• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Brew

Brew

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Members
  • 331 posts
Click to view battle stats

it could be youd have to adjust values based on the problems, not sure but I don't think the pub values will do the same as in silent

• ontheqt likes this

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1

Was on the server tonight and changed the g_knockback to 800 (1000 is default).

Players seemed to like it.

I changed it in the b1defaults.cfg to 800 so check it out over the next few days and post here about it.

If it still needs adjusting i can change it again.

Test it out on the B1 server and Opinions please!

Jec

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

It definitely felt better. 

The kick back on Silent feels different than it did on pub.  Maybe its just my imagination. I made the comparison last night to the difference in earthquakes.  Pub is a sharp jolting earthquake and Silent is slow rolling.  So the kick affects you more in Silent.

I really like Silent much better than pub when my ping is normal. Most of these annoyances that we have been finding are becoming trivial to me. The only thing that I really dislike and will probably never get over is the mine spotting distance for classes other than Covert.

When you are playing a map with low number (3vs3 or so) you dont really have the convenience of using a covert to continually spot mines.  You need that body to use a class that can focus on the objective. It can become impossible to reach the objective when the other team continually plasters mine all over the place. cough QT cough.   Since nobody can spot the mines until they get a few feet from them you just end up getting slaughtered over and over and over.

ontheqt

ontheqt

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 584 posts
  • Xfire:shrikester
Can we increase the number of landmines to 50 please? I'm gonna rock this new mod!

<IoW> BECK

<IoW> BECK

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 40 posts

neuro - I can tell you the silent devs are very into teamwork and using the specialties of the class.  That is why covies still have full spotting distance, and everyone else needs to be closer.  Its just their philosophy that still gives that full ability to a class to encourage people to play other classes more instead of just medics and engies.   I understand what you mean, not always convienient or plausable to dedicate a player to covie just to spot mines, but it adds a bit of "realism" (and yes that is in quotes) if you think about someone being trained to spot mines verses a seasoned veteran that can spot them up close.

• Snoid and Bean like this

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Ive read the mygamingtalk forum and have seen their arguments supporting their "philosophy", but taking the control away from server administrators by removing settings and forcing their philosophy in this way is what will probably lead to us shit canning their mod unfortunately. 

I really do like a lot of things about silent, but it will be a hard sell to those that do not agree with their philosophy.  :) 

• kael likes this

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  • Steam:captn3

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Isaac_Newton

this is a good read.lol :laser:

Red

Red

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 208 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

The stamina bar feels a bit off, if you hold it down while running the usage is pretty close to how pub feels but when you "jump" it goes way down. To me It feels like it goes down a little more/faster than pub "when jumping".

Placing landmine feels slower than pub, the time it takes to drop the mine, switch to pliers and make it active definitely feels slow to me.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

switching weapons or to kneedle or knife  or pliers is way slower.

overal speed of player movement is faster than it should be..

anti lag doesnt work right.

takes to long to heal ateamate .. almost isnt worth it.

and why is hs box like thatis stupid..

if some ones behind something and only there head is out .. you get a body shot ..  doesnt make sense.  hs box is lower than in pub. and it complete y  disapears in some positions of the player model.

red stamina has always went down faster in a jump....are you testing this on a dj map?

i haave also noticed jeco some of these maps arent the good version..  they are messed up people are complaining of  major fps loss.

also i dont know if its server or what but it laggs alot....alot.

kael

kael

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 270 posts

I liked super knife, when it was still enabled. :yahoo:

Talk about flipping it..... :laugh2:

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Some very good points here.

The antilag seems pitiful.  When my connection is stable hits register very well. When its not, I cant hit shit even when my crosshair is right on who I am shooting at.  I dont know how Bruce Wayne does so well with his 250 ping.

I really like the hit boxes way better than pub so I wont get in to that. When im not lagging I can hold above 40% accuracy easily with a good percentage of head shots.

The only one that Ive seen complaining about fps has been QT on Radar. Are others having issues as well? I dont seen any problems with FPS until I start lagging.

switching weapons or to kneedle or knife  or pliers is way slower.

overal speed of player movement is faster than it should be..

anti lag doesnt work right.

takes to long to heal ateamate .. almost isnt worth it.

and why is hs box like thatis stupid..

if some ones behind something and only there head is out .. you get a body shot ..  doesnt make sense.  hs box is lower than in pub. and it complete y  disapears in some positions of the player model.

red stamina has always went down faster in a jump....are you testing this on a dj map?

i haave also noticed jeco some of these maps arent the good version..  they are messed up people are complaining of  major fps loss.

also i dont know if its server or what but it laggs alot....alot.

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

I also see that the Silent anti cheat has already banned someone.  ;)   Does it leave some kind of log entry that explains why they were banned?

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,076 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2

I also think it takes time if you're going to plant a mine like Red say. Thought it was my high ping / lag but apparently other experience the problem too.
No big problem if it is a mod thing, but I think in that case that the mines should have more power in order to stop a vehicle or kill a player easier with mines.

Can not say if the power is the same now as the old pub but if it takes longer, it's harder to defend if you are not so many on the server that can prepare mines.

This happened last night when Bill was alone against 5 players and I and QT changed team so that it became 3 vs 4 player on the Glider map.
Irony! Thanks to everyone else who did not bother to check the team and change.

At B2, we have changed the mod a number of times even on other Bunker servers and I'm happy every time because there are people who are working hard to make it work. Thanks to you all.
We must give Silent a chance even if it takes a little time.
I've had problems with the button for the Command map on B2. It is reset to some default setting instead of the one I want on Nitmod ewery time i join and also on map change and the problem I have had since June 2012 when B2 went from Silent to Nitmod. Sure, it can be Irritant but I are out there to have some fun while playing and i can change in option.

I use "n" key and that is for some stat thing on Nitmod that i do not care about.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

bind a key to command map problem solved....

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,076 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2

Then I must have a special .cfg i will load and I have not. It does not work to bind a key to the default profile in the mode's .cfg for it resets  to a default that is Nitmod stats.

Every time i change in option i set it to the key i want and that change is in mod profile .cfg.

Red

Red

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 208 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

Yea like Mongo said, Sakura walked over 3 of my mines and lived. lol The strength is less than pub was.

I have the same problem with the n key Mongo I asked pey about it he said thats the way it is, so I to have to rebind that key every time I join B2.

Edited by Red, 15 February 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

I also see that the Silent anti cheat has already banned someone.  ;)   Does it leave some kind of log entry that explains why they were banned?

2014-02-13 21:09:37 ACR: Player proset silEnT GUID (2E9A8ED51760E191C913************) IP (70.55.**.***) banned for detected game hack

Jec

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

I want to remind you guys that this is currently a temp server.

I know we are having some lag issues but please know that it is going to be a couple of months before Sudd3n and Zozz sort out what is going to happen to B1.

In the meantime we have to deal with the current server situation.

Just wanted to keep you guys updated and if anything changes we will let y'all know.

Jec

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

well i hope they dont kick us to the way side of life..

i mean if they dont want the responsibility anymore i hope we get a fair notice..

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Question I tried to Print Screen and when I open paint I get only a grey screen. Not what I took a pix of. Is there a setting or something or the config won't allow it.