a wall, box etc because its not the main travel thru area and you can easily overlook it as the enemy. As far as being a target for a panz or rifle nade, well you take your chances sneaking around just like anywhere else--and randomness kills you or keeps you safe.

Dont assume people can see all angles at once or arent distracted or always see the whole playing field.

You get enemys running by you all the time, so why not blend in or hide a little better along the way?

Do you mean camoflage as taking cover? if so, I agree. If not, I have to say that I have never ever in my "gaming career" thought that a box would be a player. Charters are not chameleons. It doesn't even matter if you stay still or not, you are spotted.

You are right ( in a way tongue.gif ) about what you are saying. I don't mean my knowledge is the right answer, I just like to open doors to new perspective of seeing things. What we need to do is face the facts: There isn't any right answer, because the situations change all very rapidly and no matter how you play, you end up dead eventually biggrin.gif

Cheers
Shali
  • AADrusilmTall likes this

Hornet8819

Hornet8819

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
lol Shali bullets do 18 damage, not 3-10. If you played pro like you said then you would known that sitting on 4 packs is a pretty common defense technique. And if you guys really wanted to improve you'd always be putting yourself at a disadvantage so that you have to rely on your aim and judgment to get kills, instead of just always relying on the same lame tricks like using adren and camping the same corners killing the same bad players over and over again. Instead just using your preaim and reaction time to regain the advantage if someone surprises you to give them some immediate headshots instead of sticking yourself with adren and jumping all over the place, and if defense does require you to camp go somewhere to try to take on multiple people since it forces you to have good aim and reaction time to survive.

so basically , shoot headhots, win et. and I'm not saying I'm an expert by any stretch of the imagination, I still have tons of room for improvement as does everyone else. And I like this topic because the more good players on bunker = more fun imo.

shali

shali

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Bunker #42
QUOTE(Hornet8819 @ Dec 6 2008, 08:47 PM) View Post
lol Shali bullets do 18 damage, not 3-10. If you played pro like you said then you would known that sitting on 4 packs is a pretty common defense technique. And if you guys really wanted to improve you'd always be putting yourself at a disadvantage so that you have to rely on your aim and judgment to get kills, instead of just always relying on the same lame tricks like using adren and camping the same corners killing the same bad players over and over again. Instead just using your preaim and reaction time to regain the advantage if someone surprises you to give them some immediate headshots instead of sticking yourself with adren and jumping all over the place, and if defense does require you to camp go somewhere to try to take on multiple people since it forces you to have good aim and reaction time to survive.

so basically , shoot headhots, win et. and I'm not saying I'm an expert by any stretch of the imagination, I still have tons of room for improvement as does everyone else. And I like this topic because the more good players on bunker = more fun imo.

I play ETpro, but I don't consider myself as a pro ohmy.gif Correct me if I'm wrong, but this topic was started for beginners who need/want to improve their skills. My personal view of gameplay is totally different to these tips, but because I think I'm not at the starting grid of ET anymore I'm able to see that these tricks are useful for beginners. Once you master them, You are able to provide and change your gameplay. You need to know how to stand before you can walk.

And no, I don't support adrenaline, in fact I hate it. I never use it. for beginners it's good. Same goes for camping. Personally I don't do it (often biggrin.gif) I like to change my position as much as possible. But although camping anoys most people, like you I see, it also gives you kills. And that is all in all for starters.

I agree with you personally, but as from 3rd person view, I don't. Hope you understand my point.

Peace
Shali

EDIT: oh and sorry for that healthpack failure. I seem to have lost my touch. "must.. gain... powers.." tongue.gif

Edited by shali, 07 December 2008 - 02:18 PM.

Hornet8819

Hornet8819

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 740 posts
yeah mine was more about people who are already decent, and want to get better.

kael

kael

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 270 posts
Key config:

For you touch typists out there, shift the default movement keys to esdf. Hey, now your natural home position feels right plus get access to qaz and tgb on the left hand real easy. Assign useful things like grenade, alt weapon and so on. Don't forget to move lean to wr as well.

$.02

Weedranger

Weedranger

• Members
  • 458 posts
everyone needs to learn how to cornercamp #1...worst player on the worst computer can always take down the #1 player doing the cornercamp.

TNT

TNT

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Unselected
How it can be possible to even have 50+ tips. In game is just a gun, and jump/chrouch buttons. So can you write a list of ALL tips. A "phonebook" style list. smile.gif

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
QUOTE(TNT @ Dec 12 2008, 10:02 PM) View Post
How it can be possible to even have 50+ tips. In game is just a gun, and jump/chrouch buttons. smile.gif

Easy

http://www.splicd.co...I_Pi3QM/223/236

Edited by PROWND, 12 December 2008 - 11:40 PM.

Tom

Tom

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 13 posts
Hmm...

I would assume that most players heard/ looked into "aiming by raziel"?? Might be old but that's a good place to starting place for general aiming.

There also used to be a site with a really good online ET guide (think it's http://velocity.lunarpages.com/), but looks like it's dead now.

oh and for mouse, I use my trusty mx510 @ 9-12 sensitivty.... smile.gif

Weedranger

Weedranger

• Members
  • 458 posts
ur sensitivity is too high :/

gokusan1993

gokusan1993

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
I got mx518 on sensi 1.. lol

Amisa

Amisa

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 210 posts
i read these tricks and realized i already use most of them... lol

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts

i read these tricks and realized i already use most of them... lol

Tell me something I am missing smart guy! :P

You may think you do most of these things, but there is a big difference between what you know, and what you are thinking about, or planning at the time it needs to be done in game.

Thoughts on the top of your head are different than the knowledge you have in the back of your mind.

Edited by PROWND, 03 September 2010 - 03:26 PM.

GREENDRAGON888

GREENDRAGON888

Still Considered a Newbie

• Bunker Members
  • 31 posts
these are some nice tips prownd! :)

well done.......

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Steam:captn3
some one asked about hit boxes heres a link that should help.. http://enemyterritor...-reyaip-report/

now heres a good tip follow ur teammates help them out learn the way they play and then when u play against them its easy as cake lol.

like if hes a head hunter go prown our crouch he has to take the time to line up on ur head again but if hes already hitting ur straff never crouch or go prown cuz he can get a instant hs.learn to straff and learn to read a straff .easiest way to aim.pin point there movement.

abstauba3r

abstauba3r

Still Considered a Newbie

• Bunker Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
ID Stuff -> ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/

ahh, havent seen the news :D

Edited by abstauba3r, 13 August 2010 - 02:26 PM.

Xenix

Xenix

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Very nice :D
Some of this tricks I already know, but there are many new for me :)
Thanks!