36 replies to this topic

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,072 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Click to view battle stats
Friday evening there was some discussion on |>B<|-1 chat about some people possibly using some type of an Auto Script that would allow them to push people automatically as they got close to them. I for one have not heard of such a script, however some |>B<| Members were familiar with such a script.
The following is taken from the Bunker Rules referencing scripts;Posted Image Scripts that may alter game play to give the user a distinct advantage over other players are prohibited. These scripts for example, may include anti-recoil scripts and mortar scripts. Persons using these scripts should be handled as a common offense (!warn, !kick, !ban) and not a hacking offense (immediate permanent ban).

Posted Image For anyone possibly using such a script, I believe this rules stands on it's merit.

xXxAlvoxXx

xXxAlvoxXx
  • Server:Bunker #1
I could notice a regular using it today...

Is a script that pushes at same time as he shoots...

As far as I know it isn't allowed. Is treated as same as antirecoil scripts.

I will ask other fellow admins their opinion about this.

Edited by xXxAlvoxXx, 27 November 2010 - 07:13 AM.

pumperjp

pumperjp

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 583 posts
Anti-recoil scripts, mortar scripts and a shit can of others wouldn't be a problem if PB was turned on. Then again, people would lag. So they say. So you have to chose, what is more important, lag or advantage scripts. B1 and B4 have chosen. No need to bitch about it. That is the way it is. The AF has it all under control Pat. The fox is guarding the hen house. What is your take Pey? Game on. Ha.

Edited by pumperjp, 27 November 2010 - 05:47 AM.

Wolverine

Wolverine

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,511 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Maybe start with the sniper scripts that nobody ever seems to enforce and most players seem to use. That in my opinion alters the game much more than a pushing script that only prevents players being stabbed head-on but not from behind. As far as a game goes on certain maps where there is little cover snipers can claim 60+ kills using no-recoil scripts....How much advantage does the pushing script give you in comparison?

PROWND

PROWND

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 803 posts
I bet someone heard me talking bout that idea the other day

was talking bout this to a few people as a temporary protection to poisoners you could toggle on or off

I use push more or as much as anyone in my firefights etc

UndeadWarrior

UndeadWarrior

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,401 posts

Maybe start with the sniper scripts that nobody ever seems to enforce and most players seem to use. That in my opinion alters the game much more than a pushing script that only prevents players being stabbed head-on but not from behind. As far as a game goes on certain maps where there is little cover snipers can claim 60+ kills using no-recoil scripts....How much advantage does the pushing script give you in comparison?

on current settings on most servers there is even no need for an anti-recoil script to be able to shoot 2-3 times at someone.
Just scroll back and forth (with sniper that would be)

Edited by UndeadWarrior, 27 November 2010 - 11:22 AM.

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,032 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
i learned through time how much i have to move my mouse downwards to be on target again :) (with sniper)

no auto-scripts allowed in my eyes as they give advantage over other players and especially newbies.

Edited by solewu, 27 November 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Hi,

I agree solewu, but it's a situation - for some people of - fit and forget (out of sight, out of mind).

I got slightly irritated last night, even started using my full |>B<| id, I texted a few comments about what I read going on, so sorry if you caught some of my annoyances at seeing some others discuss by text chat the issue.

Edited by Defender, 27 November 2010 - 12:51 PM.

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
I agree this stuff shouldn't be allowed. Not sure how to prove any of it though. For auto-pushing, I don't think I believe any accusations unless they're coming from someone who uses push a lot in battle. (hmm.. who would that be..) So what counts as proof? If someone has a button that toggles it on and off, it's going to be tough. If you suspect someone, maybe turn PB on and ask him to do it again?

People like to accuse you of an anti-recoil script if you just get two sniper headshots in a row (or sometimes not even headshots). Sometimes it happens. So I tend to assume most accusations without some really solid proof is false.

As long as I can still kill the guy, whatever tweaks he's using doesn't really bother me too much.

peyote

peyote
*automatic push* would be clearly disallowed.

Making your binds more complex and send a push while clicking for shooting.. I do not see their a major problem. One would still need to click it repeatedly.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
I tried to kill the same person, on a number of occasions, and each and every time I tried to kill that gaming person, I felt pushed to the side or away from that person. Or was it in my imagination...

Edited by Defender, 29 November 2010 - 12:09 AM.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
The very fact that there is an issue here, should be addressed.

Edited by Defender, 29 November 2010 - 12:20 AM.

pumperjp

pumperjp

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 583 posts

*automatic push* would be clearly disallowed.

Making your binds more complex and send a push while clicking for shooting.. I do not see their a major problem. One would still need to click it repeatedly.

