Check us out:

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

How bots affect game play & Can you have fair teams?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Bean

Bean
  • Tb:1889806
  • Server:Bunker #1
Click to view battle stats
Getting back to Snoid's thoughtful topic (I apologize for de-railing it a bit) I think that bots are generally better on defence, and therefore humans should be on the attack. So if there's a choice, I'll choose the attacking team if possible, even though I personally prefer defence.

Although I often like a mix of humans on both teams. If I find that not enough people are going for the objective - of supporting those who are - then I'll make it a sport of trying to hunt down the opposing human players. Something satisfying about that!

Also fun to have all the human players, and no bots, on one team. Then tons of bots on the other. That way, it fosters some decent team play (when humans are attacking), and a sense of satisfaction when victory is achieved.

Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Neurosis, Snoid only just beat me to the post in here. I think it was very good of him to kick off the topic as I would have been more of a target if I had started it :i-m_so_happy: lol.

I think some of the replies are missing the point, as I'm sure the only simple issue that I want to imrove is to make regulars and perhaps new players be reminded of the fact that when we join B2 we initially see a straight forward 10 v 10 - leading to a quick and easy decision by newly arriving players - as to Allies or Axis, or, attacking or defending within their favoured maps. So by pressing the button below Esc we can all see which is the weaker side.

And, just turn the heat down some of you guys, lighten up soldiers :thank_you:

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,098 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Hi

I think this way.
I think you should try to think the same with Bots on the server or only humans. Always try to get humans vs. humans alike.
I think it's best but it does not necessarily mean that it will be fair. It depends on player skill and Bots on the server depending on the map how the waypoints are made. Some maps have very good Waypoint and some do not.
(Waypoints are the way that bots shall be running at type attack and defend places but you probably knew already.)

A map with many points on defense is often difficult & special when they select another, and you think they are in the same place as before, but they are behind some other hiding place.

If we talk B2, I think you can remove all the Bots when it's 10-12 humans. I do not see B2 as a Bot server but more as a compliment when there are not many humans online.
Botwar can be a way to avoid humans vs. humans problems on a server. Then you can always choose to attack and also increase the bots if it was too easy and too fast to manage the map. If you take 3, 4 or 5 times as much Bots, you can get a real challenge.
3 humans attack against 15 bots can be extremely difficult depending on the map but 10 humans attack against 50 bots is not a good which map you choose, I think :).
But then you can choose 10 humans against 30 Bots.

Best Regards

Mongo

Red

Red

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 208 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10
I stopped by B2 this afternoon for a short visit to see what was going on TD was on everytihng seamed to be going very smooth even tho my team lost it was fun. :D

Now I Just came from B2 about 20mins ago and TD is back off and two guys camping near the bottleneck of the map both guys fieldops both dropping heavey artilary non-stop the whole time. :O With TD being off their botmates and humans sitting around the area not being splatted is just no fun. I also see these guys getting the map kill records with no skill involved.. Camping/artillery, Pey please reset XP as you mentioned so we get a break from this non-sense. These guys with 100k+ XP have the ability to bomb you non-stop and makes for a very lame game. I'll take the snipers, panzas and flame throwers over these guys all day. :)

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,098 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
I cant do mutch but i try my best.

I turn it off before :) .

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Neurosis, Snoid only just beat me to the post in here. I think it was very good of him to kick off the topic as I would have been more of a target if I had started it :i-m_so_happy: lol.

I think some of the replies are missing the point, as I'm sure the only simple issue that I want to imrove is to make regulars and perhaps new players be reminded of the fact that when we join B2 we initially see a straight forward 10 v 10 - leading to a quick and easy decision by newly arriving players - as to Allies or Axis, or, attacking or defending within their favoured maps. So by pressing the button below Esc we can all see which is the weaker side.

And, just turn the heat down some of you guys, lighten up soldiers :thank_you:

I have a theory, and humor me here.

I think that you always play the defending team because you are not a very skilled player.. It is easier for you to get frags that way, especially when you are playing against bots.

Thats ok, but I play the opposite for exactly the opposite reason.

I do like this post far better than your last... ;)

Just dont hold it against those of us that play oppositely because we want the challenge.

Edited by neurosis, 10 August 2012 - 09:08 PM.

• Red likes this

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
I hear a lot of theories about what is harder or easier to do, but notice the facts:

I noticed the team that I was on was getting beaten twice or more map after map, and I also noticed what had materialised during gameplay was 7 humans (+3 bots on the other side) ,and 3 humans (and 7 bots on my side) leading to the obvious reasonably expected wins with the more powerful side. The bots after all are quite often good at bumping into walls and other players in their travels - and the humans are very good at team work and getting objectives done.

Are we talking about this, or something different? I think we can agree that in 10 vs 10, the team with more humans will win. We aren't talking about a botwar here, I don't think?

