Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Click to view battle stats
Ok I just cannot get it fixed... Some people download news put it in etmain and it dosn't work while it works fine for me... I checked it and all files are the same. Same size, same name, same date created....

Also cannot get the problem fixed with hitsounds... Also works fine for me but not for all people. Both problems work for some people and for some not...

Maybe someone else has a idea how to fix this. I just don't have always the time+interest to fix this stuff... Why should I spent hours for those 2 (maybe 3) people that play on b6.... Who do I have to kill to get some peeps on b6?

soccerkill

soccerkill
i had this to u need to delete other News files and but the b6 in and then u can hear it emot_smile.gif

so incase for me i needed to delete bunker 1 newsfile and putted b6 newsfile in and it worked ;)

peyote

peyote
that is weird problem..

maybe you could try all soundpacks and increase

com_soundmegs

if you have enough ram..
you can see with
s_list

what all is loaded.. maybe that is the problem..

Excessum

Excessum

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Admins
  • 339 posts
We tried to fix this with KILLERBEE and the problem is in my news. So, the problem is that when I download the newspack its "WinRAR" -file, even though its named "B6news_20090310.pk3". When I open properties of that file, it says "WinRAR-archive" or something like that and it can be changed to work with other application.. but with which application should I run it? We tried to rename it, or unpack and pack it over again.. nothing.

My other newspack files say they're "PK3" file when I open the properties.. wierd. And the other newspacks(B1,B2) also says that they are runned with "Unknown application".

EDIT: I tried to download B1 news and when the download screen came out, it said that it gonna be "Packed (zip) file" while B6 news say immediatly that it gonna be "WinRAR archive" -file.

Edited by Excessum, 28 May 2009 - 11:36 PM.

peyote

peyote
pk3 is just a extension name..
actually the files are zip archives.

So you need to make a *.zip archive and rename it to *.pk3.

Rar archives do not work with et.

Edited by peyote, 29 May 2009 - 12:56 AM.

Excessum

Excessum

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Admins
  • 339 posts
Lol, how I manage to change that from winrar to zip? The file asks which application I want to use to run it.. so what will I choose? Should KILLERBEE change the file somehow because it's a winrar file instantly when I download it.. while other news are not.

peyote

peyote
Well to change a rar archive to a zip archive ..

You need programs which can handle rar and or zip.
-> Winrar

The extract the zip arhive with winrar, and make the a new zip archive.

But, http://bunker6.aaxxs...ws_20090310.pk3 is not a rar archive. It is in zip format, so there has to be some other error?

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
Kbee --> http://www.rarlab.com/
This is the ulr's Winrar emot_bigsmile.gif
whistling.gif

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
@BRASIL

I already use winrar....

@peyote

My com_soundmegs is at 24 (standard), /s_list dosn't show the news, but maybe because the list is to long...