8 replies to this topic

Wolverine

Wolverine

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,511 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats
My old mouse could easily accept binds for MOUSE4 which would change to weapon bank 6 (medipacks) when pressed and revert to weapon bank 3 when released. I have now been forced to buy a logitech g400 mouse as my old mouse decided enough was enough but the binds do not work. I can edit the MOUSE4 button to change to weapon bank 6 but have no idea how to revert it back again. There is a scripting section which uses Lua I believe but the commands are well beyond my limited scripting abilities. Is there any scripting guru who can take me step by step through the process of setting a command for Mouse4 to change to medipacks and back to main weapon on release?

Thanks

Wolve

mexx/assassin

mexx/assassin

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 173 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Don't know of this can help you :
bind 1 "weaponbank 1; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 2 "weaponbank 2; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 3 "weaponbank 3; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 4 "weaponbank 4; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 5 "weaponbank 5; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 6 "weaponbank 6; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 7 "weaponbank 7; cg_drawgun 1"
bind 8 "weaponbank 8; cg_drawgun 1"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "weaponbank 3"
bind Mouse3 "weaponbank 5"
bind Mouse5 "weaponbank 6"

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
I'm considering replacing my mouse with the G400. Only question I have is: does it have a good lip on both sides (left and right) of the mouse? I like to grip the mouse with my thumb and third finger. The Logitech G5 has a little ridge on each side of the mouse that I can hang onto. (But I gotta replace it because the cord keeps shorting out or something.)

Also -- I'd think the same CFG would work just fine if all you replaced was the mouse. Unless the MOUSE4 button means something different -- or maybe you need a driver to activate it? What if you go into the main menu, and try confirming what MOUSE4 really is?

If you know for sure MOUSE4 is ok, but for some reason your config is messed up, this should do what you want, I think:

In Console:
\seta onmedpack "weaponbank 5"
\seta offmedpack "weaponbank 3"
\bind MOUSE4 "+vstr onmedpack offmedpack"

Or In a Config File:
seta onmedpack "weaponbank 5"
seta offmedpack "weaponbank 3"
bind MOUSE4 "+vstr onmedpack offmedpack"

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
Be careful with the G400 Bill.

The chord likes to come loose inside of the mouse. It doesnt take much pressure.

Ive had to replace two of them over the last few months. They have an outstanding warranty though. They will replace them no questions asked. It is a pain in the ass to deal with however.

peyote

peyote
I broke many G5 mice from logitech, always the cable.. Yeah warranty, if I had kept everything.. lol.

This mouse is next on m ylist:
http://shop.steelser...sensei-raw.html
The rubber version...

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
Ya,

I went through three mx518's in one year. I decided to upgrade (i thought) to the g400. I like the g400 but they are very prone to cable issues.

I replaced my g400 with a mionix but I dont like the design . I like the mx518/g400 style much better so I am using my last replacement g400 and trying to take it easy on it. I am very hard on mice.

Falkes

Falkes
  • Tb:30445
  • Discord:Falkes#6861
  • Server:Bunker #4
I changed my mouse 2 times in 8 years always by the same. mx518 is definitely the best mouse I never used

djbo

djbo
Trackpad rules, just lousy aiming :)

Bill

Bill

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 540 posts
I think I just need to leave some slack cable on the desk and it will be fine. Otherwise it hangs off the edge, and the cable is strained every time I pull the mouse back. Right now I've got the G5 cable looped back and set my keyboard on it, and it has been fine ever since.

So maybe I don't need a new mouse after all. :)