- - - - -

Rules and Settings for B2

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
First of all, the goal is to have fun, the rules are not their to be followed word for word, more as a set of guidelines, which in most cases allow for a fun atmosphere.

General rules
[success='Allowed']
  • Spawnpass AKA go through an enemy spawn, while its not allowed to shoot anybody who spawns and shoots you.
  • Flamethrower, Grenade in capturable spawn
  • Wall-jump, trickplanting, trickjumping
[/success]

[error='Not allowed']
  • Spawncamp AKA shooting from spawn
  • Spawnkill AKA shooting in spawn
  • Panzerfaust, Satchel Pack, Mortar & Rifle grenade in capturable spawn
  • exploit map bugs, like hiding in a wall/pillar, sinking in ground, block doors
[/error]
[info='Infos']
Bots are set to 8 players, disable bots with !nobot, enable again with !bots; if enough players are around, start a vote or ask them in chat...
Admins can also start a botwar, check !help botwar.
  • Use !nobots to turn them off only if players present agree
  • Use !bots to turn them on again if players present agree
  • ALWAYS enable them before you leave, if you are the last one on who can do it.
[/info]
  • Falkes and RELVABRAVO like this

EZFrag

EZFrag

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,753 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Ok, and this is for just B2?

peyote

peyote
yes, this is valid for B2. I changed the title to make it more clear. Should I modify the content?
  • RELVABRAVO likes this

mexx/assassin

mexx/assassin

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 173 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
:) just waiting for the party :D

djbo

djbo

:) just waiting for the party :D

B2 is always a party :)

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,076 posts
Looks good.

and yes

B2 is always a party :)

killjoy

killjoy

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 783 posts
Just suprised no satchel packs and grenade launchers in the capturable spawn -
Using the satchel is just pure skill as far as I'm concerned -
and I've been doing it all the time on King of the Hill :-(

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
Satchel should be allowed only if you trigger it immediately after dropping it. :)

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145
Thank you Pey! :)

The only thing I would change, is disallowing just a few cases, which are simply unfair:
  • Walljump/bypass to obj in a case where defenders still not spawn at obj, because the first defense line of the map is intact. Examples: Jumping over old city wall on Oasis, Bypassing the gate destroyed normally by the tank on Hourglass, walljumping to Fuel Dump before the tank destroyed tunnel gate. However, walljumping when the defenders already spawn there (for ex trickjump to fuel dump when axis already spawn at dump) I think is OK. *
  • Trickplanting dyna in a way that it is impossible, or almost impossible to disarm. Example: planting at Oais guns from the outside (like nade-jumping up there, or being throw there by an arty and surviving), where it is impossible to disarm from the gun room side. However, trickplanting to places that can be accessed by the defenders as well with sum jumping (like on top of Oasis gun, or on top of stairs at Gold rush), should be OK.

* Point is, that if you bypass behind the fight line, nobody will be defending the, because they are defending the first line (city wall, tunnel gate, etc.). They shouldn't be back there yet. That's why the map is designed so that they first spawn at forward defense, and only when that is lost, they spawn back. Bypassing this is technically an exploit. So I have nothing against trickjumping itself, only against map exploiting.

When you do this kind of exploit it is simply unfair to defending team, because they have no chance to stop you. Even if they start running and spawning back, it is probably too late, and even if not, they have to give up the first defense just because of your exploit, which is once again, unfair.

Satchel should be allowed only if you trigger it immediately after dropping it.

I support that idea. Though it can be a bit tricky, when you get the satchel explode and don't know where the covert is/was.

and I've been doing it all the time on King of the Hill :-(

This applies to capturable SPAWN! The flag in King of Hill is NOT a spawn, so you are free to use whatever weapon you like.

Edited by Storm, 30 November 2012 - 05:34 PM.

killjoy

killjoy

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 783 posts
Ah yes your perfectly correct - silly mistake - however - surely the art of capturing a "Capturable" spawn like in Oasis - is to time the attempt to coincide with the spawn times - this makes any weapons except flamers and mortars ineffective ?

peyote

peyote
There are many variants to capture a spawn, and to defend it. Its a bit like chess. Belzebub had a nice way, plant dyna so that it explodes the moment the guys spawn, no need to capture that spawn (good ol days when no spawnprotection existed).

You have to be enganged yourself in combat and near to it, when you fight for a capturable spawn. To prevent people camping somewhere, thats where the rule comes from.
Actually when a engineer with rifle nade runs into a capturable spawn and shoots his nade, that should had been allowed, actually for every weapon. But its difficult to judge, if a player was camping or not.

About bypassing objectives, this is in my opinion one of the reasons I am still sticking with ET. Even if you disallow jumping over the wall, there is the sneaky way with covert ops. That is valid for many maps. If anything we need to modify these maps, and add some visible wall.
IMHO the greatest time in ET for me - Î go covert ops, get a enemy uniform, and change class to engineer after finding some dead engi teammate, and plants dyna at objective.

Maybe with low player count we could think about disallowing these things, but then again we can just choose to disable these maps for low player counts.

Edited by peyote, 02 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Storm

Storm

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 640 posts
  • Steam:stormhun
  • Tb:69145
Well, it is not by accident that almost ALL of these maps have a version where the door cannot be opened by covert ops. :P SO probably others think the same way too. I personally would say that coverting through is just as unfair in the terms of breaking map balance and flow.

But... I have to admit, the covert way actually requires much more effort, also luck, plus, TEAMWORK. With the jumping however, a lonely engy can quickly jump over without anyone having a chance to stop him. The covert needs to make it to the door, and the engy he lets in also. But the jumping engy ha a fairly good chance of going unnoticed while the defenders are busy defending the flag.

I rarely ever seen the city wall being bypassed with the covert method, probably 2-3 times in my life, LOL! So isn't a big issue. But whenever DJ is on, someone ALWAYS tries to jump over. Always.

About map modification, well, I agree it is a more practical solution. But anyone can, and is willing to do it? I'm too busy with life now to start learning ET mapmaking *.

* (And I already made too many promises I didn't keep... sadly, I'm kinda fucked up in a sense that I tend to promise something, because I really want to help, but I just don't have the energy to do it and I end up feeling an asshole about it. Sorry.)

peyote

peyote
Most of these modifications have been made for competitions, where 6vs6 is max. But yes nowadays we have mostly around 12 players.

Someday I will install the map making tools again, and produce some stuff.. till then maybe Jecoliah or Mongo can change those things. But its probably not as simple as just "raising" the wall, and click compile.

Storm you mention map balance and flow, I believe that is what makes enemy-territory such a great game. The tension that someone can sneak behind enemy lines is just wonderful. However I think it is to easy to jump over the oasis wall with low players, once you have the tj skills, its part of your movement - and it becomes easy to get over that wall.

In mlb-daybreak you could for example skip all objectives and go directly to last gate and blow that. But that was never intended by the map makers, the map flow did really break cause of the mapscript, and due to respawn times it was almost impossible to defuse that dyna. There I add invisible walls and stuff, but there had already been invisible walls - blocking it partially.

soccerkill

soccerkill
  • Xfire:Soccerkillnl
  • Tb:177277
  • Discord:Soccerkill #6972
  • Server:Bunker #4
Tj for the win :D i always try to tj over in oasis but the enemy always knows that i'm doing that or other people's easy to stop them :) just set some one on the top there and no one can pass by :)