36 replies to this topic

Felix

Felix

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Members
  • 4,224 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Click to view battle stats
If you aint checking the cvars someone is using its close to impossible to define if someone is using a so called anti-recoil script or a push-script. Some people like myself are changing their m_pitch and their sensitivity whenever they snipe and therefore they can bring down their crosshair damn fast. For someone that aint familiar with ET and its possibilites its just normal to draw a quick conclusion and call it a script.
Some people are just familiar with hitting their "f-key" in the right moment during a firefight ( i try to do it myself but often fail and get myself killed). But a push-script is normally easier to detect than a anti-recoil scripts because most push.scripts are mostly just simple binds. A player binds his shooting key ( normally mouse1) plus attack and plus activation, so he is always pushing whenever he is using his mouse1, for example when throwing mines/healthpacks/arming dynos and if someone is constantly pushing his mates away while doing one of these listed things he is definately using these binds.

I personally would disallow these binds if there is a halfway decent way to check them, which i dont see atm. And i would either allow all of them or none elese you create too much confusion. And if you disallow these named scripts you should also ban these annoying 180°-scripts that make someone just hit a key and tripple hs the person that just killed him from his back.

In the end its sometimes really hard to say which scripts give you an unfair advantage ( should be banned) and which scripts are just some minor tweaks ( should be allowed).
  • pumperjp likes this

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
  • Steam:captn3
  • Server:Bunker #1
dont see this making any sense no one would bind a double et key like that for push .. its just to easy to push defult activation key of f.now a 180 script give a total advantage..

a akimbo script does too..no recoil in sniping them are bullshit cheats in my mind one step from a hack but ow well i guess me pushing f key is more important than that stuff...

im on a personallvendeta of every noob in here who thinks i use some elaborate harry potter wand to manipulate u in too thinking im good or some thing ...lol

in the etpro world im not so good....i use my intellect of 9 yrs of rtcws and et and my good head set my nice pc and my nice mouse to pwn ur ass nothing more .. if i used all them nice scripts man look out in pub lol...

oh and a occasional doobie and red bull..!!

one thing ive found out about et its a whiner friendly game lol...

i suggest u fellas of no script knowledge to try some of these quick scripts out and see how hard it really is to make good us of em...i mean if ur already set in ur own way ..ive tried all felixes scripts dont like that shat not for me but is for him.. u see...complaining about scripts in a game made of scripts is like whining about a Doritos being orange when the all are ,,,simply put stupidity creates curiousity curiosity creates thinking thinking creates a conclusion and all ur guys is totally off on me ...
  • Bill likes this

Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Hi,

Ok, this has become more political, and transparent. I'm not happy with the political debate (although it may conclude to better rules), but am pleased to see that things are more transparent.

With only ever first having a pc use about 11 years ago, and very few times ever occasionally at friends' places have gamed, I'm with - 7 years ago online gaming here - inexperience and a lack of knowledge about things like computer prograrmming and software stuff that many here have knowledge of, and perhaps even trained on at schooling, and do at work. But please, combine my relative newness, lack of knowledge, and with a certain limited ability - due to mostly being burnt out, and being nearly 47. Then I hope you can see how easy it is for me to be annoyed (or a newbie) to naturally find the obvious crucial need to skill up, speed up, and get better at the game over the years - but to also find that tweaking by already naturally better and younger players has been going on for a very long time.

But, even although saying this annoyance, I hope you appreciate the fact that we all have different abilities and knowledge about how to do things - facts of life. And that a sense of humour about it all too is good to have (I've almost developed Tourettes at times though!). :crazy:

The fact that even ET has settled down over the years for a number of reasons - but still has a good stable of regulars - means that it will keep on! It's just that when the occasional newbie pops in to say hello and try his or her best, we all have to pinch ourselves and not assume that they are total rubbish, or this or that, or maybe cheating, and/or tweaking etc.

I still don't know about where to draw the line though at tweaks - up to you much more knowledgeable capable guys.

Regards.

Edited by Defender, 01 December 2010 - 03:10 PM.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145
  • Server:Bunker #2

there for anyone to use

And what you think how many actually HAVE IDEA about how to do so? Even me who is here for a while, I don't know too much about scripting. I have chat binds, I have a class selector bind that chooses class and then selfkills and taps out, and oh, yeah, I have ONE real script, hah! What it does is:
+zoomin
+attack1
-attack1
-zoomin
say_team 'watch my arty!'

Or something like this, I wrote ti here from head, don't remember the proper commands... I think I used it maybe twice in the past year...

