Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

Default maxbots amount on server

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: B2 bots (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Bunker 2 default maxbots should be....

1. No bots (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. 6 (3v3, currently on B2) (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. 8 (4v4) (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. 10 (5v5) (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

5. 12 (6v6) or bigger, Leave a comment please (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Little_Devil

Little_Devil

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
I actually like the larger bot numbers which can occur on B2, I know, I know ... if I want to play with bots I should got to B10, but I like having a few on, yesterday for instance there must have been 6 - 8 bots on each team and 2 - 4 human players on each team and it was fun, only issue being that the bots are too predicable thus too easy to frag which can make it a bugger for the attacking side. I think what I'd like to see is more communication between players when there are say 5 humans and loads of bots as in this case we could do bots vs humans and when we have 8 human players switch the bots off possibly.

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
  • Server:Unselected
My personal vision is 10 for each team, and no soldiers bots with heavy weapons (they TK a lot) : 3 Medics, 2 Fiel Op, 2 Cover Op & 3 Eng's.
Maybe a good idead to add a command liks !medic !eng !fop to makes the bots turn on it.
I guess its possible but the idea is what level this will have this "FLAG" available. So the debate is open. :)

Red

Red

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 208 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10
My thoughts on the bots.

Peyote and B!O both tell me you can create a fire-team add bots and they will follow you. Cool!! So I create a fire-team I add 1 Engie, 1 FldOps and 1 Medic. No sooner do I get my team made and the Engie changes class to FldOps. LOL
If I call for a medic or FldOps sometimes they come and other-times they walk right past you. The accuracy of the bots is to high, lots of times the bots are in groups of 3 to 6 (coming from spawn) once one fires on you you have little chance to survive.
The medic bots have a hard time (sometimes) reviving, they will inject me 3 to 6 times ultimately failing and I need to just re-spawn. I also see a lot of teem-bleeding by the bots. I'm not sure if any of these things can be adjusted but I hope so?

One other thing regarding this website that's been pisses me off for a long time.
If I click outside of the box where I type (like the smiles or whatever) and come click back in the box to add or fix something my text I just typed disappears!!! WTF!!! Please fix this.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145
There was lot of discussion about bots lately. here is my 2 cents:

1; What is B2? What it supposed to be??? A botserver??? No. For botserver, there is B10.
2; Then why we have bots? Because we believe it helps to get humans. Alright...
3; But then what is the purpose of bots? T get humans, so that we can PLAY WITH HUMANS? instead of the bots. Right?

But then what I see, 16, 20, 28 bots?!?! Even when there are 5 vs 5 humans in each team???

Why?

Once again, is B2 a botserver? No. Then why we have tons of bots even when there are humans?

Some say, people disconnect if we turn bots off... come on, if someone wants bots, B10 is the server for them.

Why we want people on B2, who actually should be on B10 because they want to play with bots and not humans?

What is the sense in having these people, so there is something on B2, while it is NOT B2 anymore, but another B10?

It is like being gay, but still keeping a girlfriend only so that you can go to parties for hetero couples. You got what I mean?

Getting people on B2 by technically turning B2 into another B10, is stupid in my opinion.

All that said, I say alright, if you believe that bots help, let there be 8 bots. Maybe even as much as 10, but anything more than 10 is f***ing absurd for a server that never was a botserver.

This is just my opinion. I won't argue, but personally, I play on B2 and not B10, because I want to play with people and not stupid bots. I force myself to join, even though I damn hate playing with bots, but I force myself in the hope that finally we can send them away and play normally. This is the only reason. because those who know me also know that I used to say, that I rather play Tetris than playing ET with bots... and B2 is not a botserver. It never was, and should never be. Or it is not B2 anymore.
  • Bill likes this

Impiedoso

Impiedoso

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts
12 Each side is cool :)

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
12?!?! Come on, B2 is not botserver. :(

B10 IS a botserver, and it has ONLY 10 vs 10.

thestig

thestig

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,837 posts
  • Steam:TheStigNL
  • Discord:thestignl
max bots in total should be 8 like it used to be unless a botwar is on (after voting).

4 a side is enough. We had a small base of regular players again after all that partying on B2, and since the bots increased (to 10 a side?) it got quite empty.

It makes me not wanna play on B2 and also after the topic that we can't just change bot amount it made me not wanna play ET and play on B2 anymore.

Have shared my oppinion and concerns to Peyote, but nothing happend after a promise was made.