Anti-recoil scripts, mortar scripts, automatic push, and a host of other advantage settings would be undetectable unless the server was streaming to PB. PB would pick it up and boot the player wouldn't it? For an admin to know if advantage scripts are being used, wouldn't he have to have rcon to check server? How many have recon? How many would even bother to check? PB is not perfect by far. I have said it before, it is like a lock on a locker, it only keeps honest people honest, Lag, humbug, lots of things cause lag. Alcohol will cause lag. Bunker servers have streamed to PB for years, all of a sudden it is causing lag. So I guess the bottom line is, if we don't want PB streaming, then don't worry about advantage scripts.
  • xXxAlvoxXx likes this

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Very well said!

I like the bit about alcohol! I notice my screen going a bit funny after a few. :wine:

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,072 posts
I am not sure buut I don't beleive PB can detect a script ike tis. Posted Image

suckafool

suckafool

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Admins
  • 4,079 posts
  • Xfire:suckafool
  • Tb:47965
Server automatically checks and logs usercvars.I'm not sure if PB must be enabled though.Maybe we can enable it manually and let rcon holders or perhaps even high admins the option of issuing !cvaruser when necessary.

Scripts in general,including the ones mentioned here won't get picked up by PB.The only way is to verify usercvars via logs.Now unless someone provides the AF with suspected users of such scripts not much can be done.Going through logs takes time which is why it's important to Include userinfo or a schreenshot/condump of the person.The other important aspect of strictly controlling all these scripts properly would require a lot of work from our Root admins.
Don't forget about all the assumptions,accusations and drama that would come out of this as well.Pm's would be sent then probably forwarded to a root admin who in turn needs to go through logs and then potentially cross-reference the users cvars in order to find out what the different types of cvars/settings signify.That alone can be a little complex being that the scripts are often complex.I bet a huge majority can't decipher and/or accurately explain format,let alone the meaning of most scripts.Some are common,while others can be hard to figure out unless you do a search which doesn't always mean you find what your looking for.That can require a lot more work.

Wolverine brings a valid point.
Maybe Bunker needs to decide once and for all to either enforce our current rules or change them.The fact that scripts are very common and used by many only makes this an uphill battle.
Personally I'd accept all scripts unless they clearly fall into a Cheat/hack category.

Edited by suckafool, 29 November 2010 - 01:50 PM.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
  • Steam:captn3
OK TO CLEAR THIS UP !!!!

I AM ONE WHO IS ACCUSED OF MAKING MY OWN BINDED SCRIPT FOR PUSH!

I HAVE been accused of this so much on any server i go too it makes me sick!!!

hello the f key is auto binded as a script too f key that is what i use f key if u dont believe me then ur none the wiser . all u people who want to know about binds and scripts the whole fnnn et game is made from simple binds and scripts duh.

if u still dont believe me red has my etconfig .. ask him to show u it.or i can pm i too u it will say f key push just like everyone elses.i also lean when im in fire fight ....is that ok too do .. or do u guys just want me to let u kill me...lollololollolol

if i cheated at et i would personally kick my self in my own nuts goes against everything i stand for....heres every name i ever used in et go check see anywhere if i i ever have cheated ...

riflemanor

|X|Manor

ANArchY_99__

|CEB|AnArchY

|150th|CEB_ANArchY

CapTain America
*XxCapTain AMericAxX*

*CapTN*

(E)*CapTn*

and last off if i want to modifiy my cfg so i can dl faster more stable connection and sync video its ok everyone with half a pc brain does it..

thx have nice day! only key i have set to bind myself is k kill.

pb has to bee on for that suca ...

and no one would bind push ny how its right next too d already..bottom line u can shut push off on server ...

any one buying anything that inhanses there ability to play a pc game better should be kicked too prownds 90 dollar mouse with his 13 keys on it that are all bined scripts lol.....hes cheating lololololl.

Edited by *CapTn*, 29 November 2010 - 11:57 PM.

• Bill likes this

suckafool

suckafool

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Admins
  • 4,079 posts
  • Xfire:suckafool
  • Tb:47965
That's not cheating in anyway.The tools are there for everyone to use.Some decide to take the time to learn stuff that might give them an edge but ultimately it ain't cheating.

There are so many ways to tweak your system some as basic as disabling certain default settings which ultimately gives you advantages against the people that don't know.Bottom line we can control a certain amount of scripting by forcing server side cvars that would ultimately kick a player who is outside of the range.

I don't see how we can enforce scripts that are not considered hacks as per anti-cheating sites and that are there for anyone to use,which basically makes it fair game for all.

If an auto-push script was to be disallowed then where do we draw the line and how do we go about monitoring everyone's potential scripts.

I've been using a 180% bind for some time and I'm sure many others do as well and it's never been an issue.I think there's no difference between them same category as an auto-push script.

