Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Click to view battle stats
Hi,

I have my favourite server in favourites, switch on one of the B games by Splatterladder, and try and play as well as can be with my own ability!

Isn't it a little unfair, for the clever/risk taking ones, to adjust their scripts so that they have as much advantage as they can obtain from this? I know this will be most apparent to new people, and to those (like me) who have limited ability mentally, speed of reactions, and ability to handle situations like extreme warfare -in gaming heated situations?

It took me years to try objectives, learn some maps, and, all I have is my basic speed of reactions naturally, and limited mental ability.

I've questioned some very good players over the years now and again, and am sure it was/is mainly due to being frustrated at my own limited abilty. But when I hear about things like hacking and script changing and whatever else, I feel that, ways of gaining advantage over other people in life (i.e. not in real sport - with variations in fitness, and legal tactics), and real warfare etc. is a form of cheating.

To those who have not adjusted anything other than the few default settings available within ET main menu, it is good that if your fast enough and clever enough to beat the adjusters above, etc. well done!

Regards.

Edited by Defender, 29 October 2010 - 01:11 PM.

• xXxAlvoxXx and Red like this

JeyAem

JeyAem

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2

Hi,

I have my favourite server in favourites, switch on one of the B games by Splatterladder, and try and play as well as can be with my own ability!

Isn't it a little unfair, for the clever/risk taking ones, to adjust their scripts so that they have as much advantage as they can obtain from this? I know this will be most apparent to new people, and to those (like me) who have limited ability mentally, speed of reactions, and ability to handle situations like extreme warfare -in gaming heated situations?

It took me years to try objectives, learn some maps, and, all I have is my basic speed of reactions naturally, and limited mental ability.

I've questioned some very good players over the years now and again, and am sure it was/is mainly due to being frustrated at my own limited abilty. But when I hear about things like hacking and script changing and whatever else, I feel that, ways of gaining advantage over other people in life (i.e. not in real sport - with variations in fitness, and legal tactics), and real warfare etc. is a form of cheating.

To those who have not adjusted anything other than the few default settings available within ET main menu, it is good that if your fast enough and clever enough to beat the adjusters above, etc. well done!

Regards.

to me its just needed for matches ( u cant tell ur team u lost this one cause u didnt had a selfkillbind or stuff like that ) for public its not really needed but why not.. i mean most of the stuff high has in his cfg is just for playing around.
the only really usefull binds/scripts are 180° turn script ( which i dislike), selfkill , enemy spawntimer, and spawnpoint binder.. maybe classchange script. i would say on public.. mostly spawnpoint bind ( when u know the points on aqll this custom maps) , spawntimer ( same with the st) and 180° script are usefull. tj scripts are nice but not really usefull on a doublejump server.

modifying ure cfg after ur likes is not really and unfair thing, maybe some stuff helps u for a better view but since in et, first shot doesnt mean kill its no problem to handle that.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Hi JayAem,

Well, I won't say --- exactly, far from it. My point is, for example, do we think that it is right that some people have settings so that they can actually see through explosions> this is just one of absolutely many examples with which I can give. But I will not labour this.

Edited by Defender, 29 October 2010 - 04:29 PM.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
After all, I've learnt over the years with conversations and forum reading that, some of the biggest advantages of quick and and accurate aiming and hitting (headshots) is:- a combination (powerfully) of a more expensive very high speed internet - ping - (combined with being close to the actual server location), and, very good quick hand/eye coordination (+clever objective anticipation and trying).

Regards.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
The below is taken from:- http://bunkerwiki.aa...hp/Bunker_Rules

Scripts and Codes
Scripts that may alter game play to give the user a distinct advantage over other players are prohibited. These scripts for example, may include anti-recoil scripts and mortar scripts. Persons using these scripts should be handled as a common offense (!warn, !kick, !ban) and not a hacking offense (immediate permanent ban).
Only admins with access to rcon and other resources should be determining if a player is using a prohibited script as this cannot be proven without access to these resources.

UndeadWarrior

UndeadWarrior

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,401 posts
well my texture are as low or lower then highbrids for the simple fact, it allows me to play more and longer on a server :)

my laptop simply cant handle it otherwise

and anti-recoil scripts or mortarscripts are something completely different then that lol

peyote

peyote

It is not an unfair advantage, you can get the same results. Some scripts though allow for an unfair advantage, those are prohibited. (And mostly impossible to use nowadays due to modders having fixed these flaws.)
There are various flavours of scripts, you could for example have a script which changes crosshair depending on weapon in hand.

