Check us out:

Photo
- - - - -

b6 situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Click to view battle stats
For those who care or have interest...

Bunker 6 has been many times up and then down again. This had to do with an error, as of now i can't even remember which error. However I searched it on google and all said it had something to do with the harddisk. After trying 3 different harddisks I still had the same problem. Sometimes already after an hour, something it's there after a month.

With this error, the computer just restarted and showed a black screen with an error. Since I couldn't get it fixed myself, I asked my brother, but he is a busy man. Now just recently he got another computer, which is faster then the one we have in the living room. However one problem, not sure if the computer is 100% ok, so right now it's in the living room for testing, for about 2 weeks. If everything is alright, I can use the old-living-room-computer as B6. This one is faster then the computer I had before. So running more servers is possible :-) Of course not normal game servers, because for that our internet connection is to weak. But maybe an extra server for I don't know what yet :-)

B6 can be used for map testing, server testing, movie making, comic making, having fun in small maps, nonsense, admin training and you just name it... I also had a server runnning for mongo, where all his maps where uploaded as promotion :-)

So once it is back, and you want to test a map, test a setting, or whatever you wanna do on it. You just ask me, that's where b6 is made for :-) I like to help you out! Also if you have interest in server making, I can learn you what I know. I'm not that good as some other here on Bunker. But I have some knowledge :-)

Outside the servers it also has other goals like a backup computer and other things :-)

soccerkill

soccerkill
wewt! good news :D Bunker 6 for the win :D

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
More good news,

After talks with my brother and father, we came to the conclusion that I already could use the computer... So it's already installed, servers are already installed and i'm now uploading the files to a download server.

However I must note, if something is wrong with the living-room-computer. Then the server one will be down again for some time. But the living-room-computer is now running already a few days without problems :-)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Rasium

Rasium
good to hear BEE, should pay it a visit soon...

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
I rented a VPS (virtual private server), I installed it along with my brother, but especially me still got alot to learn... before I started hosting, i installed linux on a computer and started to learn from there how to make and install a wolfenstein server with just a screen with only text.

Bunker 6 and Bunker 7 online.

Bunker 7 still got a password, going to make it a trickjump server. does someone have a server.cfg for a etpro trickjump server?

Can install a server for another game on it, just have to find out how. maybe trackmania?

Posted Image
Posted Image

RAM: 512mb
Space: 50gb
traffic: 500gb
1Gbit network connection
Linux: Debian 6.0
running in the netherlands.

I'm not sure how perfect this works, however I do know the hosting company allows to run gameservers on it, asked if before I started to rent xd

Also not sure how much servers it can run with how much players... But this is cheaper then renting a dedicated server.

soccerkill

soccerkill
b6 looks nice lets get a tj.cfg so we can trickjump again ! :D wewt! :D

good job! BEE !

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
B6 and B7 added to |>B<| spladderladder page:
http://et.splatterla...ninfo&idx=26596

Don't know where to ask it on trackbase... if someone can help thx...
http://et.trackbase....aninfo&cidx=129

Made reclame on spladderladder:
http://forum.splatte...&st=15&start=15

Made reclame on trackbase:
http://forum.trackba...Community/page3

Koiran can u make news about it on Twitter, Facebook and other shit Bunker is using.

Asked falkes if he can add 178.21.116.227:27960 to bunker6.aaxxss.com and 178.21.116.227:27961 to bunker7.aaxxss.com ... that works later...

EDIT: Also add B6 and B7 to the Bunker favorites in xfire. thx

Edited by KILLERBEE, 10 August 2011 - 11:15 PM.