Now, on a pro server where everyone knows how to script, it is alright, equal chances as everyone can make their scripts.

But on B2 and B1, most people do not know how to script. Now this means script users gain a hella unfair advantage over, for example, me. But you don't need to go that far... I was always wondering how the DAMN HELL some people can see me when I hide in a smoke trail. Then there was a bugged map on B2 and the whole map got covered in smoke, but still some high players said they don't know what I am talking about.... and then I realized that I can turn off smoke! BAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, to be honest, those who have smoke turned off have a real advantage in many situations against those who have it turned on. Just one example.

But well, let me offer a middle-way solution between the two:
1, Disallow scripts that can give considerable advantage over those who don't have it (autopush, antirecoil, fastshooting, and so on.)
2, TEACH PEOPLE SCRIPT!

By the second I mean not that let them find scripts if hey search the forum, but actually make some tutorials and explain basic scripting and use of cvars, and put this somewhere everyone can see. Then, you can assume that anyone using the forum could have learned that, so then if you take the time to us the forum, you have the same chances. And those who don't use the forum... well, they should, anyway. :P

BTW did you noticed how always HIGH players use tweaking? Always those who can kick low and mid players' ass easily even without tweaking... okay, the tweaks they can use against other highs, but hey, B servers are mostly filled with med and low players, and total newbies, right? It is like using a high-tuned sport car to race against people using their normal every day cars. So anyway if you think you are good, then use as few scripts as possible, take the challenge, and beat other highs without scripts! The harder the victory the sweater it tastes. ;)

Edited by Storm, 01 December 2010 - 03:31 PM.

Felix

Felix

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Members
  • 4,224 posts

dont see this making any sense no one would bind a double et key like that for push .. its just to easy to push defult activation key of f.now a 180 script give a total advantage..

I know tons of people that use a bind i just described or a slightly different version of it... so people actually bind it. Using a bind like this is easier than hitting the f-key during the fights especially on a more serious level of gaming and most people just like to use the easy road.

@storm, i never saw a HIGH player playing on b1 :P

Edited by Felix, 01 December 2010 - 09:06 PM.

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,032 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4

1, Disallow scripts that can give considerable advantage over those who don't have it (autopush, antirecoil, fastshooting, and so on.)
2, TEACH PEOPLE SCRIPT!

By the second I mean not that let them find scripts if hey search the forum, but actually make some tutorials and explain basic scripting and use of cvars, and put this somewhere everyone can see. Then, you can assume that anyone using the forum could have learned that, so then if you take the time to us the forum, you have the same chances. And those who don't use the forum... well, they should, anyway. :P

http://bunker.aaxxss...showtopic=13104

not really a tutorial though

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
bottom line is u people in here who dont understand scripts think its a superman idea when some one has them they really mostly give no real advantage to playing eti mean ur not gonna aim better cuz u bind a key or run a auto script ur not gonna see farther or shot better just becuz u have them .i have very good friend plays et stock and bone and i havent seen anyone in b any where as good as him....sorry,but i think alot of scripting is more a preference on the style of game ..u b guys get introduced to few of use etpro scrim regulars ...and u think we all hack and are running some super scripts lol..

why is it my responsibility to teach u how to play et ....

google is ur friend us it thats how i learned and asking pros..but like felix said none of them are around here lol.

i really think u guys make to much out of this bs..

really makes me wonder if any of u could really spot a hacker beside the few high ups in forums i seen....

defender ur 47

now dont take this wrong u!remind me of the little kid who complains if he dont win...no one player can beat every one it is pub server not league ..

like i said before i will help u but i see no chat server for b bunker..hook me up with it ill be on there pickin on all u fellas....this is a great community full of first class people but latley ive seen alot of bs....!!!!!!

I_R_NATAN

I_R_NATAN

• Bunker Members
  • 253 posts
dont stereotype us all and call us all ignorant. some of us realize there's no real advantage to simple scripts. i tried to end this at the start when the in game conversation was happening..dont blame them because theyve been playing this game for years and never wanted to learn about different things you can do with it..i guess it could really be true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks...now captn ive liked you being around from the start, but dont start freakin out on all of us..

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts
Hi CapTn,

I really appreciate most of your additions in the debate raised initially by another player - you really put things and people in their places.

But there's a few things I don't agree with, especially in your last post. I said earlier in one other post above: I agree solewu, but it's a situation - for some people of - fit and forget (out of sight, out of mind). So there's a little bit of a clear conscience happening with things that do actually help to win a map. But I agree mostly with you, that it is mainly down to pure skill and fast reactions. But then this brings me onto my second issue - as hinted strongly above - I am with burnt out brain (and bod), and I said that many people in life have different abilities (from birth often), and as most people get older we slow down. I play accordingly CapTn, I know my limitations. So to even contemplate trying to teach me would probably not be possible.