Hawk109

Hawk109

• Old retired farts
  • 2,342 posts

It is not an unfair advantage, you can get the same results. Some scripts though allow for an unfair advantage, those are prohibited. (And mostly impossible to use nowadays due to modders having fixed these flaws.)
There are various flavours of scripts, you could for example have a script which changes crosshair depending on weapon in hand.

thx Pey for stepping in I was about to write some not so clever :-).

pumperjp

pumperjp

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 583 posts

"It is not an unfair advantage, you can get the same results." Help us out Pey. How can we get the same results? 100 kills and 3 deaths, please. Some are more knowledgeable in programing then others." (And mostly impossible to use nowadays due to modders having fixed these flaws.)"BS. Lots of players are just absolutely unbelievable. 30 to 40 percent accuracy with a SMG. Like felix said 30% of bunker would have to be banned. I could probably name the 30% . You even told me that it depends on how much money you want to spend. How can you check scripts, if allowed or not. Only recon can supposedly. How many have recon? How many take the bother? Better yet is the fox guarding the hen house? I'm with you defender.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
  • Steam:captn3
  • Server:Bunker #1
well i too once felt the same way u do ..

i have my limitations to my explanation...i do feel some scripts should only be used in etpro scrimming...

like 180 turn script or straf script or thing like that..cuz they do and will give u a unfar advantage over some one who has to turn there wrist to shot u....

there is most defiantly a advantage to a good cfg compared to a stock one ..[dont kid ur self peyote]

game will perform better hence u can play better ,now on to things like seeing thru a arty strike ...i can se e thru em cuz i cant see em at all..only the black spot it produces due to fire.it is a setting in ur et options anyone can change this setting with ez,

now on to my limitation to explanation.it isnt my fault or any other persons fault u didnt take the time to learn the whole game modifiying a cfg is part of et hence u better learn it doit or get ur ass handed to u...simply put..sorry if it make u mad...now me and highbrid and alot of other b members can and will help u ..but first off u shouldnt be playing et on a shitty lapy any how...unless u paid over 2k for ur lappy and then its iffy u should only use it for web surfing and small things....things there made for....and gaming isnt one of em!

now my self i only modify the thing s i dont like about the game like bobup bobpitch bobroll blinktime blodsplatter and all the blood stuff no sun stuff like this i think is ok too modify cuz its not really a big advantage its more of a view....and u based et as real war far not a good idea its not like real warfare at all other than guns its just a great game.and should be played this way also remember no matter what u do some one will still hand u ur ass from time too time.

just have fun playing if ur not having fun play something else or ask how to make ur game play more fun..

nothing u do to ur pc or ur cfg will make u great at et u gotta just be great at et..kinda matters were u play who u play against and how serious u take the game...

now i could write a book on this but i wont ...let the flaming begin and plz defender dont hesitate to ask me or some one.for advice u might not like it but ill give u the truth hook me up with ur guys chat server and ill chat up with u on et ive played it 7 yrs scrimmed over 400 times...and awas a coo leader of a et clan and was a leader of a scrim team ...but oh yeah felix still thinks i dont know shit....i love this community and hope u all will be here for many yrs..ask me ill tell yea .peace

peyote

peyote

"It is not an unfair advantage, you can get the same results." Help us out Pey. How can we get the same results? 100 kills and 3 deaths, please. Some are more knowledgeable in programing then others." (And mostly impossible to use nowadays due to modders having fixed these flaws.)"BS. Lots of players are just absolutely unbelievable. 30 to 40 percent accuracy with a SMG. Like felix said 30% of bunker would have to be banned. I could probably name the 30% . You even told me that it depends on how much money you want to spend. How can you check scripts, if allowed or not. Only recon can supposedly. How many have recon? How many take the bother? Better yet is the fox guarding the hen house? I'm with you defender.

One thing is the tools you have the other the skill you do use them with.

I will probably never reach that skill you can see from various players in the movie above.

One thing if players do use scripts which are not allowed or cheat. The other is players which use legal scripts. If there is 30% or not exploiting stuff - dunno either, I hope not.

Edited by peyote, 30 October 2010 - 12:06 AM.

Felix

Felix

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Members
  • 4,224 posts
180° turning scripts are not allowed in etpro scrims anymore cause they definately give a huge advantage
i personally dont see how a "moving" scripts can influence someone or would look like, i tested 420s some months ago for several weeks and i didnt notice any difference

most tweaks that can give you a slight advantage can be easily done by the game menu and there options and mod options - it just might take some tries to find a nice setup for yourself

Hawk109

Hawk109

• Old retired farts
  • 2,342 posts

Pumper

when home and before I jump to NQ I always play 1 hour etpro fragserver were intensity is much higher then on ours and skill somewhat is higher then mine. Why ? I belive this is one way to get better and get higher low end of my game. Instead of focusing on the better players I have tried to get more skill in this game myself by training. Most good players have incredably high game intuition and then stability in aim. I have choosen some standard settings for mouse sense, crosshair and brigtness (I want high contrast as for example) etc. And as Felix said mOst you can do through menu but different maps and different gameplay need adpations so I have several setups depending the latter. This reardless I I never really focus when playing Bunkerservers except when one on one rest is bansai play

Edited by Hawk109, 30 October 2010 - 09:17 AM.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Hi,

Thanks for those enthusiastic replies, appreciate.

