- - - - -

Problems with B2, post it here

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
Post the problem you had on b2, and we will try to fix it.

5:30 CET server does usually restart btw.

Edited by peyote, 29 November 2012 - 10:02 AM.

• Defender likes this

nuescht

nuescht

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
Hi.

Somebody knows this failure message:

https://dl-web.dropb....png?w=72ee8634

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-26 um 23.16.04.png   72.06KB   17 downloads

??

What can I do?

Thx for helping me

Nuescht
  • Defender likes this

peyote

peyote
yes start the game with administrator rights, so that it can properly install the mod, once installed you don't need adminrights anymore until next release..

nuescht

nuescht

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 10 posts

yes start the game with administrator rights, so that it can properly install the mod, once installed you don't need adminrights anymore until next release..

but i have the admin rights on my mac... so .. dont know what youre meaning?!

Nuescht

peyote

peyote
well I have no idea, it works on my mac..
Do you have a ppc mac or a intel?
Maybe that makes a difference

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,065 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10
Hmm. thats strange. It wont download any files for it. Is there some place I can get the pk-3 files on the site. Running; Window XP

WoW...Disregard it finally loaded. I guess it did not like the map that was playing. I waited for another map to load and it was fine.

Edited by PATRIOT, 27 March 2011 - 01:36 AM.

EZFrag

EZFrag

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,750 posts
  • Server:Unselected
unpure server or something.

aFive

aFive

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 18 posts
I noticed yesterday the server crashes when darji is voted as nextmap.
Tried it a couple of times to be sure, and it only crashed with darji.

Koiranpentu

Koiranpentu

Puppy

• Bunker Members
  • 941 posts
  • Steam:koiranpentu
  • Tb:3252236
  • Discord:Koiranpentu
B2 seems to be down atm? Xfire says "Server is not responding to information query." and tb is showing players who were there several hours ago..?

Falkes

Falkes
  • Tb:30445
  • Discord:Falkes#6861
  • Server:Bunker #4

B2 seems to be down atm? Xfire says "Server is not responding to information query." and tb is showing players who were there several hours ago..?

is a issue with trackbase, same for sl

peyote

peyote

I noticed yesterday the server crashes when darji is voted as nextmap.
Tried it a couple of times to be sure, and it only crashed with darji.

fixed, ty for info

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145
1, There is a strange bug. If you are a soldier, and have an SMG as main weapon, when you walk over ANY other weapon, you will automatically pick it up and drop the SMG. There is no way to stop that happening. And if you walk over a different kind of SMG (Like you have mp40 and walk over a Tommy), as long as you move you get the two switched with every move.
If you are any other class, or a soldier but having any weapon other than an SMG, nothing strange will happen.

2, There are a few problem with bots, I don't know if those can be helped.
a, Medics NEVER heal, only revive, so you need to TK them for health.
b, Just like medics, Field ops never drop you ammo (Except a few packs after they did spawn)
c, They don't seem the know about line of fire. This means, they shoot anything that is between them and an enemy. If you are so unlucky to have a friendly bot behind you when he saws an enemy in front of you, he will simply headshot you until you die, then keep shooting at the enemy. They also TK each other the same way all the time.
d, They see through non-solid things. If you hide under the canvas of a truck, or behind a tree, they will still see and shoot you.
e, They occupy limited weapons. If they use rnade or panzer, the only way to get it is to put the bot spec (or disconnected).

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
I know how to fix your bots problem.

Remove all bots.

:)

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 720 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4

1, There is a strange bug. If you are a soldier, and have an SMG as main weapon, when you walk over ANY other weapon, you will automatically pick it up and drop the SMG. There is no way to stop that happening. And if you walk over a different kind of SMG (Like you have mp40 and walk over a Tommy), as long as you move you get the two switched with every move.
If you are any other class, or a soldier but having any weapon other than an SMG, nothing strange will happen.

Not so sure this help, but look what value u have in cfg for this cvar "seta cg_autoswitch "0" - 1 is activated and 0 is not active.

Viking

Viking

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Old retired farts
  • 445 posts
I don't know if it's only I that have this problem, but I can't connect to B2 - it gets stuck on downloading "oasis_eu_b2".

Would be nice if someone could confirm that he/she can connect successfully to B2 :)

EDIT: Looks like the same happens with the next map that I need to download - anything wrong with the http server on bunker2.aaxxss.com ?

PS! I'm on a crappy hotel-link here - could be this that is the real issue, but I can't check it myself...

Edited by Viking, 12 May 2011 - 08:26 PM.

peyote

peyote
I can see people online on b2, and I can download that file.
Either try clearing up your etmain - incase you have to many files in it, or delete any occorunces of oasis_eu_b2.pk3*

Viking

Viking

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Old retired farts
  • 445 posts
Thanks for the feedback Pey - Now I know that it's on my part :)

JeyAem

JeyAem

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 521 posts
cant u switch on some kind of autoshuffel/autoeven teams ? just played there.. me in one team + 2 bots against 3-4 players. everytime someone joined the second bot left and the new guy joined the team which had already more players.
since it was baserace my botmate was useless also.. he didnt even shoot on opponents he sees. basicly me vs 4 .. and the map would have gone like 7-8 mins more when i left.

since it seems some of the players are no able or not fair enough to even teams there should be a function which locks the bigger team and / or at least fill up the other one with bots. so they should dc when someone joins the team.. not the server.

no problem against a bigger number since i can handle the most players. but on such a map..no way.. we were some obj back when i joined and i couldnt really attack at any point since i was the only defender.

if its possible at all some maps should be taken out of the pool if there are to less players (biiggg maps).

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts

2, There are a few problem with bots, I don't know if those can be helped.
a, Medics NEVER heal, only revive, so you need to TK them for health.
b, Just like medics, Field ops never drop you ammo (Except a few packs after they did spawn)
c, They don't seem the know about line of fire. This means, they shoot anything that is between them and an enemy. If you are so unlucky to have a friendly bot behind you when he saws an enemy in front of you, he will simply headshot you until you die, then keep shooting at the enemy. They also TK each other the same way all the time.
d, They see through non-solid things. If you hide under the canvas of a truck, or behind a tree, they will still see and shoot you.
e, They occupy limited weapons. If they use rnade or panzer, the only way to get it is to put the bot spec (or disconnected).

1 that should get posted on silent forum as it needs to be addressed.
2.a,b,e - bot issues (possibly the bot scripts)
2.c,d - Part of the bot handicap, they see all and will shoot all that they can see. Sadly they are still a pathetic adversary unless they are stacked 5:1 agaist the humans (If you haven't noticed this has been true with all bots on all mods) I also have learned to try to not be between the bots and the enemy, just off to the side if possible, and to move quickly if I start getting shot in the back (but then I tend to move quickly whenever taking fire) I also find it humorous that some folks still toss smoke like it'll affect the bots aim. LOL

Also NOTE not all maps have working bot scripts. Some (like Pirates and Tounine_B1 have no script (they just stand in the spawns) others have older or bugged scripts (Alcatraz for example all bots shoot the VIP) We need to work out a list of maps where the bots either don't work or are bugged and fix the bugged (if possible) and just don't vote the non bot maps when less than 6 players.

Edited by TheDragon, 14 May 2011 - 05:31 PM.

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
Sadly with the newest update (colorful additions) I'm getting almost continual lag with spikes of bad lag (as before it was mostly good with spikes of bad lag) So let me know when server changes/updates as its unplayable for me at the moment.