Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

Another suggestions topic for b6!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Click to view battle stats
Well this is another suggestions topic for b6 lol... I just got the feeling whatever I change in B6 it will stay empty which is if you think about it pretty logic... Why would people connect another ET server when they already got wonderfull b1, b2, b4, b5, b8 and b10... And I came to the idea not keeping b6 a ET server! Instead we should look into a new(er) generation of games.

Me and Koiranpentu had a long talk on xfire about b6 and the other servers and we both agree that trying to get new games into Bunker will help more then having 200 empty ET Bunker servers.

Koiranpentu likes to get a Counter Strike server with the 'surf' mod. However I think people here around Bunker are not in to play such game, not sure though. I like games such as Battlfield Heroes and Trackmania Nations Forever. Both free games, however Battlfield Heroes is yet to be released. I played the closed beta and this game kicks ass. It's not a serious shooter but is based on fun! Trackmania is a race game to get the best score on evry map.

Peyote also posted something about a San Andreas server, could also be verry funny! As far I know SAMP servers are really hard to create, but once your done and start playing the game you will be fired from your chair :P

Beforce I create a poll, give your input.. I really would go for one of those games. 2 of them are free and san andreas can be buyed for €10 at freerecord shop or whatever your store is called in your country ;)

EDIT: typos

Battlefield Heroes:
http://www.battlefie...se-announcement

Trackmania Nation Forever:

San Andreas Multi Player (Videos not trailer):

Counter strike Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=notcW9QlO1g

Edited by KILLERBEE, 25 February 2009 - 04:05 PM.

THEN00B

THEN00B

Exploring the area

• Founders
  • 1,280 posts
I'd suggest a new game, something popular, and something people here would want to play. I have no game suggestions though.

Herb

Herb

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 108 posts
Great Idea! I was wondering when the Bunker members would add another game to their arsenal. Anyways, I think Counterstrike Source is a great idea that is very popular. I would also suggest some CoD4 servers but CoD4 is a very expensive game and requires latest specs for ur comp. Other wise i think you guys are headed in the right direction!!=)

Herb

Herb

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 108 posts
Ive seen ur links for the games and heres my opinion.... I think Battlefield heroes is kinda ridiculous. Its not even and fps! It seems just like a basic "arrows and left mouse button" game. Im not to positive about the other games like track mania and GTA either. Ive never played a non fps game online and I would really play a racing game on the comp. This is just my opinion tho =)

djvidi

djvidi

News Reporter

• News Reporter
  • 1,932 posts
just make shure b6 doesnt eat all the cpu from the machine tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by djvidi, 26 February 2009 - 01:10 AM.

Koiranpentu

Koiranpentu

Puppy

• Bunker Members
  • 941 posts
QUOTE(Jay93 @ Feb 26 2009, 02:35 AM) View Post
I think Counterstrike Source is a great idea that is very popular.

Yeah, it's popular. I don't know is it a good or a bad thing. There are hundreds of CS:S servers already. If you want to make CS:S server - server where is players - you have have something better idea than normal CS:S server where ppl run and plant/defuse the bomb.

Maybe..
- surf maps + rpgmod + other cool stuff
- normal maps + rpgmod

But NEVER, never a normal CS:S server where ppl are just running and running to bomb.. There are too many that kind servers.

Trackmania is a cool game but there are too many servers already?
GTA:SAMP could be a nice idea but the game is kinda old already?
Battlefied Heroes? Never played so I can't say anything about it.

peyote

peyote
I would love to see either
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/
or
http://tremulous.net/

Natural Selection (NS) - I actually love that game.. reminds me I have to reinstall Half Life 1 .. - runs also good on low end hardware

Tremolous .. similar to ns, but free game runs good on low end hardware..

Herb

Herb

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 108 posts
I agree with Koiran, if a CS:S server is made then it must be different. BUt either way if enough people fill up the servers, we will atract new players. =) What about the game Day of Defeat : Source its a fps game pretty much like ET but with better graphics.. Youtube it plz.. I still stand by the fact that we should keep bunker gaming for shooters.

Herb

Herb

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 108 posts
Natural Selection ? Never herd of it but looks like a quality fps =)

QUOTE(peyote @ Feb 25 2009, 09:17 PM) View Post
I would love to see either
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/
or
http://tremulous.net/

Natural Selection (NS) - I actually love that game.. reminds me I have to reinstall Half Life 1 .. - runs also good on low end hardware

Tremolous .. similar to ns, but free game runs good on low end hardware..

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
My thoughts on the games so far:

Counter Strike:
Well, nice game to play once a year. Verry funny first 30 minutes ut after that gething verry boring.