I'll see what happens.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
I agree, 8 bots (4 vs 4) is enough, but in NO WAY should there bot more than 10 (5 vs 5). I stand my ground in this.

Well Stig, we will see. What have been agreed is that we don't remove or add bots without vote. I guess it isn't against the agreement if I simply change bot amount to 10 next time when nobody is on the server.

Reason for the agreement is to satisfy players, now, no one will get offended if I change it to 10 on empty server, right?

(Problem is, next time someone else with !bot command comes on, they will just do !bot 20 instantly, so my efforts will be useless... well, I try anyway.)

P.s.: Right now, B2 has MOAR BOTS THAN B10! Heh... For Cthulu's sake...

Edited by Storm, 20 October 2012 - 02:56 PM.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
OK, I connected, server was empty, and was left alone with 24 bots... which is 4 more than B10!!!
So I set them to 10... I wonder how long it will last.

I have a feeling some people have a totally false concept about why we have bots and how should they be used. :(

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
It didn't last long... I checked on and it was empty with 16 bots. Set it back to 10.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
Every time I don't look someone sets bots to 20 or something like that... feels like fighting windmills. And enough for today.

djbo

djbo
Lol, everytime i feel like playing i instantly fill the beast up with bots. Other than some ppl I never here anyone complain. Bots are fun, make fire teams, organize them, they do object play better than most humans :)

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
And why you do that on B2? Why not on B10, if it is a botserver already???

Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's bas to mess with bots sometimes, but right now, B2 is being raped and murdered... a B2 which is constantly full of bots is not the B2 we were trying to save...

*sighs*

Why not let B2 to be "himself", instead of turning it into another B10?

:(

Anyway... I'm off for today. Hopefully tomorrow there will be humans on b2 so I can play and don't have to go over to DarkAlchemy. :(

FunnyBunny

FunnyBunny

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Bunker2 is not bunker2 anymore storm. People quit gaming, having kids, work etc

Max bot should be 8v8 because with 6 or 8 bots you are nothing in a bigger map and its boring.

Sometimes i just think that the bunker is dieing.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
Map rotation takes team numbers into account. If there are less bots, there will be NO ANY big maps. That is the point. I remember Pey worked a lot on this system.

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
Strange thing is that this debate was opened months ago, precisely : This open debate was open at Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:53 AM
and just at : 07 September 2011 - 08:36 PM - You make the first post and don't said anything against it. OOPS!
Weird dosent? OMG sound as was a upset/angry about that.

Did u remember when the bots was loaded there first time? Did u complain on that moment? :X
Anh no, just now and by this way :X
I understand your frustration but remembering what took you so long to manifest his latent anger about bots on b2,
but should then be a little more active in a productive way and not through the way you behave and speak.
There will be those in favor of freedom of expression will say it's appropriate, but I will and need disagree.
Why? Because there are many ways of saying the same thing without being rude rude or disrespectful to anyone who can hear/read.
Remember that even if a game is appropriate for adolescents and among us and even here that forum users are children.
You may, me, anyone can disagree with someone but, forgive, isnot necessary to be offensive or be calling gay/pussy or something similar for this i have to disagree with you.
Pardon moi, in my view this is wrong and really as I already said this aproach is not desirable.
I ask now, direct to you Storm, please try to choose a best way to expose your thoughts through your words, for anyone reading is not always as happy as when you write them.

Attracting players to the server if they were not there, certainly they not enter in an empty server.
Have you thought about that side? The worst that can happen is the player back into the server and I wonder what's bad about it '? Is it bad? I think not.
For me to read everything here exposed before, it sounds like there was a contempt of bots and even to our servers that have bots.
Remembering that there are currently bots in b2, b4 and b10 but you only refer to as b10 bot server.
And there seems to be somewhat angry about it. Hope it is not anything special with the server, b10 or bots there.
They are not (the bots) very smart and can get hurt by it.
Do not forget the fact that it is loaded bots for many reasons and the best is: Attracting players.

In your feets, What I do?
try asking to every1 on server if they agree with no bots when they are playing.
If they dont approve have to support it. If they dont like play without bots, try ask how much will be nice on that map, on that moment.
If they approve, good. go and be happy disable all they.
But please, do not forget to put all they back on server when u going out.
Acctually they are there for keep the server up and attacting people if they like they can come back ;)

Abusing and going a little further, to suggest that:
Try to understand and respect different. Do not fear the unknown. Fraternize with the adverse and learn with them all.

