Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

Default maxbots amount on server

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: B2 bots (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Bunker 2 default maxbots should be....

1. No bots (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. 6 (3v3, currently on B2) (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. 8 (4v4) (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. 10 (5v5) (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

5. 12 (6v6) or bigger, Leave a comment please (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
Im busy with work, till I have more time.
Anyway, ideas are around, I think it would be good to know if a player wants bots or not. So by default players will be tagged as "I hate bots".. Then they can chage their status with some cmd, like !hatebots 0 . or !lovebots .. whatever.

That would allow to add/remove bots automatically based on what players like.

Also at 3:00 -> 7:00 CET(am), we have guys joining in who like bots (lots of em).
There is a distribution, from people who like lots of bots, and lesser. Actually I observed for myself, that I like to play against 30 bots when I am alone, but as soon as more humans join in, less bots are better.

Also when there are about 3vs3 humans, filled up to 8vs8 or so with bots.. mostly if bots are removed at that point, the remaining 6 players will soon leave, except they are hardcore et players.

Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
I don't understand the chart to vote on above - the 6 (3v3 currently on B2) - is what I'm questioning as whenever I go into B2 and there just about 4 humans there, I usually see a large number of bots on each side too. It is very difficult to enjoy playing against so many bots..
  • thestig likes this

peyote

peyote
Maxbots is now 8. And cannot be changed anymore, unless you got rcon. Bots do again autobalance teams.
  • thestig and Storm like this

thestig

thestig

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,837 posts
  • Steam:TheStigNL
  • Discord:thestignl

Maxbots is now 8. And cannot be changed anymore, unless you got rcon. Bots do again autobalance teams.

HAIL PEYOTE! THE ALMIGHTY! thanks a thousand times!
  • Storm likes this

djbo

djbo
For as far as I know bots can be removed or added by simple command :) Besides, everytime we take the bots off for you guys the server goes empty cause you also don't wanna play on an empty server and everybody keeps an eye on who is on, and then only if a certain number of players are on, then and only then you ppl join.
Mongo is doing one hell of a job with the parties, only I wonder why you need a party to join? Well actually I do, cause that day you know you are not alone. However if you just join as we used to, than the server won't be empty and you won't be alone :)

Look at it anyway you like, no bots means empty server cause you all wait for someone else to join. Bots to me mean I can have fun anytime I like. It also means ppl monitoring the server see ppl joining B2 and than the join to, once there enough or as on will we or yourself can turn of the bots :) Simple and it works. Plus even alone you can have fun.

Besides try forming teams with the bots. For object players they are the best teammates you can have. You can have them execute commands, do object, give you support. The almost anything you ask of them without talking back :) Take your time to experiment with them. They will grow on you :)

Be positive, not negative.

Give us filled server and we'll take of the bots. Now, from experience I can say, take them off and it's empty. Next week the anti-bot ppl will have a new topic to complain... Server is empty and no one joins :)

Djeebs

Edit... Pey send me the command... I still want my botwars. Seriously.

Edited by djbo, 14 November 2012 - 06:30 PM.

• pumperjp likes this

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,098 posts
When you leave the server please do !bot so that 8 bots arrive. If it´s not work on the map that dont support bots so do !nextmap and that map often do support the bots.
This is a message to members that have the commands and not for those ho dont.
Check before you leave ore ask the players.
  • Storm likes this

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145

HAIL PEYOTE! THE ALMIGHTY! thanks a thousand times!

+1 :)

I now absolutely LOVE everything on B2. All the settings are cool. Don't change anything!

Only ONE exception: I agree to give back !botwar command. because then, it is only something we would use sometimes for the fun, while default behavior stays 8 bots autobalance. I hate bots, but a !botwar now and then, well, why not? It's ok. Just not always. :P