*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,923 posts
  • Steam:captn3
  • Server:Bunker #1
Click to view battle stats

i have had horrible lag on test server.

my ping started out first nite at 57 to 72 now it hangs around 115 to 130 i tested few things ..i let you all know what i find.

is the test server dedicated to only et.? and sneak did you just say i can host my own et server for 30 a month that gives me a good ping well then hook me up with the info needed.plz

Edited by *CapTn*, 30 December 2013 - 12:16 AM.

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,775 posts

He already kinda did Cap.

You can set up a per player server (30 players) on NFO for $29 per month.  More if you want more players and less if you want less.

Or a dedicated server on OVH (with limitations) for the same price.  

http://www.ovh.com/c...servers/pe1.xml

sneak

sneak

-

• Cheater
  • 168 posts
  • Server:Unselected

i have had horrible lag on test server.

my ping started out first nite at 57 to 72 now it hangs around 115 to 130 i tested few things ..i let you all know what i find.

is the test server dedicated to only et.? and sneak did you just say i can host my own et server for 30 a month that gives me a good ping well then hook me up with the info needed.plz

On NFOServers you can get what's called a "VDS" which is sort-of a hybrid between a VPS and a dedicated server. You get dedicated chunks of hardware and root access, everything is just like a dedicated but you only get 100% of "n" cores and 100% of "n" RAM and hard drive space. You are technically still on the same server but as long as the host doesn't put too much on one physical machine it's fine. It runs on HVM Xen and it does an excellent job. We've run several servers (even with bots) and even had about 50-55 players across the servers online at one time without an issue (using the 3 core VDS).

NFO also provides fully dedicated servers, but they are beast servers made for massively populated BF4 servers and stuff like that, games and communities much more popular and power hungry than ET. They do have slot-by-slot pricing as neuro said (30 slots $30), but this isn't the way to go in bunker's case since you want a 64 slot server. The best bet is a 1-2 core VDS. You can upgrade or downgrade the VDS whenever, without changing IPs. It will require them to shut it off for about 1 minute to make the adjustment because these aren't VPSs where everything is shared in the same pool.

NFO has been around a while, and they're very helpful if you ever need any support. You can contact them via your account control panel, the forum, or IRC

65bXK.png

OVH would give you the option of a fully dedicated server (not as beastly as the NFO ones, but still more than enough for ET) at the low pries of $30+. OVH just put this datacenter up in 2012 (early 2012, I think) in Canada but they've been around for a while. They are the largest host in Europe and known for their extremely low prices, and now for the included DDoS protection. You'd expect a company with French Canadian support agents to be rude but I've called OVH Canada a few times and was very surprised with how polite the French dude on the other side of the line was.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

thx guys.

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts
Someone needs to access the FTP and fix some issues on the current server. The maps are in need of changing and the server kicks everyone on Fuel Dump when server is moderately populated.

I beleive it was "max-characters exceeded" is what the kick for everyone was. At least two times it occurred. I beleive Snoid had a massive lag he complained about during a map. Not sure if the skins have an effect on it, but the server had a lot of players when both kicks happen.

Edited by peyote, 01 January 2014 - 03:10 AM.
fixed the post

sneak

sneak

-

• Cheater
  • 168 posts
MAX GAMESTATE CHARS EXCEEDED, afaik something to do with certain custom maps being made poorly with a combination of alot of activity at once on the server.

Snoid

Snoid

I've had some issues with lag on the test server.  Tonight I saw my ping go from a low of about 50 to a peak of 630.  The average was about 250 to 300.  It was very difficult playing... with my skill level it was impossible to play.  Below is a trace route I did to the test server.  I don't know what that information tells us... but I figure you can do that.

I will also investigate whether there are any rogue programs demanding a lot from my central processor.  I had an issue with that about four years ago until I deleted a program. 

I'll watch this thread to see if this helps you... and ultimately me.  If I continue to have these spikes up to 630... I'm not sure what I'll do... sigh...

C:\Users\Snoid>tracert 209.222.2.82

Tracing route to krumlauf.net [209.222.2.82]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1

2    57 ms    47 ms    63 ms  10.131.152.1

3     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  acr01beltwi-tge-0-2-0-1.belt.wi.charter.com [96.

