Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

How many slots should B6 have?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Poll: How many slots should B6 have? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

How many slots should B6 have?

1. 14 (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. 16 (1 votes [7.14%])

3. 18 (1 votes [7.14%])

4. 20 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 24 (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

6. 30 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 40 (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

8. 50 (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 60-64 (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Click to view battle stats
DONT VOTE YET, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

My idea is to lower the slots of B6, to 16-20. Why would people play in a server with 16 bots and almost no humans? So when the slots are lower and there are humans, I think people will connect faster because the server is almost full and people will think the server is popular.

I also think smaller servers in Bunker are needed. We only have BIG servers, the only small server is B11 (16 slots) and then B8 (24 slots). Why small servers? Playing on small servers can be cool too wink.gif

Lets face it, most servers are dead. In ET... In every game... Atleast we can do is trying to make it popular... Which I am trying lol... Maybe there are things in B6 people don't like and that's maybe people don't come back..., so

PLEASE tell me what u like and dont like in B6 If people tell me, I can read options and maybe there is something much people don't like... I don't know what people like and don't like when they don't tell me... wink.gif

For sure the high XP of the bots is what people don't like, I still don't have a clue how to edit the xpsave for the bots in the cfg's... Did a google search, checked omni-bot website... But nothing... Maybe someone which knows something about omni-bot can help me...?

NOW U may vote, lol

EDIT: Please also tell why u voted that option...

Edited by KILLERBEE, 25 December 2008 - 01:09 AM.

peyote

peyote
B11 has only 16(+2) slots cause of the mod .. I believe that mod will not make fun with more players.. 9vs9 is allready allot for that type of gameplay.

Make them say !resetmyxp ..

You need to search omnibot forum for 'resetmyp' , on b5 the bots xp gets currenlty reseted on each map, as they get kicked by the default mapconfig 'bot kickall' , then they get re-add by a script. 'exec default_bots' .. a cfg file containing lots of 'bot addbot <put botname here>' lines.

But you can also make them say !resetmyxp instead of kicking them.

small server is maybe a good idea, for people with not as fast pc's. As there are less players they have surely better fps. But this also depends on map and skins.
If you make it smaller only for making it more popular, I think that will not work out. But a try is worth it.

I voted for 64slots, as I just like the chaos with the bots.. And your server will be probably be NQ + omnibot 0.71. And as b5 will choose another mod... lol.

Just choose a way you like and enjoy. B5 for example I did not care if it would be empty. If I join there are bots I can have fun with - that was my idea behind it. In the meantime there are lots of regulars on it enjoying the settings and the maps.

molotov77

molotov77

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
Imo max 40 slots for an ET server is enough.

I think the most important thing with an bot server to select the right maps which are working well with the bots.
Ofc many maps have omni-bot support but in real it working wrong the bots. They are stucked somewhere or simple do not the objective. (They do crazy things like on PariseBastille the whole allies team camped around the flag and one panza shot = ultrakill; or in marrakesh they always wanted use the tank after they own the town spawn)
So the maps on the server must be popular/knowed by the human players and must playable with omni-bots too.

for the humans the respawn time is also imprtant i think the 30 spec respawn in to long. Its crap when u must more spend more to waiting for the respawn than playing.

about xp save: dont forget the bots not only your enemy but your teammates too. Disabling the xp for the bots mean you will have very weak team support.
If the big xp is disturbing dont set the max xp to 100000 lower maybe to 30000. If u use the standar xp system of nq where u can reach with 540xp a full class, theoretical from 3800xp (7*540) dosent matter how many xp you have.

LightSabers knifes, lol, F2

all my imo

Edited by molotov77, 25 December 2008 - 02:50 AM.

AndiN

AndiN

• Bunker Admins
  • 315 posts
I do believe that most people don't like to connect to an empty server. On the other hand you can't convince people a server is popular with adding bots imo. After playing some maps and seeing noone else connects people might leave and never come back again.

The key to success from my point of view is to build a small group of people that like to play on B6 on a regular basis and come back every day. As soon as there are a couple of players having a good fight others might join in experiencing a good game and stay for some maps probably returning the other day.

You'd probably run a rather small server right now and add more slots when they are needed with first removing bots in favour of real players. While bots are not complaining watch the size of the maps in your rotation to keep players entertained and enjoy the game.

Wish you all the best to populate B6!

Cheers

Vic

SickOne

SickOne

Legend..Wait for It

• Old retired farts
  • 5,167 posts
There quite a few players out there who enjoys botmassfragging , me also . Voted for 60-64 slots , lots of botds and playerslots will sooner or later attract regulars who comes back to have some fun on the server . Big plus of a botserver is that theres nearly no arguin / fighting / whining / complaining ^^ attracts also some player

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
I've not cast a vote yet, because I have this one question.

will you be able to script it so that bots drop out as humans join in? If so then I do recomend a smaller setting that can double as a bot server to a fully human server. Another advantage of this will correct the rather rude issues we have on many bunker servers of folks popping off without saying a peep. Suddenly one team is short 3-5 players and it's not till it's blatantly obvious that there's a team imbalance.

So if you can manage that one small task then I recomend a smaller server limit. If not then larger as if you've only 6 spaces for humans that limits the players possible should it become popular.

gokusan1993

gokusan1993

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
I just don't like to play with bots..
They're too noobish. lol

peyote

peyote
QUOTE(gokusan1993 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:25 PM) View Post
They're too noobish. lol

Have you ever played against the 0.71 bots?

