69 replies to this topic

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1
Click to view battle stats

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  My xp already reset!  ;)

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 409 posts

Mine is still there~!  Not sure why yours reset...Bummer

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

Settings seem to be good, always a challenge to get to the next level...Why max out in an hour on a level, keeps you playing there until u can reach max levels...Old B2 was like similar to this....

One issues with that:

New player gets tough time to shoot other regular on server. End result? They move on to another servers. No new regular is going to hand on server if they keep on dying. No one likes dying ;)

IMO as per my logic settings should be such that it should take appx 4-6 days to max out everything considering 1-2 hrs avg play time of a player. 

For those who need challenge they can always do !resetmyxp 

http://mygamingtalk....ot#.21resetmyxp

I have seen players doing that often to show off that they are skilled enough to kill anyone even with less then 200K XP. :)

Would server best to both worlds. 

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 409 posts

As this is a new server with new settings, most everyone joining is going to have about the same amount of chance as the player that has 6000-10000XP, i've seen skilled players starting out with under 1000xp own skilled players with very high XP, the old versions u max out each class within an hour and how does that fair against the new player coming in??  Same thing in my opinion, with these settings you don't max out so quick and have a greater chance beating someone higher in XP (depending on the players skill level), so i think its a fair advantage to anyone coming in new, and even the bots tend to own and people leave cause of that....

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Polish,

In your example, the new player will gain an equal amount of xp in one hour. If Ive been playing on the server for two days and gain 10,000 xp, then the new player will never catch me and be at a huge disadvantage.

I share Hellreturns opinion on that.

If you want a completely fair server where xp is concerned, why not just reset all xp at the end of every map?

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

reset at every map is highly discourraging for all.  (you never really gain anything unless it's a long map).

I seem to remember (years back) on one of the bunker servers it had an xp cap at something low (10k perhaps) so you'd take a few days to ramp up bonuses, have them for a week, then restart again.  Could have been bunker 5 or one of the others, I just can't remember anymore.

G0rt

G0rt

Galactic Policeman

• S Moderator
  • 3,605 posts
  • Steam:G0rt2002
  • Server:Bunker #10

B10 was like that.  Then I changed it to 10 day XP Save.  People seemed to like that better as they didn't play every day.

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 409 posts

Well i believe change is good, puts 1 of our servers out of the norm, its not like B2 has mass amounts of human players like it did back in the day, no fun shooting bots when all your levels are maxed out...I asked pey to have these settings to make leveling up each class a challenge and makes me play longer in the server, if your not liking the settings there is always B4 and B10 with those settings where u max out really quick but i still play there anyway.....

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

Ok, i'll play on a different server.  I don't like those settings.  ;)

Problem solved.

neurosis

neurosis

• Bunker Members
  • 1,776 posts

reset at every map is highly discourraging for all.  (you never really gain anything unless it's a long map).

I seem to remember (years back) on one of the bunker servers it had an xp cap at something low (10k perhaps) so you'd take a few days to ramp up bonuses, have them for a week, then restart again.  Could have been bunker 5 or one of the others, I just can't remember anymore.

I wouldn't really suggest resetting xp every map. That comment was more sarcasm than anything. 

B1 used to reset XP at 10k.  Now its 15K?  Seemed like it used to have a 24 hour reset as well?

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

As this is a new server with new settings, most everyone joining is going to have about the same amount of chance as the player that has 6000-10000XP,

Well server is not going to remain "new" forever and then down the road there is XP miss match. No new player likes to die in a row... and with high XP needed to get all the benefits, no one is going to hang around for longer time. 

Well if everyone can max out within a day then new player can also max out in a day and from 2nd day it's fair to all. But if new player requires more then a week then he would hop on to another server. 

ET wasn't made to play like BF i.e. for Levels. In ET you get rank up fast and whole goal is to make your team win. BF is another story. Players play for BF for stats while ET players, play to win the maps mostly. 

If you want a completely fair server where xp is concerned, why not just reset all xp at the end of every map?

That's also bad. There are tons of dead ETPRO servers where XP resets every map. Is B2 going to be new dead server or it's going to be popular? 

More or less players like to keep there XP and see it increasing. For some reason players like to rank up high amount of XP. We got few players with more then 1 million XP. It's not easy to achieve in a day or two. Takes a while since we don't allow XP whoring. 

If you all notice most of the popular servers you can rank up levels pretty fast. If it's NQ then yeah, understandable that you got level 9 and it's fun to rank it up in 2 weeks but then again reset is pain in da butt for players. 

Players don't like to rank it up every month or few weeks... They would like to use the benefits from it to play better. 

But again above all is my personal opinion and observation. So don't take me seriously. :)

• neurosis and *CapTn* like this

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
Difference in XP can make huge difference, at least on b2 .. where all the upgrades from levels are enabled.

Well since I myself don't like it much, to have XP reset, and I don't like much having to grind for XP. So I will change it again, and make the levels to be easily gained.

I have some other idea what todo with XP, but will have to think some more before going to reveal it. Kinda how to make it addictive is the plan :D
  • neurosis likes this

BlacqWrath

BlacqWrath

Still Considered a Newbie

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Bunker #42

Had to download some maps before joining, seemed pretty slow, like 100kb/s.  Sup with that?

djbo

djbo

Looking good :)

Thx Pey.

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
  • Server:Unselected

weird i lose my levels there :(

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 409 posts

New server Brasil, everyone lost theirs....

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  • Steam:captn3

ase i have a bad ping here at b2 i wont ever play there much  to bad >>>>

but i will say this the populated servers in et are populated becuz of all the arbatrary   U  populated servers did to the rest of the communities with ur linking of servers to gain rank your dl screens that force u to play there ..this is the stuff i look for and i refuse to play at these servers .they will be  big fast and die even faster.lol

theres a new breed of player in et

and u pubbing fools better get rteady .lol

et is full of players not noobs players  .. i myself dont pay attention to  xp in a pub server becuz it mean s diddly squat.

u level up in et doesnt make ur head bullet proof.lol

but yeah the  people who play et for no gain just to unwind i might agree then ..mind u this is my opiniion.too.

and the utmost importants the servers in et that are played by the et mass are played becuz the admins  are more dedicated than the actual players.

but i am alway s here to suport peyote i  am sure i will like what ever he decides.

Edited by *CapTn*, 28 March 2015 - 03:59 PM.

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

Captn 

How much ping u get on B2? Just curious. :P

jacknife

jacknife

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 89 posts

when does  xp reset my xp has  already been reset twice

peyote

peyote
Should had been every 3 month... sorry guys.
I have set it to 90d (~3 monthes) .. but I forgot to uncomment the line.. so actually it was set to 1day.

edit:
actually.. should had been forever. I intentionally commented that stuff out, as I had set g_xpsave bitmask, so that it stores it forever.
http://wet.peyote.ch...-0-8-2#g_XPSave

Well I have changed the settings now to 3 monthes.

Edited by peyote, 30 March 2015 - 12:48 PM.