CoD4:
Nice game played it a few times on my brothers computer (mine sucks to much for it :P), however expensive game, really needs good computer and not evrybody wants to buy such expensive things.

Natural Selection:
Never played it. But if I watch the demo it really dosn't look my style of game.

Tremolous:
Same as above ^

Day of Defeat:
I have this game on steam but it's even worse then counter strike, dunno why I just don't like it at all.

Trailers:

CoD4:

Natural Selection:

Tremolous (not sure if its an official trailer):

Day of Deafeat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BRYhg7MKec

QUOTE(djvidi @ Feb 26 2009, 02:09 AM) View Post
just make shure b6 doesnt eat all the cpu from the machine tongue.gif biggrin.gif

cheesy.gif

QUOTE(Koiranpentu @ Feb 26 2009, 02:16 AM) View Post
Trackmania is a cool game but there are too many servers already?
GTA:SAMP could be a nice idea but the game is kinda old already?
Battlefied Heroes? Never played so I can't say anything about it.

Trackmania has at least less (empty) servers then counter strike ;)
Yes GTA is already old but people still play it online like we do at wolfenstein ET.
I'm playing battlefield heroes and the game is so damn funny, free runs on almost evry computer, just hasnt been released yet only a beta, still working on it...

From Battlefield Heroes website:
#
What platform is Battlefield Heroes for?

Battlefield Heroes is currently being developed for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

What future updates might hold, who can tell...
#
What kind of computer do I need to run Battlefield Heroes?

We're currently aiming for a minimum requirement of:

* Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
* CPU: 1.0 GHz
* RAM: 512 Mb (1Gb on Windows Vista)
* Video Card: 64Mb DirectX compliant video card with at least pixel shader 2.0 support
* Hard Drive space: 1Gb of space is required to install the game
* Internet connection: 256kbit Cable/DSL connection

Keep in mind that this may change somewhat by the time we release Battlefield Heroes. Nevertheless we are aiming for wide availability; we don't think anyone should have a super computer to be able to play and have fun.

QUOTE(Jay93 @ Feb 26 2009, 03:32 AM) View Post
I still stand by the fact that we should keep bunker gaming for shooters.

We also have Openarena which is a race game (+ some shooting) (or is it just the mod that makes it a race game??)

peyote

peyote
its just the mod which makes it a racing game, yet that racing game is with weapons..

about bunker should stay with fps games..
have a look at the Balance link in top menu, this is a browser game from Bunker peoples.. soo...

Make a good server where people can enjoy there time, it doesnt matter if its a fps or a mmorpg or tictactoe ..
just that the people of the Bunker Community can have some fun..

So if its battle field heroes or Trackmania or Natural Selection does not matter...
The only thing which matters is, if the game is free and runs on old hardware + new ; it should get some bonus in your decision. As this will allow everyone from bunker to check it out.

SBelleG

SBelleG

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 236 posts
COD4! smile.gif b2.gif

SickOne

SickOne

Legend..Wait for It

• Old retired farts
  • 5,167 posts
My suggestion : Choose something and stay with it . with too many changes you wont get lots of peeps visiting the server reguarly .

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Ofcourse we always can check more games out then just one... I really would go for games that are free and playable on old and new computers... People don't want to buy a game for 60 euro and then also a new pc that cost I dunno how much euros... That's why i'm against such games as CoD4, counter strike and evrything that cost much....

That's why i'm so much for free games that run on much computers... Evrybody can check it out and noone has to buy anything, it's ALL free thumbsup.gif

Battlefield Heroes
Trackmania
Tremolous

All free !

I will try to set a trackmania server up at home ;)

MAYDAY

MAYDAY

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 300 posts
Hey killerbee! i have to be honest here! i used to love hanging out in b6 with the bots. Forget ET pro. thos damn thing would kill you dead in a sec if you stuck you head out for too long cheesy.gif am a bit disapointed that thing havent quite worked out the way you wanted them to. and i respect you for the work you put in to it. and if anyone is trying its you.

i loved it the way you had it the first time round. why?

1) it was a challenge, i bet even the best player on et will not last long with bots
2) the sound pack you had was funny as hell.
3) the map pool rotation was really good. (old classic maps)
4) good for new comers to learn obj
5) it was NQ mod ------ i love NQ.

QrimeTime

QrimeTime

• Members
  • 406 posts
Battlefield Heroes FTW!

I'm still waiting for my beta key.