And please try don't spam the topic heheheh.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
Brasil... what you say makes no sense and is NOT true.

and just at : 07 September 2011 - 08:36 PM - You make the first post and don't said anything against it.And please try don't spam the topic heheheh.

I didn't, because I have NO PROBLEM with LOW NUMBER bots (4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5) and is still what I say. At that time we had LOW NUMBER bots, 6 or 8 usually, and NOT 20 and 26!!!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!

The point was ONLY that server is NOT EMPTY!!! We had 6-8 bots, and when 6-8 people joined, then NO BOTS! That was OK. What we have now, is NOT OK.

"Did u remember when the bots was loaded there first time? Did u complain on that moment?"
YES I DID!!! Ask Peyote, I did complain quite a lot that I HATE bots and I don't want to see bots on B2. But then I say: OK, if 6-8 bots helps to get HUMAN PLAYERS? then OK... let it be.

"I understand your frustration"
No, you do not.

"what took you so long to manifest his latent anger about bots on b2"
???

"but should then be a little more active in a productive way"
I tried my best to affect things in a PRODUCTIVE way in the past. But people did not give a shit about it. I gave suggestions and ideas, and pointed out problems, bot NOBODY did care. Except 2-3 people. So I gave up. That was before I left for a while.

"and not through the way you behave and speak."
???

"there are many ways of saying the same thing without being rude rude or disrespectful"
??? I wasn't rude to anyone.

"isnot necessary to be offensive or be calling gay/pussy or something similar"
??? What are you talking about? WHEN did I talk like that???

"please try to choose a best way to expose your thoughts through your words"
That is what I'm doing. And I say Bunker 2 is being murdered because I DO MEAN IT. Exactly that. I can't say in other way.

"for anyone reading is not always as happy as when you write them."
For anyone, reading TRUTH is not happy. People hate truth. People hate to care. People hate to pay attention. people hate to think. People hate to make decisions.

"Attracting players to the server if they were not there, certainly they not enter in an empty server.
Have you thought about that side?"

??? Brasil you don't understand. Who said empty??? Me not. I said: 8-10 Bots and NOT 20-30.

8-10 DOES NOT EQUAL to Empty.

"Remembering that there are currently bots in b2, b4 and b10 but you only refer to as b10 bot server."
B10 was the ONLY server where PURPOSE was to have LOT of BOTS.

B2 and B4 had only LOW NUMBER bots, and ONLY so it's not empty. I see B4 has more bots lately, but still: For B4 and B2 the Goal is to have HUMANS and not bots.

For B10 goal is to have BOTS.

So... then why B2 has MORE BOTS than B10???

Makes no sense...

"Hope it is not anything special with the server, b10 or bots there."
I hate bots, so I do not play on B10. This is why I played on B1, B2 and B4 -> Humans, NOT Bots.

Now you turn B2 into botserver: ALAWYS bots, and LOT OF bots... You turn B2 into B10.

I won't play because I want to play with Humans, and NOT Bots.

B2 was my home... now I am homeless.

8-10 Bots = attracting people
10+ bots = murdering B2.

And please Brasil... you do NOT understand what I mean, and you talk like I was attacking and being bad and what??? Why?

I'm trying to be constructive: I talk about bots, and server, and settings, and you talk about...... me.

This topic is not about me. It is about bots and settings. Can we please go back to topic?

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
I agree with Storm. Not much point in arguing though, you either like bots or you don't. With the current settings, B2 is a bot server.

But, don't pretend that people are going to join and then ask for bots to be turned off. Nobody joins a server that has 20 bots on it unless he wants to play with 20 bots.
  • Storm likes this

=BLACKWOLF=

=BLACKWOLF=

Making Friends

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Xfire:o1onightmare
Just a few bots ( maybe 5 v 5 ), whereby one leaves every time a player joins, would be good in my opinion.

That way, once 10 humans are present, there are no bots left playing at all. Too few bots and there will not be enough to do whilst waiting for real players.

Edited by =BLACKWOLF=, 26 October 2012 - 08:05 PM.

• Storm likes this

killjoy

killjoy

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 783 posts
The more Bots available the Better for me - Mainly because I find myself palying at times when no one else is around -
BUT if anyone - at ANY time - for WHATEVER reason - wants the bots removed it should be done -
without ANY hesitation - Some of the best Games I've played in have been 3 versus 3 ! _
Yes its not a BOT server - but the option of Populating it with some is useful -
The more available the greater the Challenge :-)