SickOne

SickOne

Legend..Wait for It

• Old retired farts
  • 5,167 posts
QUOTE(peyote @ Dec 26 2008, 03:01 PM) View Post
They're too noobish. lol

Have you ever played against the 0.71 bots?

Obviously not whistling.gif

gokusan1993

gokusan1993

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
I've already played against the B10 and B6 bots and I dun like them. :)

peyote

peyote
when ? :D

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
really depending on which map you play. If a omni-bot script is good written, the game could be very enjoyable. But ofc after 4-5 times u will where stay the bots :O so will be a bit easyier cheesy.gif

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
QUOTE(peyote @ Dec 25 2008, 02:23 AM) View Post
Make them say !resetmyxp ..

You need to search omnibot forum for 'resetmyp' , on b5 the bots xp gets currenlty reseted on each map, as they get kicked by the default mapconfig 'bot kickall' , then they get re-add by a script. 'exec default_bots' .. a cfg file containing lots of 'bot addbot <put botname here>' lines.

But you can also make them say !resetmyxp instead of kicking them.

I looked for !resetmyxp founded some topic, try'd but dosn't work at all or maybe it's just me... In one topic they say it should be in et_commands.gm and in the other one in autoexec.gm... Well i tried both, neither one of them works or it's just me ;)

Bron: http://www.omni-bot....650.0#post_8651 & http://www.omni-bot....855.0#post_4860 & http://www.omni-bot....8.10#post_10596

I also tried making that file, works fine... I see the bots gething kicked and rejoin however there xp is still the same.

QUOTE(AndiN @ Dec 25 2008, 03:53 AM) View Post
The key to success from my point of view is to build a small group of people that like to play on B6 on a regular basis and come back every day. As soon as there are a couple of players having a good fight others might join in experiencing a good game and stay for some maps probably returning the other day.

You'd probably run a rather small server right now and add more slots when they are needed with first removing bots in favour of real players.

True, there are some people that like B6 but not enough, not even enough to call a small group, lol.

QUOTE(TheDragon @ Dec 26 2008, 05:41 AM) View Post
will you be able to script it so that bots drop out as humans join in? If so then I do recomend a smaller setting that can double as a bot server to a fully human server. Another advantage of this will correct the rather rude issues we have on many bunker servers of folks popping off without saying a peep. Suddenly one team is short 3-5 players and it's not till it's blatantly obvious that there's a team imbalance.

So if you can manage that one small task then I recomend a smaller server limit. If not then larger as if you've only 6 spaces for humans that limits the players possible should it become popular.

A small group of bots are ALWAYS in the server 8 if i remember right, there are currently 16 bots. While 8 bots can disconnect and 8 can't. For the rest sorry can't follow, could you explain with other words? Thx

They're too noobish. lol

No one tells you to play where, remember that ;)

EDIT: also tested to put it in the first map of rotation, neither dind't work.

Edited by KILLERBEE, 26 December 2008 - 09:21 PM.

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
QUOTE(KILLERBEE @ Dec 26 2008, 09:57 PM) View Post
A small group of bots are ALWAYS in the server 8 if i remember right, there are currently 16 bots. While 8 bots can disconnect and 8 can't.

in the omni-bot.cfg file

[ServerManager]
MinBots = 0
MaxBots = 24
BalanceTeams = 1
SaveConfigChanges = 1
CountSpectators = 0

and all can disconnect if iam right

Edited by molotov77, 26 December 2008 - 09:09 PM.

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
QUOTE(molotov77 @ Dec 26 2008, 10:08 PM) View Post
QUOTE(KILLERBEE @ Dec 26 2008, 09:57 PM) View Post
A small group of bots are ALWAYS in the server 8 if i remember right, there are currently 16 bots. While 8 bots can disconnect and 8 can't.

in the omni-bot.cfg file

[ServerManager]
MinBots = 0
MaxBots = 24
BalanceTeams = 1
SaveConfigChanges = 1
CountSpectators = 0

and all can disconnect if iam right

I know, I changed that to what I sayed above, 8 stay 8 disconnects... That has been so since a month or so...

molotov77

molotov77

• Bunker Mapper
  • 314 posts
ah ok Boogieman.gif

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
gheywave.gif gheywave.gif

hahahahahhahahaha happy2.gif

The xp reset of the bots works now, i had a little bug.

The bug:
global OnBotJoin = function( bot )
{
bot.Command("!resetmyxp");
};

The fixed one:
global OnBotJoin = function( bot )
{
bot.ExecCommand("!resetmyxp");
};

As you can see i forgot "Exec", when you have the buggy one (1) the bots keep spamming "!resetmyxp". Which in the fixed one (2) the XP resets and dosn't spam.

The XP of the bots reset now evrytime the rotation restarts (fueldump is first map of rotation). If that' not enough I also can put auto reset on evry map or something like that.

I hope there are no bugs, in what i just put on... If so please let me know. And thanks pey for the start.

Ron

Ron

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 12 posts
Try and make B6 like B10 60+4 slots and place 20 bots (10 each side and if it is not too much for your server), that way if B10 is down we can go to B6 thumbsup.gif

peyote

peyote
nice killerbee !

shali

shali

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 133 posts
Voted for 24. Personally I think 20 would be the best, but since it's popular public server 24 suits it better.

I totally agree with you killerbee. The more players servers have, the more popular they seem to others thinking about connecting. It's all about the ratio. If there are 10 players/bots in 20 player server it's already half full. Sure you can say that if there are 30 players on 60 player server it's the same, But I think it works much better on smaller servers. I wouldn't like to join a game with 30 bots, but with 10 of them I would still concider ;). Also, less players = more diverse gameplay.