Hawke

Hawke

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 118 posts
  • Steam:hawke2019
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

This is a large topic for discussion of the Bunker 4 server. Settings, Maps, Ideas, Feedback or just about anything you can think of for B4 to help out or would like to say or tell us. It is very important for the players to discuss what they like or don't like on a server and how they think it could be better and any ideas that have in general.

I will update and post on this topic regularly and as needed and help out to have everyone heard and known and try to inform everyone of many things on Bunker 4.

Some basic Information:

Server IP Address: 178.20.168.91:27960

DNS: DNS automatically resolves the ip address from a url, and can be placed where you would normally put an IP and it will be resolved to the IP.

DNS Addresses:

bunker4.aaxxss.com

bunker4fun.com

The Server is run on a i386 Linux Machine from the Netherlands.

The server runs No Quarter 1.2.9

The server maintains 8 bots by default which are removed as players join the game.

Punkbuster is no longer supported, but you must have punkbuster enabled for your etkey to work correctly.

An etkey is a unique software ID that is used to save information about you including your XP and adminlevels. If you do not have an etkey, please refer to this topic: http://bunker.aaxxss...rate-a-new-one/ to obtain one. It is possible to play without an etkey on B4, but it is not recommended and you will be asked to get one.

Bunker 4 allows map voting at the end of each map to decide the next map. If no map is chosen, it will continue on a default rotation.

|>B<|o-0._.0-o (AKA "Owen") Is the server host and operator.

There are often some extra "fun maps" or other maps that are not in the rotation on the server. Some of these are occasionally played for a little different bit of game-play to have some extra fun. Some of the maps may be ones from old cycles that are not run now or are potential maps for future or current cycles.

All maps and files need for the server can be found here at the Bunker 4 Download Directory;

Bunker 4 Directory

Also in the directory page is a link to donate. anyone who wants to or is willing will be able to do so through paypal.

There is also a bunker 4 forum that all bunker 4 player are free to register on and use. There is a link to the forum in the Bunker 4 Directory.

Please feel free to post what maps you like and don't like and what maps you think would be good to play on the server. Please be sure you have played the map online a few times with players before you decide to post something about it, and please post reasons why the specific map is good or bad for we can understand you and maybe learn it for future reference.

Also you can discuss server settings like weapon or class limits but please, think carefully about both sides of the option and the good and bad on each side before posting, and try to explain in good detail why you think something of an option.

We can not guarantee that the settings or maps will be changed because you don't like them but then we will understand what you think and will try to make experiences better for you if we can. I will try to post as much information and insight on each thing that I can and answer as many questions as I can.

If the admins of the server decide that they like some of your ideas they might talk about it and change it, As much as they want you to have fun there are some things that are best not to change and that can be difficult to work with.

Please also feel free to ask any questions relating to Bunker 4 here and I will attempt to answer or find an answer for you as soon as possible.

Please post you ideas and thoughts on these things, and hopefully they can be used to make the server a better place for all. smile.gif

Update: All players who would like to have some monthly fun awards please post that you would like them and any award ideas you have!

Edited by Hawke, 17 March 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,957 posts
very good impulse hawky wink.gif

Let's discuss.

The Lord

The Lord

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 665 posts
I'd like a "Hatori hax only" setting on B4, so that I'm the only one who's allowed to uses haxes. Maybe then I don't look like a nub everytime cool.gif

I'd like to see more fun settings. Last time I was on, Owen put an underwater_sniper map on. I had a lot of fun with that map.
Maybe the map lasted a little too long, but it was fun though!!!

KLAUS

KLAUS

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
i pm´ed owen allready but i say it now again for u all thefinger.gif

some guys can play with a bad internetsettings...like maxpackets 15 and rate under 25000,and then they complain about laggs and ping lame.gif wtf.gif

so it would be nice to change those 2 settings,so ull get kicked for cl_maxpackets lower then 30 and for rate lower then 25000,like on b2 f.e.

