Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

If you haven't connected to B1 in the last 6 months...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Nevermore

Nevermore

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Old retired farts
  • 2,543 posts
Click to view battle stats
... and would like to keep your level, then please do so.

I'm going to be attempting the new pub version tomorrow. One thing I'm also going to do is either make a shell script or small little Java program that will go through each shrubbot entry and see if that GUID has been seen in the last 6 months. If not, it's going to be erased...

The reason being is that the newer pubs especially use the shrubbot very extensively. The B1 shrubbot has entries that have been around as long as the server has. It's almost a 1 MB text file now and it can be cleaned extensively for memory and processing's sake.

You don't have to do anything special... just connect, let it fully load, then disconnect.

Edited by Nevermore, 16 November 2008 - 01:32 AM.

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts
So was wondering if you ever did this.

Main reason is below...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed physics: Make sure no one on the server has an unfair movement advantage
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so Tired when i go up against a player with 20-50 ping and when i Fire, I Freeze for about 3 seconds, My screen then goes back to normal and I'm laying on my Back Crying Medic!!!

This has been happening more lately, especially during up close Fire Fights!

I usually have about 95-110 ping on B1.

Oh, and i would suggest that when you do this, Don't tell people or they will automatically start Crying Lag!!!

Sneak it in on them and you will get the Best Response.

Just my Christmas wishes, Hee Hee!

Jec

Nevermore

Nevermore

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Old retired farts
  • 2,543 posts
No, I haven't done this yet. sad.gif

Here's a list of things that have been happening the last few weeks that got in the way.

1) Troubles with the program and differences between UNIX and Windows line endings.
2) Buying another monitor for my desktop and basically overheating my graphics card because of it (Windows).
3) Switching my desktop permanently to Ubuntu to solve both 1 and 2, but having sound issues.
4) Working extra hours the last week or two to make up for having Thanksgiving and Black Friday off.
5) Waiting on Peyote to have a section of etphp fixed (I wanted that and new pub on B1 simutaneously).

No worries though, I would run this program in the middle of the night when B1 is empty. If it's not done in that time period, I would pause it and resume it the next night.