Again, just to remind you and anyone else, I'm responding to not only what I see in text chat (and in the Forum) from other players , but also have seen some players with oustanding speed and wondered how this is. This is a very responsible post to an issue that bothers some. And also, if a newbie to gaming - say, the fastest reacting, clever - say, 10 -14 year old - starts for the first time in online gaming, will that person realise early enough that to be a fraction faster in winning one to one, and in the map campaign time limit - that tweaking will help, I wonder..

Edited by Defender, 02 December 2010 - 11:39 AM.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts

2, TEACH PEOPLE SCRIPT!

http://bunker.aaxxss...showtopic=13104

not really a tutorial though

And solewu only spotting this previous post, how is it possible that that link is allowed to show to anyone cheats? It clearly mentions what are mods and tweaks, and clearly mentions what are cheats... (See about quarter down page "enabling cheats")

Edited by Defender, 02 December 2010 - 12:30 PM.

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,032 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
didn't read it through :)
I was only interested in a more stable fps when i read it,
when i still had my old old old computer.
Remembered it helped me with those.

What i don't care about i don't look at

cheers
sol

edit: if asked for i'll remove the link

Edited by solewu, 02 December 2010 - 02:09 PM.

I_R_NATAN

I_R_NATAN

• Bunker Members
  • 253 posts
some people are really fast...do you mean like jumping across the map fast? research it..there's a glitch in the quake 3 engine that's been taken advantage of since day 1..go onto a trickjump server..i would suggest bunker's but i dont think its there anymore? and see if you can learn about it..its broadens your ET horizons tenfold once you learn to do a couple trick jumps..

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts

Nah Solewu, it is not your responsibilty nor mine. Regards.

Hi I_R_NATAN,

nah, it was just that I happened to spot in that link, which shows cheats (and one there to adjust the time on sprint - although it may be for just Admins to use only). Looks mostly very technical that stuff. Some very useful though to the way a good thinker can get through a map and try and win.

I did try the other day to keep up with someone on a long sprint, but I ran out of steam and they went off into the distance. But that was probably because they had a better start off than me, and was on adrenalin. ;)

Regards.

Edited by Defender, 02 December 2010 - 05:35 PM.

Felix

Felix

A Name Known to All

• Bunker Members
  • 4,224 posts

Nah Solewu, it is not your responsibilty nor mine. Regards.

Hi I_R_NATAN,

nah, it was just that I happened to spot in that link, which shows cheats (and one there to adjust the time on sprint - although it may be for just Admins to use only). Looks mostly very technical that stuff. Some very useful though to the way a good thinker can get through a map and try and win.

These so called "cheats" are cheats that can only be activated on your own local server ( the server you run on your own pc when you load a map on your own) or by a server admin. You know every other existing game out there has these type of cheats that can unveil the whole map in strategic games or make you unkillable in shooting games. But they are mostly only functionale on the single player or on servers without a restriction against them, which literally every server out there normally has. Though it can be removed for some funny moments but it needs a server admin to do so.

Edited by Felix, 02 December 2010 - 09:38 PM.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
speed has to do with ur full sprint green keep it green till u need it...also jumping and runing there is spots on maps that u can make up momentum on also strafing as u jump will build momentum...im sorry if i came off as being pushy i just get accused of this push script so much im sick of it..it is ur server nate not mine i would never walk in some one elses house with out some manners .... .Defender.u play more on b1 and i ll work with u .. but remember its not how good u are its how much fun u have...better focal point for b1 is stop stackin the fin teams plz...and theres nothing really to tweaking ur et like mine .. i can show u if ur willing to listen u need to learn nothing just need to listen lol...

and trying to kill me defender ur gonna get pushed i push all! lines my headshots up better plus throws u off..old server i played at shut off push becuz of me also i pwn on old farts so much they tell me to leave lol... but thats just childish.

i came to b bunker cuz im friends with my son prownd and u fellas for a pub server attract a few skilled players i like not being able to run over other team ...oh and u guys have a great atmosphere.

Edited by *CapTn*, 02 December 2010 - 09:22 PM.

I_R_NATAN

I_R_NATAN

• Bunker Members
  • 253 posts
haha dont worry captn, this is by no means my server...not even close..took me 3 years to get recognized

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts

im sorry if i came off as being pushy

lol good one