MAYDAY

MAYDAY

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 300 posts
  • Xfire:mayday28
QUOTE(KLAUS @ Oct 7 2008, 02:05 PM) View Post

some guys can play with a bad internetsettings...like maxpackets 15 and rate under 25000,and then they complain about laggs and ping lame.gif wtf.gif

so it would be nice to change those 2 settings,so ull get kicked for cl_maxpackets lower then 30 and for rate lower then 25000,like on b2 f.e.

biggrin.gif Thanks for fixing my probs with maxpackets klaus! running smoooooooooooooooooth 95% now! you only have to ask soccerkill what a difference it made laugh.gif Click Click Click!!

!beeer Klaus
!splif Klaus

MAYDAY

MAYDAY

• Bunker Members
  • 300 posts
QUOTE(Creepy Geek @ Oct 7 2008, 06:29 AM) View Post
very good impulse hawky wink.gif

Let's discuss.

Agree!

soccerkill

soccerkill
  • Xfire:Soccerkillnl
  • Tb:177277
  • Discord:Soccerkill #6972
QUOTE(MAYDAY @ Oct 7 2008, 06:49 PM) View Post
QUOTE(KLAUS @ Oct 7 2008, 02:05 PM) View Post

biggrin.gif Thanks for fixing my probs with maxpackets klaus! running smoooooooooooooooooth 95% now! you only have to ask soccerkill what a difference it made laugh.gif Click Click Click!!

!beeer Klaus
!splif Klaus

Huh? wath u do you mean ?

Hawke

Hawke

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 118 posts
Some extra information: This is kind of like a bunker 4 discussion news and updates topic and can be for some other fun things too I consider to do in the future, In this post I will explain some things. One of the main points of this topic is to gather information and discuss elements of bunker 4 and its players to attempt to ensure a Friendly and Fun playing environment.

In a way this is much like an interactive news and information and discussion topic in which everyone can give input and participate. For example if you have ideas about fun things to add to this topic please pm me your ideas or post them.

Some Ideas I am planning to or want to add (Please give me your input a lot of these ideas will require players to submit things in order to effectively use them);

Photos of the week/month, Players and I (if I get some good pictures) will submit fun or nice screen shots from ET and other funny pictures they may find, which will be updated regularly if we have enough pictures. If you would like to submit one please send me a link to it in a pm or if you want you can send me the photo or link on one of my instant messangers. (see my profile to see how you can contact me) (please don't use AIM or Yahoo as I don't use them much, and I check mainly my MSN email) I will then take any pictures and submit them with who sent it in and the title of the picture. (you can tell me a title or I can make one up for you) You may of course post your pictures in your own posts, but the one that are submitted for photos of the week/month would be post on the first post.

I also hope to post weekly/monthly news of things going on in server or things about it or the players. Once again It would be very nice for the players to submit ideas to put in news and I will attempt to collect as much data as possible about important, interesting, or new things going on.

I also hope to add an idea i call monthly awards. Basically The players and I would come up with ideas for award names and what they are given for. They would just be fun titles to recognize players for various things. And then Players could vote and submit who they think should be given each award. Awards could be fun or serious or anything in between.

Award Examples:

Insanity award - Awarded to crazy players who do funny and insane things.

Friend award - Awarded to nice players who are friendly and kind and make other people happy

Skill award - Awarded to player who is voted to have best overall skill, not only aim and kills but good teamwork, good sportsmanship, And good with helping with or completing objectives.

More awards will be added if people like this idea.

Also I will post information and ideas about things that are actively and well discussed such as large discussions about maps or settings and other things of the server.

I also plan to sometimes ask for ideas and ask how they feel and think about some things on the server in game and record it. If I find anything that is interesting or something that comes up a lot I will post it here.

And any ideas players have to add to these many things could also be added in the future.

As for now those are all the things I can think of and I may add more later.

Happy Gaming to you all! biggrin.gif

I would be very appreciative if a Moderator would sticky this post as I plan to actively maintain and update it to help sustain a better environment of Bunker 4 for all.