34.22.28]

4    69 ms    81 ms    63 ms  crr01ftbgwi-tge-0-3-0-4.ftbg.wi.charter.com [96.

34.18.228]

5    93 ms    84 ms    92 ms  crr01euclwi-bue-1.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.16.

77]

6    21 ms    22 ms    23 ms  bbr01euclwi-bue-4.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.2.4

]

7    87 ms    89 ms    78 ms  bbr02euclwi-bue-5.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.0.7

]

8    80 ms    78 ms    75 ms  bbr01chcgil-bue-1.chcg.il.charter.com [96.34.0.9

]

9    28 ms    25 ms    24 ms  prr01chcgil-bue-2.chcg.il.charter.com [96.34.3.9

]

10     *       38 ms    27 ms  ae14.ar1.ord1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.111.113]

11    76 ms    73 ms    83 ms  ae1-40g.cr1.ord1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.111.133]

12    53 ms    47 ms    57 ms  xe-5-3-0.cr1.ewr1.us.nlayer.net [69.22.142.75]

13    67 ms    56 ms    52 ms  ae1-70g.ar2.ewr1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.94.118]

14   103 ms   101 ms   109 ms  as20473.ae2.ar2.ewr1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.34.210

]

15    52 ms    56 ms    45 ms  ethernet1-2-1-c8-19-b2-1-SA.pnj1.choopa.net [108

.61.30.138]

16    78 ms    50 ms    45 ms  krumlauf.net [209.222.2.82]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Snoid>

sneak

sneak

-

• Cheater
  • 168 posts
It's interesting how the problems appear to be near the host but not everyone has them, wonder why that is..

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,775 posts

Its possible that it similar the the issues we had on the last server.

Most everyone that were having issues were on comcast.  I'd be curious to know if everyone having similar issues this time are also comcast customers.

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

Peyote is going to run a cfg tomrrow via rcon to exclued the Christmas maps and to skip the fueldump map.

Sudd3n is going to be looking into an Alternative solution for B1 in about 10-15 days.

So, we will have only rcon access for awhile.

Again, Players Please be Patient until this gets sorted out.

Jec

Snoid

Snoid

I checked central processor usage and I didn't see any unusually high usage by any of the programs... so my lag issue has to be something else.

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2

We got access to test server now :) xmas removed so far. Some cleaned up is probably also taking place soon.

Thanks to Zozz for this intermediate solution, till Sudd3n comes up with a definite one!

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

Yes, have access now, i did do a clean up as Peyote suggested, i will be updating the campaign later today, with the Christmas stuff removed we should not be getting the Max Chars Error anymore unless we get 40+ peeps on the server on the Venice map. (know issue with that map)

We will have to wait to find out if/when B1 will find a Perm home but for now B1 has a temp home on Zozz's server.

Jec

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

the 100% packet loss hops are back .

does zozz live in germany.?

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2

the 100% packet loss hops are back .

does zozz live in germany.?

trying to be funny?

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

kinda lol

why did it make you laugh.

Zozz

Zozz

No, I live in Ohio - like my location on the left states.  ;)

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

Choopa's network is pretty solid and even during hurricane storm they had enough power to keep their servers up for next 2 days. Just make sure server is directly hosted with choopa and not with 3rd party company sub leasing BW from Choopa.

Duji

Duji

On The Road To Success

• Members
  • 226 posts

Holy shit Zozz is still active in this community? lol

Snoid

Snoid

My game experience has been better overall with the new silent mod.  I know the settings have been set pretty close to those of the old B1 pub mod but the gravity setting on the current panzerfest map needs to be lowered (less gravity).  When I try to launch I barely reach 1/4 of the possible height and when there are better players than me on (I'm dead quickly)... I can't get enough lift to get any higher.  On the old server I was able to get as high as possible on just one launch.  Everything else is close and I can readjust my play to fit.  I know that jumping higher from boxes will get me higher... but I'm killed when I land on something and can't jump any higher.

Edited by Snoid, 03 February 2014 - 03:44 AM.