Here are my three so called "scripts".
1) bind "1" "com_maxfps 50; wait 2; cl_yawspeed 1600; +left; wait 10; -left; com_maxfps 125"
//
2) //***TOGGLES***
set AT2 "-attack; -sprint"
set AT1 "+attack; +sprint"
bind MOUSE1 "+vstr AT1 AT2"
//
3) //***Lean FOV Toggle***
set lright "+leanright; set cg_fov 115
set rnormal "-leanright; set cg_fov 95
set lleft "+leanleft; set cg_fov 115
set lnormal "-leanleft; set cg_fov 95

Tell me what you think about the examples below
" Clip toggler"

bind 1 "weaponbank 1;vstr clear"
bind 2 "weaponbank 2;vstr clear"
bind 3 "weaponbank 3;vstr text1"
bind 4 "weaponbank 4;vstr clear"
bind 5 "weaponbank 5;vstr clear"
bind 6 "weaponbank 6;vstr clear"
bind 7 "weaponbank 7;vstr clear"

set clip2 "vstr bind1;vstr text2;set setclip vstr clip3"
set clip3 "vstr bind2;vstr text3;set setclip vstr clip4"
set clip4 "vstr bind3;vstr text4;set setclip vstr clip2"
set setclip "vstr clip2"
bind "F5" "vstr setclip"

set bind1 "bind mouse1 "vstr attack1""
set bind2 "bind mouse1 "vstr attack2""
set bind3 "bind mouse1 "+vstr attack3 attack4""

set attack1 "+attack;wait 100;-attack"
set attack2 "+attack;wait 140;-attack"
set attack3 "+attack"
set attack4 "-attack"

set text1 "bind "F5" "vstr setclip";echo "^7F5 for changing clip""
set text2 "echo "^1Firing 3 bullets""
set text3 "echo "^1Firing 5 bullets""
set text4 "echo "^1Firing full clip""

set clear "unbind F5;bind mouse1 "+vstr attack3 attack4"

"Fov Fixed-Shooting"
//
// m_pitch fixed shooting script
// Binded key
bind mouse1 "+vstr fovOn fovOff"
// Settings
// far range fov
set fov1 "set cg_fov 90"
// normal range fov
set fov2 "set cg_fov 110"
// Script
set fovOn "+attack; vstr fov1"
set fovOff "-attack; -attack; vstr fov2"

// "m_pitch fixed shooting script"

// Binded key
bind mouse1 "+vstr mplow mphigh"

// Settings
// low sens m_pitch
set mpitch1 "m_pitch 0.0151"
// normal sens m_pitch
set mpitch2 "m_pitch 0.180"

// Script
set mplow "+attack; vstr mpitch1"
set mphigh "-attack; -attack; vstr mpitch2"

//Clear screen when shooting

set clearfire1 "cg_draw2d=0; +attack"
set clearfire2 "cg_draw2d=1; -attack"
bind mouse1 +vstr clearfire1 clearfire2

//Shoot Script
set shooton "+sprint; +attack; seta sensitivity 2.0; set vstr shootoff"
set shootoff "-sprint; -attack; seta sensitivity 7.0; set vstr shooton"
bind MOUSE1 "+vstr shooton shootoff"

//Crouch Toggle
set crouch "+movedown; set nextcrouchtoggle vstr stand"
set stand "-movedown; set nextcrouchtoggle vstr crouch"
set nextcrouchtoggle "vstr crouch"
bind c "vstr nextcrouchtoggle"

//View Script
set viewon "cg_fov 120;"
set viewoff "cg_fov 90;"
bind h "+vstr viewon viewoff"

How about;
http://www.enemy-ter...et/scripts.html

We should focus on Sniper Recoil and Rapid Akimbo scripts before worrying about the 10 000 other types of scripts.

djbo

djbo
We shouldn't make to much of a deal of it, the no script policy came here cause we are a n00b friendly server, it was meant to limit things a bit like the sniper script etc that would give ppl a unfair advantage over the n00bs like me who have no clue about scripting. Back then you could see ppl sniping as they where using a mp40. That was a clear advantage. I personlly don't see anything wrong with a pushing script evenmore so cause NQ allows you to bind for instance kicking to a key as a standard feature. I do however think you have look at the script itself. I mean some scripts have a definite impact on the game, others don't. Question is where to draw the line. Field of vision for example can be limited by the server, go above the setting and you'll get an autokick.
Food for thought I would say, but not to be exaggerated.

Edited by djbo, 30 November 2010 - 08:54 AM.

UndeadWarrior

UndeadWarrior

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,401 posts
no worries djeebs, i dont use script either cause i forget how to use them anyway :D

i only have a cfg now to lower the textures so i can play a little properly :)