Edited by Hawke, 07 October 2008 - 09:39 PM.

soccerkill

soccerkill
  • Xfire:Soccerkillnl
  • Tb:177277
  • Discord:Soccerkill #6972
Award Examples:

Friend award - Awarded to nice players who are friendly and kind and make other people happy

Skill award - Awarded to player who is voted to have best overall skill, not only aim and kills but good teamwork, good sportsmanship, And good with helping with or completing objectives.

First award is giving between now and now , i got the first price ^^

but nice idea smile.gif

MAYDAY

MAYDAY

• Bunker Members
  • 300 posts
QUOTE(Hawke @ Oct 7 2008, 09:55 PM) View Post
Some extra information: This is kind of like a bunker 4 discussion news and updates topic and can be for some other fun things too I consider to do in the future, In this post I will explain some things. One of the main points of this topic is to gather information and discuss elements of bunker 4 and its players to attempt to ensure a Friendly and Fun playing environment.

In a way this is much like an interactive news and information and discussion topic in which everyone can give input and participate. For example if you have ideas about fun things to add to this topic please pm me your ideas or post them.

Some Ideas I am planning to or want to add (Please give me your input a lot of these ideas will require players to submit things in order to effectively use them);

Photos of the week/month, Players and I (if I get some good pictures) will submit fun or nice screen shots from ET and other funny pictures they may find, which will be updated regularly if we have enough pictures. If you would like to submit one please send me a link to it in a pm or if you want you can send me the photo or link on one of my instant messangers. (see my profile to see how you can contact me) (please don't use AIM or Yahoo as I don't use them much, and I check mainly my MSN email) I will then take any pictures and submit them with who sent it in and the title of the picture. (you can tell me a title or I can make one up for you) You may of course post your pictures in your own posts, but the one that are submitted for photos of the week/month would be post on the first post.

I also hope to post weekly/monthly news of things going on in server or things about it or the players. Once again It would be very nice for the players to submit ideas to put in news and I will attempt to collect as much data as possible about important, interesting, or new things going on.

I also hope to add an idea i call monthly awards. Basically The players and I would come up with ideas for award names and what they are given for. They would just be fun titles to recognize players for various things. And then Players could vote and submit who they think should be given each award. Awards could be fun or serious or anything in between.

Award Examples:

Also I will post information and ideas about things that are actively and well discussed such as large discussions about maps or settings and other things of the server.

I also plan to sometimes ask for ideas and ask how they feel and think about some things on the server in game and record it. If I find anything that is interesting or something that comes up a lot I will post it here.

And any ideas players have to add to these many things could also be added in the future.

As for now those are all the things I can think of and I may add more later.

Happy Gaming to you all! biggrin.gif

I would be very appreciative if a Moderator would sticky this post as I plan to actively maintain and update it to help sustain a better environment of Bunker 4 for all.

very positive. i love the idea.

!beer hawke

sebbo

sebbo

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts
@ first :
i must give great greetings to owen !
he manage the B4 and he tried some maps out. thank u guy. !cheer owen

next i thanks for hawke for this topic. the time was right.

the award thing is cool. i´d like to see that smile.gif

but i have to say that 2 maps are in my opinion very boring and/or not so funny and i would change them into other maps,
try new maps out or something: the 2 maps i mean are CaptureTheBox_R1 and mlb_starbase i think..

im not sure with starbase...is this the map where axis must dynamite the 2 "holo-walls" after the spawn and mainly must dynamite a big
"energy-core"???
im not sure but this map is to big in my opinion and i dont like it biggrin.gif
on other hand i dont like the new oasis. i mean i like the new ways but i have the feeling that the allies have it now much easier to win the map.
to many ways to come to goal.. axis have most of the time no chance to defend the anti-tank-guns.
maybe someone make some adds to the map for the axis like a few mg42 or something.
or we try another version of oasis. but oasis have to be a part of the B4 maplist. its classic

but the most maps im happy with it.

