Photo

Spoutcraft

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
Good news everyone, the server is now running again Bukkit. That allows for MCMMO, the previous server also had Bukkit, but it was more a builder server.. So this time some RPG elements.
As soon as Spout is ready, I will install the server plugin - until then use Spoutcraft already - as a small preview of whats hitting you soon.

http://get.spout.org/

Its as easy as downloading Minecraft and starting it; and if you check the options and have a hardcore PC, be sure to enable the Shaders on High for some Crysis 2 shadows.
More info about Spout: http://forums.spout.org/wiki/index/
The shadows at work:

aFive

aFive

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Unselected
I must say I enjoy the MCMMO part, but the spoutcraft client is a real pain for me;
performance dropped from 100 fps to about 40, sometimes even less and with small freezes all the time.
Also there seems to be some issues activating the special MCMMO abilities.
They worked like a charm the first night, but since the spoutcraft client is required, I can only get them to work about 10% of the time.
Don't know if you already played on the server since then, and if you also experience these problems.
Maybe it's just me, time will tell.

peyote

peyote
Spoutcraft should improve perfomance, not make it worse.. It has a extensive Options menu, be sure to scroll down.
If we cant fix it for everyone, to at least not make it worse - I will remove it again.

XpLosive

XpLosive

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
as a5 said. I like the mcmmo as well.
I'm not sure what all sprout does and can do so I can't comment on what it brings.
I do notice a little more lag... which honestly isn't a big deal to me because it does even out for me after a few minutes. mostly.

The thing I'm not liking atm with sproutcraft is its freezing quite a bit. I played yesterday a couple hours and it froze (blackscreen) about 3 times.
Also I crash a few times with it every day so far.

All in all I do like all the updates with the server. the mcmmo stuff is cool. I like the plugins being added. The dragon travel. the small things like sitting down on steps.
Curious to see if the animal escaping plugin has worked.

peyote

peyote
Attached File  SPOUTCRAFT.PNG   57KB   5 downloads

Try these settings, lower ram, latest lwgjl, and latest development build. Works better a little I think

LiLcApTn

LiLcApTn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Unselected

wuts the server ip fro SpoutCraft!