The game isnt actually released yet, and nobody knows when itll be released, but EA is already handing out beta keys, and I wanna get 1 toooo ;)

djbo

djbo
Why not leave it as it is, give it time and organize fun stuff on it. Special events and advertise it. It takes time to populate a server, it not like its gonna happen overnight. And if you want to install another game then do as you like instead of hinting the 2 games you obviously want. All other proposals get shot down anyway so just install the game you want, trackmania is cool but also windowzzzzzz only.

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
QUOTE(MAYDAY @ Feb 26 2009, 07:40 PM) View Post
Hey killerbee! i have to be honest here! i used to love hanging out in b6 with the bots. Forget ET pro. thos damn thing would kill you dead in a sec if you stuck you head out for too long cheesy.gif am a bit disapointed that thing havent quite worked out the way you wanted them to. and i respect you for the work you put in to it. and if anyone is trying its you.

i loved it the way you had it the first time round. why?

1) it was a challenge, i bet even the best player on et will not last long with bots
2) the sound pack you had was funny as hell.
3) the map pool rotation was really good. (old classic maps)
4) good for new comers to learn obj
5) it was NQ mod ------ i love NQ.

The old NQ B6 is still on the machine, I can always put it back... But the problem is b4 copied to much from b6 and b6 copied to much from b4... It where almost the same servers... like a twins. Thx you for the kind words... Lets see what we can do about it.

QUOTE(djbo @ Feb 27 2009, 04:24 PM) View Post
Why not leave it as it is, give it time and organize fun stuff on it. Special events and advertise it. It takes time to populate a server, it not like its gonna happen overnight. And if you want to install another game then do as you like instead of hinting the 2 games you obviously want. All other proposals get shot down anyway so just install the game you want, trackmania is cool but also windowzzzzzz only.

Why I wanna change b6? Well there are enough reasons... Here are a few:
1.Most Bunker people play only on a few bunker servers (b1, b2, b4, b8 and/or b10...) and all the other servers they have never heard of...
2.Whenever I ask people to join the only response I get is: "Nope to empty" or "I don't like bots" or "I keep it with B#"...
3.People disconnect when they see they have to download such big mod (260mb or something...).
4. (when it still was NQ), people just won't connect... Why should they? They have b2 and b4...
I don't blame anything or anybody, i'm just saying how it is...

I don't shot down anything... See my list i posted beforce:
Battlefield Heroes
Trackmania
Tremolous

I like BF:H, I like Trackmania but I don't think I like Tremolous... But it's in the list because it's a freeeeeeeee game... I just say that CoD4 and such are bad ideas... Why? To expensive, much people don't wanna buy it result no one on Bunker plays it and then we have a useless server... It's that simple! Sorry if it's windows only but most games are windows only... Most people use windows... and if we have to check if a game runs on linux or not then forget about 99,5% of all the games that exist. Even if evrybody wants CoD4... Then I have to buy the game which is 60 euro then I have to buy a whole new computer... And then finally I can see b6 which i created... Sorry I want to keep my money in my pocket for now! One thing I do agree on is, which I dind't and could do is to organize fun stuff on it... emot_smile.gif

Just to all... I can sit here and do nothing usefull... or I can try to make b6 like YOU want it. Just keep in mind that I don't want to give all my money away on a game and pc to be eanble to create server for Bunker... That's why I like to stay with the free games... I remember wasting my 60 euro for ET:QW...

EDIT: forgot the "/" for the quote :P

Edited by KILLERBEE, 27 February 2009 - 04:34 PM.

Darkstar

Darkstar

• Bunker Members
  • 362 posts
Battlefield Heroes is Dice rank server only and sorry i cant answer anymore Q about battlefield heroes.
As beta tester am bind 2 my NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) contract and i cant say anyting about te closed beta.

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
I have been thinking... Maybe djeebs and sickone are right... I nees to make something and stay with it. I like B6 when it was NQ, some other people do aswell. If I would change back to NQ we need to stay with it... But people will say isn't 3 NQ servers alittle much? Maybe, but we can make B6 a small server like in the beginning when it was just 12 slots. People loved to play there, people come back... 12 slot is not much but what about 16-18 slots? There are enough people that love to play on a server with just a few slots...

I also need to find a small group of admins that enjoy B6. LOL i am the only active admin one there... I know some people that come sometime on B6... But I have no idea if they are ready to be an admin... Will make a little list soon and ask those people...

Trackmania should work at a slower internet connection verry well. Server is up and running... Start Trackmania, go to servers, go to netherlands then go to Noord-Brabant... There u will find a trackmania under the Bunker name...

EDIT: with "Trackmania should work at a slower internet connection verry well." i mean the server not your connection!

Edited by KILLERBEE, 28 February 2009 - 03:51 PM.