I combed over every single cvar and below are the only things that i changed, everything else was the same as the old B1 Pub config...
//set g_warningOptions 29 // Options 1,4,8,16
set g_warningOptions 0 // Jeco, Turned off due to Players always joking with each other doing example: !warn jec stop killing me 2/9/2014
set g_maxIgnoresPerMap 256 // Jeco 2/9/2014 added, was missing, 256 unlimited ignores.
set g_realHead 1 // Jeco 2/9/2014 added, was missing, test (this setting was absent from the config and when i tested the value on the server it returned no value at all, so now it is enabled and returns a value, per docs this option was removed and is always supposed to be enabled so adding this may make no difference at all)
//set g_poison 15 // Options 1,2,4,8
//set g_poisonFlags 7 <---- was the problem
set g_poison 15 // Jeco 2014
set g_poisonFlags 15 // Jeco was 7 i set to 15 2/9/2014 Options 1,2,4,8 <------ should work correctly now
set g_dropHealth -1 // Jeco, was 3, set to -1 to match pub
set g_dropAmmo -1 // Jeco, was 2, set to -1 to match pub
//set g_asblock 0 // Options 1,2,16,32
set g_asblock 59 // Options 1,2,8,16,32 Jeco ^ was set to 0
set g_panzersVulnerable 1 // Jeco changed to match pub setting 2/9/2014
//set g_spreeOptions 3839 // Options 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,512,1024,2048
set g_spreeOptions 2815 // Jeco, 2815 matches pub setting 2/9/2014
set g_maxMarkers 0 // Jeco turned off to match pub 2/9/2014
g_unevenTeamDiff 2 // Jeco added, good for reminding players to even up teams 2/9/2014
g_unevenTeamFreq 30 // Jeco ^
So as you can see, nothing major was changed by me as all other settings are already correct or match B1 pub settings.
As far as g_knockback, i will get on the server tonight and we will play with that setting and you guys can tell me when it feels right.
I am not sure why this is different in silEnT then Pub as the value is 1000 for both but we will try different values tonight.
- Adrenaline damage is same as pub %50, i do not know why anybody feels it is different, some proof of this is required as the setting is the same as in B1 pub settings.
- Prown delay is disabled, i don't know what Prownd is compalining about, i can't tell any difference myself.
set g_proneDelay 0
- Spawn timers are the same as in pub, each one is set in the mapconfigs for each map individually. (so no change, not sure why anybody thinks there is)
- Levels are gained at the Same Rate as in B1 pubs settings, i am not sure why anobody thinks this is different.
So, about the hitboxes, here is the documentation...
If server admin sets this, the player hitboxes are adjusted smaller
and harder to hit. Value 0 corresponds to the hitboxes used up to
0 Hitboxes used up to 0.5.0
1 Use smaller hitboxes
Minimum required version: 0.5.1
^We have g_realBody set to 1 (enabled).
Enable ETPro headboxes.
0 Regular headbox positions.
1 Server tracks the animations so the headbox will match the playermodels exactly. This is the recommended value.
This code was originally from ETPro (b_realhead). It was contributed by zinx and added to ETPub by forty. silEnT is based on the ETPub source and this code has not been altered from the ETPub.
- 0.5.1 - The option was removed. The ETPro headboxes are always used.
^I tested this and it "can" be set to value of 0 (or at least when i change it and test the value on the server it returns a value of 0), so if this needs to be turned off i believe we can however this was enabled in B1 pub settings.
Other settings that would be of interest and their values which match B1 pub settings...
set g_fixedphysics 1
set g_fixedphysicsfps 125
set g_antilag 1
set g_antilagDelay 0
set g_antiwarp 1
set g_maxWarp 5
set g_skipCorrection 1
So below are the things that i believe can not be changed in the silEnT mod...
- Throwing nades out of the water can not be changed as far as i know.
- Knife action (damage and delay are already fixed but the actual action can not be changed).
- The collison boxes that would allow (in pub) to go through some tight spaces can not be done in silEnT.
- Switching weapons is reported as being slower, this must be a silEnT issue, it is not adjustable as far as i know.
- Spotting mines is the same "setting" as in Pub however, the distance mines can be spotted must be a silEnT issue that can not be adjusted and the report of a 5 sec delay before it is reported in chat is not something that can be adjusted as far as i know.
- The 3-4 second delay reported when firing a panzer must be a silEnT issue as i do not know of any adjustment for this (this may have to do with what level heavy weapons you are though).
- Side to Side slow movement reported, must be a silEnT issue, i do not know of any way to adjust.
If you all have any other issues not addressed here then please post about them and also if any of you have a resolution to the above issues then please post about it here as well.
I did a through investigation of all the cvar's and all the issues reported so the above list "is" what we can not change in silEnT so you all can decide if you want to keep silEnT or go back to Pub based on this information (unless any resolutions can be made after this post).
Other then that is there anything else that needs to be addressed?
Edited by Jecoliah, 12 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.