Also, if one team loses over and over, don't talk about how the side that is winning is the harder one. :P

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 417 posts
Wow, lol. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

I hear a lot of theories about what is harder or easier to do, but notice the facts:

I noticed the team that I was on was getting beaten twice or more map after map, and I also noticed what had materialised during gameplay was 7 humans (+3 bots on the other side) ,and 3 humans (and 7 bots on my side) leading to the obvious reasonably expected wins with the more powerful side. The bots after all are quite often good at bumping into walls and other players in their travels - and the humans are very good at team work and getting objectives done.

Are we talking about this, or something different? I think we can agree that in 10 vs 10, the team with more humans will win. We aren't talking about a botwar here, I don't think?

Also, if one team loses over and over, don't talk about how the side that is winning is the harder one. :P

I joined before the vote was passed to turn the bots off and I joined the attacking team. We were having a hard time blowing the first ojbective ( I was the one that finaly got above and used the crane to blow the first door open) . I was barely holding a 50/50 k/d ratio and I was sober. Whining or facts?

Also, you can have a 100% human team against a 100% bot team and still lose depending on the players. Quit instigating trouble bill you butthole... lmao. You werent there.. your starting to resemble obama compaigners. ;) Your facts are coming from the one doing the complaining.

Edited by neurosis, 10 August 2012 - 10:39 PM.

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
BTW, once the votes passed to turn the bots off, my k/d ratio raised to 3 - 1. And we started to win the objectives.

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,034 posts
I get 4 bots for each player at my side and i kill them allllll :2guns:

And I win the map on offence ofcourse :guns2:

Edited by solewu, 11 August 2012 - 08:52 AM.

leaDpoisAn

leaDpoisAn

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 827 posts

I enjoy when being with lots of bots, against mostly humans, to make a fireteam with bots .. and have them guard me.

There is a joke in there somewhere.................

I tried this yesterday and it was interesting when I used V3/2 'lets go' they followed my like lemmings, when I called for a medic or ammo they always tried no matter how difficult to tend to my needs, many died for my cause.

Hey Motion

Hey Motion

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts
The couple of times that I've played on B2 in the last 3-4 days, I've usually ended up on Allies, which means I'm attacking. I don't usually directly play the objective (planting bombs, blowing stuff up). Way I help my team is killing stuff so the others have an easier time. I also noticed on B2 that teams with more humans were on the attacking side (as it should be, more humans on the defending side is just stupid). I tend to gravitate towards the attacking side because I hate camping on defense and there's more action. Oh, and the Thompson > MP40. But, I don't think there's going to be any way to sway Defenders (his name is synonymous with Defense... come on) opinion.

Bean

Bean
  • Tb:1889806

Oh, and the Thompson > MP40.

Really? I thought they were exactly the same in the game, in terms of function.

Hey Motion

Hey Motion

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts
Well, yea. Just personal preference :P In RTCW, the MP40 was statistically better, but in ET they're supposed to be the same.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • Steam:captn3
hence 32 bullets in mp40 and only 30 in thompson.oh the drama that created back in day ..

i love u too neuro...not playing on bbunker .. raises my acc.lol

truthfully tho in the etworld i playing no bot server is ever taking very serious ..more of a place to hang and goof off.like me and gor t do.

Edited by *CapTn*, 14 August 2012 - 03:30 AM.

G0rt

G0rt

Galactic Policeman

• S Moderator
  • 3,613 posts
  • Steam:G0rt2002
  • Server:Bunker #10

hence 32 bullets in mp40 and only 30 in thompson.oh the drama that created back in day ..

i love u too neuro...not playing on bbunker .. raises my acc.lol

truthfully tho in the etworld i playing no bot server is ever taking very serious ..more of a place to hang and goof off.like me and gor t do.

Calling me a goof???

keisko

keisko

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,407 posts
It doesn't matter how many bots defending the objective lol.. I kill all of them :P
Before I join a team, I press the tab button to see teams. If allies have 2 human while axis have only 1, I join to axis.

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
Is there anything that can be put in place that will take in to concideration the number of HUMAN players rather than the over all number of mixed humans and bots and only allow a human to join the team with less humans? That would solve the problem of lopsided humans vs bot teams.... this still will not ensure that the teams are balanced but it would be one less thing to worry about for those that see it as an issue.

The reason my opinion is seemingly uncommited to evening the teams when playing with bots, is that it is difficult enough to even teams when there are NO bots. I especially get confused on B2 because all (that I know of at this point) that can be seen is XP and current kills/deaths.. well that makes it impossible to know which team is better because if some very low skilled player has been sitting around picking bots off he is more than likely not going to do well against a skilled human and yet have a high kill average.

And no offense Defender, I was just giving you a hard time earlier in this thread. I always think that I am being funny after I have had a few beers. ;) I just figured that all of this should have been obvious. Two teams with even human numbers still does not guarantee an even match. In fact, it can become far more lopsided depending on who is on which team ESPECIALLY when bots are involved.

Edited by neurosis, 15 August 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Defender

Defender

• Bunker Members
  • 417 posts
Thanks Neurosis, I was just thinking about this the other day - and behold you raise the idea here. I also wonder, with you, if some one can do a simple setting - so that when humans are joining they would not be allowed intially to go onto the already stacked with humans side.

Regards.