48 replies to this topic

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
Click to view battle stats

I just... can't find one reason whatsoever that someone needs to own an AR-15 assault rifle with thousands of rounds of ammunition (which is what this person legally obtained). You don't need this to defend your home and it will get into the wrong hands. If you think your household is so threatened that you need an assault rifle which the sole purpose is to kill large amounts of people, either you're going to run out of ammo sooner or later or the world you'll find outside your home is not one worth living in anyways.

My main weapon for defending myself is a gigantic wrench I bought at Harbor Freight in a 17-wrench pack. I'll never use on an actual bolt and I don't feel any less safe than those with guns.

Gun laws do work in a society that has never been as free reign as the USA, but they're not foolproof (see Norway from a year or two ago).

Ban assault rifles. It's not a stop-all but a step in the right direction. And yes they will still be around but after a couple generations, they will be gone.

And to think I was done being controversial on these forums...

Banning ONLY assault rifles is not going to accomplish a thing. Its all or nothing. Obviously you start to hit a slippery slope here where rights are concerned.

Even if we were to make assault rifles unavailable to the public, assuming that they become more difficult to get for criminals, it is not going to lower gun related homicides.

"The FBI murder statistics do not differentiate between types of rifles. There are about 100 million rifles in the United States. In 2009 there were 13,636 murders. Guns were used to murder 9,146 people. Hands and feet were used to murder 801 people. Blunt objects were used to murder 611 people. Rifles were used to murder 348 people, and that is all rifles, of which assault rifles are only a small fraction. Assault rifles are used so infrequently in homicides that many police departments almost never see them; in 2009, there were nine states that did not have a single murder committed with any rifle."

"In 2005, 75% of the 10,100 homicides committed using firearms in the United States were committed using handguns, compared to 4% with rifles, 5% with shotguns, and the rest with a type of firearm not specified. Assault weapons are so rarely used they don't qualify for a separate category."

More people drown every year than die by assault rifle.

poshandboots

poshandboots

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,489 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
if u start forbidden guns and knives u shuold start forbidden fighting sports aswell, they are in first place developed for defence and killing. with bare hands

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,034 posts
try killing 100 people with ur bare hands or with a gun posh :P

see what's the biggest threat.

+ most fight sports are created for defense.

I'll rather defend myself barehanded against another barehanded guy than gun vs gun

JaimeReTypo

JaimeReTypo

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 208 posts
To kill a hundred people, get a few bottle of gasoline and some matches. Much more efficient!

Hand to hand is nice when you are young and fit, not so much when you age.

In any case, the person is the weapon. Knives, clubs, guns and martial arts are just tools.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • Steam:captn3
most dangerous weapon on planet earth is a human mind..

i guess retards are every where.

u have ur view i have mine ..take usa out of the point then do u have a point.dam right im gonna defend my country. lol and u dont know me..i wish u did but u dont..was my great grand parents ..left germany in ww2 was my great grand parents left ireland in ww1.lol and u should read about third world gorilla war..lol i neva once said viking u are in any comment but u must already think u are retarded.. putting words in my mouth to get ur point acrossed is what i dont like..lol do u have a point or do u just want too argue!

look back to what humans did before guns..lol swords knives sticks arrows..its in are nature too kill.

Edited by *CapTn*, 04 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,034 posts
!cookie all ^^

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
I don't have a gun, all I got is some kitchen knife. I don't carry that when I go out. In my other home I got a baseball bat aswell.
Never had to use any of these though. If I would carry a gun I would use it. At some point in my life ~10 years old, I kinda had to decide .. avoid fights alltogether or take the greater risk of being shot in some silly fight, or backstabed... or any other variant there is. And I decided to avoid fights - till then I did fight like daily. The prob was, that some of the guys I fighted - I learn that there older brothers had guns - and they used them. I was 10, my option would have been to go kinda rogue ... steal enough money, buy a gun .. but even then.. your not always awake.
And my parents where strongly against any form of fighting. I believe one can sense "a golden path" and follow that down the road. For me it was gunless. But if here guns would had been more regular, probably I would have had no choice but use them aswell. Its more regular to get beaten up ready for hospital.

While its forbidden to carry guns without a license, and even then I think only a few selected guns are allowed. Yet its possible to buy any gun you like. Similar to drugs, they are forbidden but available. We have gunfights, but its not something which is mentioned in the media - to prevent other people thinking thats cool: I do it too; but if you are at the right place at right time once or twice a year.. (Switzerland has only around 7mil inhabitants.. so . lol).
Lastly if you use a legal weapon, you can trace it back to the owner ... and that guy is responsible - at least in switzerland. (If your gun was stolen.. and you reported it thats a different case.).

About schools and shooting, apparently its unrelated if guns are legal or not, this happened at schools - where its forbidden to carry even a knife. Apparently its more related to how anonym one is in that school. Anonym in a negativ sense - being just a number in a giantic system; and no one cares for that number. I already thought my school is big.. but its compared to the schools where this happened extremely small

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
Ive been drinking tequila pey, and I am not sure if that is why, but that comment is cryptic to me. ;) I'll read it again in the morning.
  • *CapTn* likes this

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • Steam:captn3
u have to smoke 4 doobies in a rrow to get his message.

in usa i am sure u europe people know this but u cant get a gun out of a say a soda machine its not like that..u dont walk down street and see 100reds of people armed to the hilt ..lol

we have rules and regulations too.

i grew up in a house where my father owns over 30 guns of all types..dating back to civilwar.. he sleep s every nite with a gun next too his bed and yes hes had to wake up and use it more than once...i am glade i have rights..thank ur god for the good old usof a..lol