Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

First info new B6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Click to view battle stats
On 30 june B6 is going to be shut down along with a few other servers... The name Bunker 6 isn't going to disappear, however the idea of the current B6 isn't going to continue...

I will host the new B6 at my home, my connection sucks, I can't lie about it... But I don't care my plan is to create a nonsene server, away from all the serious gaming, a place where acting insane is normal... Just fun, fun and fun, why should a insane server have a great connection? Created for all the people out there that have no sense (like me, don't we love it :icon_mrgreen: )

So what can you expect from the new server? : crazy settings, crazy maps, fun small nonsense maps, 2vs2 (and such) frag maps, headshot maps, small duel maps... and you just name it.

I remember way back in the old b6 I and some people (anton and klaus?) had fun, playing the et_headshot map :D that's where I got the idea from.

All the levels people have earned on the old server will NOT be lost, you continue with your levels, just on whole other B6.

Server will run NQ with maybe 14 slots or something like that.

Server is currently locked, but will be unlocked on June 23, on that day the old B6 will redirect you to the new B6.

If you already want to check it out, sent me a PM... But only sent me a PM if you want to test stuff to check if it's bad for the server or not. But I must say server isn't finsished yet, however it's already done for a big part.

Posted Image

keisko

keisko

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,407 posts
Let me know your Internet Upload Speed..

Btw, do you know how to serve a hosting/gaming computer in home ? You must get a good cooling system for it, it must be stay active 24/7 .. You must install Centos or any other linux system.. In this case, you need a secondary computer..

I dunno what do you know about Hosting in home but it isn't easy as you thing..

SickOne

SickOne

Legend..Wait for It

• Old retired farts
  • 5,167 posts
He already did hosted Et and Trackmania server at home Keisko , dont worry ;)

keisko

keisko

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,407 posts

He already did hosted Et and Trackmania server at home Keisko , dont worry ;)

Sounds good.. tbh hosting a server at home just pain of ass :P I did this aprx. 4 years and now I bought a decided linux server.. I pay 100$ per month and its better, I dont worry anything about hosting anymore :)

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
whoops forget to reply to this,

I just run a small PC, that is extra cheap with electricity.

---
30WATT PSU.
Intel D201GLY Mini-ITX (Mainboard and CPU=Celeron 1,33GHz).
512 MB RAM, 533MHz.
120GB Maxtor HDD.
---

1 Kbit upload. Like i sayd it sucks :P, but we might switch to another company in a few months, this one is gething to expenseive and the other one is cheaper with better upload and download. Then the upload will be 3Kbit.

Machine runs windows, is online 24/7. I don't have interest learning linux, why would i? When ET works fine on windows :P

EDIT:

Remember the old B6 will get a password on june 23 and will redirect to the new b6. New B6 will ofcourse be unlocked on june 23.

Edited by KILLERBEE, 20 June 2010 - 02:23 PM.

Koiranpentu

Koiranpentu

Puppy

• Bunker Members
  • 941 posts

1 Kbit upload.

Then the upload will be 3Kbit.

You mean MB?

Edited by Koiranpentu, 20 June 2010 - 08:51 PM.

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts

1 Kbit upload.

Then the upload will be 3Kbit.

You mean MB?

oops, yes i mean that.