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
Part 1 rolleyes.gif for the camping:

supplydepot2 -> supply
(Often in this map at the start the half of the axis team spawn at the supply area, not at the forward gate. So i recommend the change for the real final version which have not any 1,2,3 etc. number)

for the other map i agree with Sebbo, i also dont like
- CaptureTheBox_R1 (dual) -> Desert Bunker (dual)
- mlb_starbase (axis) -> Warbell (axis) with restricted access
but maybe SW Battery (allies) or Streets of Italy (FP2) (allies) would be nice atm. I think becuse of the 30 slots, we will not have gamechars problem.

For the siwa map: its run with 15sec allies/30sec axis respawn time (if this is not modded by serverside). If a map too easy for a team best and easy way to solve this problem if the server admin modified the respawn time of the teams via mapscript. (15-25sec wuold be cool, damn i hate 30 sec respawn). The good example from B2 the Würzburg Radar map which had the standard 30sec axis/20sec allies respawn time and was very easy for the allies team, but now with 20-20sec respawn time there is a very intensive fight.

And imo some fun map (where not only the map, but the settings are crazy also) must be the part of the campaing so we can play with that maps not randomly, but regulary. But on every fun map i strongly recommend a 10-15 min time limit.
Knife only mod, guided rockets etc. all welcome from me.

Edited by molotov77, 08 October 2008 - 02:35 AM.

sebbo

sebbo

• Members
  • 23 posts
supplydepot2 -> supply
(Often in this map at the start the half of the axis team spawn at the supply area, not at the forward gate. So i recommend the change for the real final version which have not any 1,2,3 etc. number)

yeah i think so too...
sometimes it makes sense when u are engi but when u are medic or something... that get on my nerves..

btw.: nice pic molotov smile.gif i like this humor hehe

i think i will learn to mod maps. then i make ya the perfect maps hehe

Hawke

Hawke

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 118 posts
Soon to be instated, but I will need some help from the players for these, and will start as soon as possible.

These will be posted in the main topic like a large news topic with many parts.

Monthly Awards, Players will be recognized for a specific trait or set of traits as decided on by majority vote from the players.

Some Monthly Awards,

Resident award - Awarded to players for being on the server a lot and for long periods of time, basically for people who "live" on the server.

Please submit me your ideas for awards, and I will post when we will accept votes for who earns the awards.

NEWS

This will contain information about new things that happened or are going on with the server or players, I will attempt to post new things going on regularly. If any members know anything interesting going on or something important happens in the world or even with them please pm me it for I can post it.

Fun Stuff

This area will be for fun and will have things such as, screenshots, funny pictures like joke ones from the internet, Funny jokes, quotes, phrases, and stories. These can be real things like screen shots you take in game or funny things that happened in game or in real life, or could be funny stuff that you found or made up. please pm me with submissions for this area.

Map of the week

Could be a new map, a fun map, a crazy map or just a good map. Players can submit ideas for maps that will have a short post about in the news with a little information about them. It is very nice if players pick a map that is on server.

Hot Topic

This area will be about new and interesting and important topics or ideas or ones that have a lot of discussion. It will include a summary and overview of the idea/discussion including a lot of important main points on them and other important things about them.

Please feel free to post or pm ideas for new areas to add to this system, and remember we need your help to submit, discuss, and vote on things.

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
part2 huh.gif for the server
chicken grenades -> i dont like them
- maybe becuse iam an animal friend i dont like this extra, I dont find funny dropping chickens
- in the floor i cant see which team drop the nade (if i dont have Level 8 battle sense skill), becuse both team use the chicken modell

skill system -> back to the defaults
- the medic skill showing wrong after the level 4(? or 5 or 6 donno exactly) until u reach the 9th skill
- with the standard NQ settings u need only 540 xp-points for a skill if u want have a level 9 soldier. Here i need around 1000 xp-points for a 9th skill. But it is not a big server and the utilization could be also better, the medic class is limited to 2 etc., so dont easy reaching the wanted level. It is not imposible, because i already have for the 7 skills all the 9 levels, but i say its not the best.
And between a skilled and non-skilled soldier could be the differences big.