I suppose there's two main points still (unable to be sorted easily, I guess). To make it a level playing field it would, in an ideal gaming world, be as equal as possible in settings from one person to the next. But that would be impossible to manage? And, yes there's different playing skills from the start. But if you look at new (or limited ability) persons, they will be amazed at how fast some of the players are - unless they practice and be patient with themselves and the gameplay, read up about script changing - perhaps taking the risk with them - but that may well be beyond them. Certainly for me, I'm just a mere simple person, and only had my first computer/internet use when I was 37 (46 now).

Regards.

Edited by Defender, 30 October 2010 - 09:12 AM.

djbo

djbo
Need to check all my scripts and binds... think they all end with /kill or do ppl really shoot me that often?

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,072 posts
Alot of this is begining to smell like HighBrid's case. :Up_to_something: Scripts, tweaks etc. :icon_riflegrenade:

pumperjp

pumperjp

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 583 posts

Need to check all my scripts and binds... think they all end with /kill or do ppl really shoot me that often?

I was wondering why every time I push the move forward button I die, :cheers: rofl

Highbrid

Highbrid

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 562 posts
There is a common misconception about scripts because of the simple fact that when someone is playing very well an uninformed individual always say's he is using scripts, yet the player saying this has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. The word just keeps getting ignorantly passed along to make up for someone not being able to understand how a player can play that way in till the word itself takes on a hole new meaning. In this case "scripting" has taken on the same meaning as cheating to most.

The majority of scripts that give any unfair advantages of been already modded out of the game. The few that are left don't even work in most mods such as anti recoil scripts or packet toggling.

Alot of this is begining to smell like HighBrid's case. :Up_to_something: Scripts, tweaks etc. :icon_riflegrenade:

I'm sorry to use you as an example but this is my point exactly. I'm 100% sure your tying my name in with using something unfair when you actually have no idea what anything in my cfg actually means.

Let me use another example (Sorry again but I have to put this into context). EZFrag uses a 180 script. With the push of a button he can turn around to frag anybody that might be trying to sneak up on him. This script is even banned from competition because of the advantage it gives you yet nobody complains. If I were to use the same script I'm sure that exact same day their would be a topic about it giving me an unfair advantage.

You can sit here and make assumptions all day long... but if you were to actually do your research you'd find that at the end of the day the player's game knowledge, coordination, and dedication to the game is what's really responsible for his shots.

Edited by Highbrid, 30 October 2010 - 09:24 PM.

Highbrid

Highbrid

Postin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • 562 posts

Well, I won't say --- exactly, far from it. My point is, for example, do we think that it is right that some people have settings so that they can actually see through explosions> this is just one of absolutely many examples with which I can give. But I will not labour this.[/size]

Take a look at this link > http://img695.images...3/settingsk.jpg < The setting your describing along with most your most likely thinking of are in the ESC menu options. They were put in there by the game developers to improve the performance of the game so you can hold steady fps. I'll give a little explanation to what these pictured settings do.

Ejecting brass: The cartridges expelled from your weapon.
Low Quality Sky :Makes the sky black.
Corona Distance: Glare around lights.
Particles: Explosions
Atmospheric Effects: Rain / snow
Wall Mark Lifetime: Bullet holes on the walls.
Blood flash $ Blood Splatter: Red blood that covers your screen when getting shot.

How can we get the same results? 100 kills and 3 deaths, please.

This is done with a combination of using your weapon correctly, map knowledge, player movement knowledge, and last but not least.. camping ;)

Some are more knowledgeable in programing then others." (And mostly impossible to use nowadays due to modders having fixed these flaws.)"BS. Lots of players are just absolutely unbelievable. 30 to 40 percent accuracy with a SMG.

30 to 40 percent accuracy is low for a good shot. 45 - 55 is the usually accuracy amongst highly skilled shooters.

Accuracy isn't script / cfg dependent. It's based on mouse control with the right settings for you, movement knowledge (speed you have to move your mouse to track players at different distances), and map knowledge (knowing where players will be coming from, going to, direction of movement etc so you can have your cross hair where it needs to be at all times. This causes you to get the first shot off and have less mouse movement to get it to the target)

If you want to get me going on aiming I can talk about what mouse shape/size is right for what sensitivity, what pad is right for that sensitivity, how to rest your arm / hand on your desk, sitting up right or leaned back in your chair, etc etc. One thing you will never hear me mention when talking aiming is scripts.

UndeadWarrior

UndeadWarrior

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,401 posts
i only get 40 procent acc or more when i use my precious sten :P

it aims almost automatically
its like someone else shoots
I have practiced a long time with it so i can use it properly and pretty decent!