Download ATLauncher over here http://www.atlauncher.com/download/
Then add your account, click on show private packs; and SkyRoot should show up. If not I need to whitelist you on ATLauncher. (Need to whitelist for server and that launcher separately.).
This is a very nice way to install the stuff required for my server.
Also I will be updating this, so if I change something on server - this pack will also be updated.
Lastly I am going to add all the optional mods which could be usefull like Optifine and such.
If you want to use TabbyChat or Worldedit CUI, you need LiteLoader, else you can stick to forge.
- You must run the game with the target version at least once before you start.
- Download for Windows (exe) or all other platforms (jar) .
- Close the Minecraft launcher and the game if it is running
- Run the installer, if your minecraft installation is not automatically detected then select your .minecraft folder by clicking "..."
- Select Chain to Forge (dont select modloader) in the additional Tweaks (hint: to change these at a later date simply run the installer again)
- Click OK to create the profile
- A message should indicate that the installation was successful
- Insert the mods downloaded into .minecraft/mods/
- Start the minecraft launcher and choose the "LiteLoader" profile.
Now once Litemod is ready with Forge, you need the following 2 mods (Aether not anymore) Mystcraft and Thaumcraft, download them and put em in .minecraft/mods folder. Same for all the optional mods, for the litemod's take extra care that there filename ends in *.litemod and not *.zip.
cropped-Screen-shot-2012-07-16-at-23.png 165.53KB 0 downloads
2012-04-13_07.46.29.png 288.81KB 0 downloads
ucQRxwR.png 210.78KB 0 downloads
mystcraft.png 21.79KB 0 downloads
These mods are not required to play on SkyRoot, but they offer nice additions.
damageindicators.jpg 39.49KB 0 downloads
Emdvi.png 346.21KB 0 downloads
Edited by peyote, 15 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.