Hawke

Hawke

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 118 posts
Well owen did some "editing" with the medic skill requirements that set the experience at different amounts, and some higher levels require no experience or less experience for other other levels. This caused the advancement system to go a bit out of whack but once u get enough xp it will go to lvl 9 and work normally. I think he edited for people could get poison and or battlefield resuscitation earlier I'm not sure if both but I'm pretty sure battlefield resuscitation. So it will show medic xp/levels/awards funny but it still works fine. And also for light weapons he set for i think all levels have throw knife. As for the xp amounts I don't mind them but its more important what the players think because I don't mind too many things and am fine with how they are. If others want to change them for most things I would also be fine.

Silence

Silence

Hi, My Name Is..

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Hi guys, =)

This is my 1st time posting on Bunker Forums =)

Well i dont think there is anything wrong with the server personally, the only thing that i can think of right now is too add a mod called Tesla Gun, which replaces a Flamethrower with a "electricity thrower" so to speak, it adds alot of fun to the game, and it isnt a very big mod to upload, all i can say is try it for a week or 2 see what peoples reactions are and decide what to do once you have the responses =).

Jus thought of another mod =), i have a mod on my server which tells you the other persons HP once you die, so that you do not have to keep asking every player that kills you what it was, and also so you can see how close you were to killing them =), its a very good mod, it could make the experience on B4 better then it is already =), It may not seem so useful right now, but once it was installed on my server, i wondered how i ever did without it =P, again you can just try it and see if you like, =), if you would like this mod then contact me anyhow you can and i will send it to you =).

Right now that is all i can think of, i will post again if there is anything i do think of =)

Thanks

Silence =)

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 722 posts
Hi!
Molotov writes about skills. I do not like 1,5 x in month get xp-reset biggrin.gif. Shit, its my points... why the hell you take thous from me biggrin.gif hihii
Really I dont care about xp, but skills.... too sad is start to blow some shit, when I got no engiskills. I make team weaker... they are not happy tongue.gif
In real game, its not big difference if you got 5 or 9 level of enything.
Its possible made thous nessesery (med 4, engi 4, field 3 covert 3) skill-levels in 2000 (?) maybe less xp-points. Its 2 evenings.
And about in half year is very nice to see, who reach 1 to 500 000 xp points biggrin.gif - if reset didnt do his ugly job.
Maybe lil contest and swimsuit-part, cookies/milk and award to the best XP-whore ? blink.gif
Also I like speed about 300 UPS, but im glad, that we got almost in all maps double-jumps. It makes same...
But I do love Bunker 4! All what is done is nice and good. If there is no big changes, Ill be happy as always.

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
QUOTE(QuQu @ Oct 9 2008, 08:49 PM) View Post
Its possible made thous nessesery (med 4, engi 4, field 3 covert 3) skill-levels in 2000 (?)...

Yes, maybe the "standard" 4 levels for each skill can reachable with the original values - 20 50 90 140 -, and from level 5 to level 9 we can stay the custom values?

So for the new - or with reseted xp -players does not take years to collect a little skill (up to level 4) which is very usable for the team(work) too, and if somebody stay as regular on the server can enjoy the NQ features too (level 5 -9)

Btw have we now this maps in the campaing cycle?

Supply
tankbuster
bremen_b2
intel_center
tc_base
caen2
mlb_daybreak
CaptureTheBox_R1
Streets of Italy fp2
warehouse

1944 Siegfried
braundorf_b4
Goldrush-GALS
el_kef_final
password2
industry2
rockeyes_b2
sp_delivery_te
breakout2
Siwa oasis

Edited by molotov77, 13 October 2008 - 01:32 AM.

sebbo

sebbo

• Members
  • 23 posts
the last few day i played not much but i saw the italy streets!
its the Italy map froim counterstrike but very very hard modded.
i like it much , VERY FUNNY , i swear smile.gif