So tested it again.. d'oh should test this with players.. lol.
- The wooden bridge, forgot to check that the first time, I don't know how it affects gameplay - but from visual I can tell.
It looks like its gona fall down any moment, the planks are a bit short on both sides, and there is nothing holding them.
Overall in that area I noticed, it is somehow difficult to know where you can go up on a roof and where not. I remember the first time I played capuzzo I was trying to find where to go up. Somehow I ended up sneaking past the enemy, and go up on axis side as allies. Cause there where to many of them camping our ways up, snipers amongst other sharpshooters.
Maybe if every house had a ladder up on some side?
As said I have not really a clue about the gameplay, have not played it enough - its more guessing.
- For the timelimit, first off, check if the someone has modified the time, and if so - don't do anything to it. Like if serveradmin has increased the timelimit in half of the map out of some reason. For example on bunker 2 its possible to vote the timelimit.
Then the total timelimit is 30mins. 10 +5 +5 +5 +5. Basically 5 different timelimits, and for each you can loose. Thats a lot of pressure/stress. I would go with a max of 3 or 2 parts. For 2 parts, starting with 15/10mins. If the team gets past the first tank barrier, +15/20mins.
And for 3 parts, starting with 10, and +10 after first tank barrier, and again +10 after blowing up first plane.
Overall, I dislike this timing stuff, if a team gets stuck - it either indicates uneven teams, or bad map design.
We made this for Minas Tirith, a total of 60mins, and for each gate +10 - but yeah that map I had say is a bad design. Mostly only one way to go.
- Radio timings, 30 sec is ok, just like a dyna, its seems even easier then dyna - since you can 'instantly' defuse it. On the other hand, ways are long from spawn, and getting up there inside then room is also a troublesome way. So maybe 30sec might be to short, if compared to defusing a dyna.
- The Radio itself, is a little strange (using etmain mod), I had difficulties getting the button pressed; while it actually showed a hand all the time, it didnt work, seems like I have to be in a precise location to get it working.
- There are 3 axis spawns at last stage, in hangar at garage and one in a house. Its a bit much, and the garage spawn is on the way where allies come, and probably get in to get ammo and stuff. Seems not so fair for either side. If sk is allowed, then thats a strange spot. And if sk isnt allowed then yeah.. it happens anyway.
There is the building with the antenna and in front, there is where I thought axis can only spawn, maybe have there different options inside the house to spawn?
- Lastly it seems to me that doors are really troublesome. When there are multiple ways for the same place, and one of them is through doors - ok. But if the only way in/out is through doors - that is strange. It breaks fluidity, and its also what makes it really hard to get inside that radio room.
I had once made a mapscript for mlb_hotchkiss, which simply removed all doors, and I still think that map plays much better without doors. One might think axis can attack now the spawns of allies and such, but the truth is you get better out from spawn, since you can see airstrike and all, and run better out. It seemed more 'fun' overall.