:read:

Total Posts: 294,876

Total Members: 4,634

Newest Member: Urbano

Most Online: 194

Spammers Stopped: 27,440

The_Bean_Files.jpg

The Start of the Second World War, September 1939

The publication date of this month's Bunker Times coincides almost exactly with the 74th anniversary of the start of the Second World War - the global conflict that's the background to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. We at The Bean Files feel this should be commemorated.

On September 1, 1939 Germany flexed its military might by invading Poland. Below is a modified ET map showing, with red arrows, the location of that invasion. It was the last straw for the Western Allies (Britain and France). They had been a silent audience to Hitler's militarization of Germany since he gained power in the early 1930s. After several years of ignoring or appeasing the moustached one, they decided to declare war a couple days after his armies crossed into Poland. Canada declared war a week later. The world's most significant and devastating conflict had begun.

1939_zps413501e8.jpg

While this is an important historical milestone for our game, it should be noted that Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory depicts its Allied soldiers in American uniforms and helmets. The United States did not enter the war until December 1941 and its infantry first put boots on the battlefield the next year. So, really, the game's warfare depicts the late war (1942-1945) period.

Below is a Splash Damage screenshot that shows off the details of ET's Allied soldier uniform. The desert surroundings (Siwa Oasis map) also demonstrate the theatre of operations where the United States army first deployed in force against the Germans: North Africa.

de299741c8fa18a724609c37a4f2443d_zps7215

The United States army fought through North Africa in 1942 and 1943. Then, it continued its fight against the Axis in Italy, northwest Europe, and then finally in Germany itself.

Zwarte_zps3fbaf7a0.jpg

Q: Bunker players know you as Zwarte <3.  What is your real name, how old are you, and where do you live?

A: My name is Justin and I’m 22 years old. I live in Zwolle, The Netherlands. It’s a lively city with a population of more than 120,000.

Me_zpsab053dcf.jpg

AsmallimpressionofZwolle_zpsf18b69aa.jpg

Q: Are you working or going to school or both?

A: I’m following a training at the Dutch Police Academy. This training last three years and then I become a head officer. I have completed my first 2 years and I’m now in my final year to graduate. The training is like 3 months school and 3 months practical work, then it starts over again with 3 months school. This will last for three years. When I have practical work, my job is to do the daily activities as an officer where you have to deal with the situations that are coming by. They vary between a car accident or a liquidation / suicide. It’s something that I always wanted to be when I was a child.

Action_zps74dd836d.jpg

Q: Are you living on your own or still at home?

A: I live at my mom’s house. I have plans to leave my parental house, but first I want to finish my training.

Q: Tell us about your family.  Do you have brothers and sisters?

A: My parents are divorced. Like I said, I live at my mom’s house. I have an older brother (26) and a sister (30). Both already left the parental house.

Meandmysister_zpscd8631b8.jpg

Q: Do you have a girlfriend and does she play Wolfenstein ET?

A: I have a girlfriend for 3 years now. She doesn’t play Wolfenstein ET. She’s more into fashion and other stuff like most women.

Meandmygirlfriend_zpsd862df42.jpg

Q: Do you own a vehicle and if yes, what is it?

A: A Nissan Sunny. It’s from 1995, but it still runs perfect.

Q: When and how did you discover Wolfenstein ET?

A: My friends from my football (soccer) team introduced me with Wolfenstein ET. I think it was in 2007.

Mewithsomefriends_zpsbb08dff9.jpg

Friends

Q: How did you learn about the Bunker community?

A: In 2008 I came in contact with a Bunker server. I thought it was B4. Most people know me from B4, but since a year now I’m also a lot active on B1

Q: Do you have a favorite class of soldier you like to play?

A: My favorite class is medic.

Q: What are your favorite maps?

A: Adlernest, Siwa Oasis, Supply, Braundorf, Frostbite and Millenium Falcon.

Q: How often do you play Wolfenstein ET and do you play on servers other than the Bunker servers?

A: I play 2/3 times a week on the bunker servers. I don’t play on other servers. The other servers don’t have that family feeling. That’s what I like on Bunker servers.

Q: Which of the Bunker servers do you like the best and why?

A: B4 and B1 are my favorite servers. I like them both equally.

Q: The current group of Bunker admins are trying very hard to make the gaming experience on the Bunker servers attractive to players who’ve lost a home server.  Do you think it’s working?

A: I think it’s working very well. The amount of players that joined one of our servers for the first time are still on / or coming back to us.

Q: What else should we be doing?

A: I think it’s fine how things are right now. If I was a new dude and I first joined a bunker server. I want to have fun when I’m playing + people that are skilled to duel with.

Q: Do you play any other video games?  Name some.

A: I have a Playstation 3. The reason I bought it is play FIFA on it.

Q: Do you think you’ll always have an interest in playing Wolfenstein ET?

A: I can’t take a look in the future but since I’ve been playing Wolfenstein ET since 2007, I say yes.

Q: Do any of your friends play Wolfenstein ET?

A: No, they are more into new games like Call Of Duty, FIFA and GTA.

Q: Have you met any members of the Bunker gaming community?

A: No

Q: If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be?

A: The Maldives.

Q: Have you traveled much outside of The Netherlands?

A: I traveled to some countries: Germany, Belgian, France, Spain, Poland and Turkey.

Q: Do you have any interests other than on-line gaming like sports?

A: Since a young child I´ve played football (Soccer). A year ago I quit playing football because of my school and 3 years ago I suffered a major injury to my knee. Because of my injury I don’t want to take the risk to have it again. I had to follow 2 years physiotherapy to get my knee back in shape. My knee is now working as it did before and I don’t suffer pain anymore. I also love to support my hometown football club PEC Zwolle and the biggest football club in Holland, AJAX Amsterdam.

Meafterscoringanepicgoal_zps919701db.jpg

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to say that I haven’t already asked you about?

A: No, I think the other members know me a little bit more now.

Regards,

Justin (Zwarte <3)

Edited by Snoid, 31 August 2013 - 04:26 PM.

• Falkes and ledzeppelin like this

ontheqt

ontheqt

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 584 posts
  • Xfire:shrikester
  • Server:Bunker #1
Click to view battle stats

My eyes must be getting old.  I don't see any content.

Sakura

Sakura
  • Steam:SakuraHaruno22

You are not the only one QT. There is no content for this issue quite yet. I think Snoid had a brain fart. ;)

EDIT: I retract what I said. It's great to meet Zwarte more since I've been playing with him for quite a while. Nice issue and a great read as always. Thank you Bean, Snoid and Zwarte! 

Edited by Sakura, 31 August 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Snoid

Snoid

lol... try again.  As I build the post I always "Preview Post" several times before posting the whole thing.  I've never had a problem with that but this time it "Posted" instead of just "Previewing."  I probably did it... just list it as "operator error"... lol...

ontheqt

ontheqt

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 584 posts
  • Xfire:shrikester

Much better.   Great articles!

I think Zwarte needs an ET handicap.   Maybe make him spawn with only 20 HP.  Oh never mind, he'd kill me anyway.

• Bean and Zwarte like this

killjoy

killjoy

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 783 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2

Nice - Thanks for Sharing - & yes I concur - give Zwarte a Handicap :-)

FUG!T!V3

FUG!T!V3

Nice to meet you Zwarte! And yet another interesting issue of the Bunker times! Hats off to Snoid & Bean & Zwarte!

soccerkill

soccerkill
  • Xfire:Soccerkillnl
  • Tb:177277
  • Discord:Soccerkill #6972
  • Server:Bunker #4

he's from the cop !! watch out! 

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Is that a photo of Zwart and his friends or a picture from the MTV show "the jersey shore"  lmao.  ;)

• Brew likes this

thestig

thestig

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,837 posts
  • Steam:TheStigNL
  • Discord:thestignl
  • Server:Bunker #2

Ajax Amsterdam!!!

http://ajax.aegon.nl...lp 1024x768.jpg

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 285 posts
  • Tb:4337191

he's from the cop !! watch out! 

He watches you for some reasons, that's why ;)

Thanks for the latest BT :)

soccerkill

soccerkill
  • Xfire:Soccerkillnl
  • Tb:177277
  • Discord:Soccerkill #6972

1-1 :D

Zwarte

Zwarte

Making Friends