Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,058 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats

Bunker improvements.
Write here your ideas of what you think should be improved at the Bunker.
Write as much detail as you can about the case and if a special Bunker server are or if a generally throughout the Bunker.
So wake up all members, regulars and give suggestions!

Tag suggestions can as always and by all Member be given in Member talk.
So wake up, all members and do your work and provide suggestions!

• SmileyBoyNL! likes this

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Friends
  • 118 posts
  • Steam:Im2DeliciousS
  • Discord:ImDeliciousS#5133
  • Server:Bunker #4

Lets talk about maps!

I think the bunker servers really need to bring back the old maps or the classic maps like goldrush, siwa oasis or the updated old maps like goldrush 2 or something!

The maps that are already on the servers are fun but I think alot of people also want to see the old maps back.

Give some suggestions for maps if you want!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts

Stock maps like that get tiredsome after playing them over and over, that is why i always ask for diff maps to get away from those...But i don't mind playing them later on again but not in every single rotation...

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Friends
  • 118 posts
  • Steam:Im2DeliciousS
  • Discord:ImDeliciousS#5133
  • Server:Bunker #4

I agree cow tipper but I only want them to be in the voting screen often so people can choose them if they want to play them.

Bean

Bean
  • Tb:1889806
  • Server:Bunker #1
I really think, from experience, that spawnkill should have no restrictions. Doesn't really affect gameplay, but makes it simpler and thus more attractive to players.

That would be an obvious improvement to help our cause, in my opinion.
  • Hawk109 likes this

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

As far as B1 since Neuro and QT don't sit on the server anymore like they used to, there is never anybody on the server except when there is a server party (once a month).

What i recommend for B1 (and B2 as well / diff night) is to have One day a week that Players all agree to play on the server.

For B1 I would suggest Saturday night between 7pm - 10pm ET(only 3 hours).

If peeps can commit to this it would go a long way to keeping the servers alive!

What do you all think?  Can we get some players to commit to that day / time Once a Week???

Jec

Edited by Jecoliah, 02 May 2015 - 07:48 PM.

Sakura

Sakura
  • Steam:SakuraHaruno22

As far as B1 since Neuro and QT don't sit on the server anymore like they used to, there is never anybody on the server except when there is a server party (once a month).

What i recommend for B1 (and B2 as well / diff night) is to have One day a week that Players all agree to play on the server.

For B1 I would suggest Saturday night between 7pm - 10pm ET(only 3 hours).

If peeps can commit to this it would go a long way to keeping the servers alive!

What do you all think?  Can we get some players to commit to that day / time Once a Week???

Jec

I will make an appearance on the server to see if anyone will join.

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

I will make an appearance on the server to see if anyone will join.

What i was thinking is lets get some players to commit, agree to a day / time and set up a Date to start this going forward.

That way its planned out and agreed on.

Jec

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 399 posts

Sorry saturday nights are a "no go" for me, it is my poker night that is why i always push for the parties to be on sunday......Unfortunately Snoid's party on that sunday i couldn't make it.....Also from what i see there are at least half the players in the server are in spec as i have voiced my opinion in the past about this anyway so that kind of turns me away from B1 in the last year or so.....I remember a year and a half to two years ago i couldn't wait to play on B1 after work at night, now not so much....

Edited by Polish cow tipper, 03 May 2015 - 01:11 AM.

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

@ Bean,  Don't know about that.  I've been on servers where you can never leave the spawn is it's a frag fest the second your shield is gone, and because everyone is dying at same time, you can't leave till it's off and boom in spec again.  Especially where folks have spawn timers now.  Like I've said, I've been on servers like that, but only once never to return.  I prefer servers were all players have fun not just those who know the right spots to camp a spawn.

@ Jec, yes a regular day/night can be good.  Hell Sunday afternoons there is still a crowd that plays Wildwest (we stopped working on it over 10 years ago) but a small core still play on.  Perhaps post a vote as to best day/times (don't forget to have folks include their time zone) to see when we can maximize the population.  Again not all will be able to commit every week, but if enough can make it each week that will start a seed for other's to see/join.

----

I will agree that it's far quieter here since I returned, but I do like both this game and this community.  The key thing we need to work on is the community.  Without it this yet another gaming server, but with a good community this is more.  We ALL need to work on that.   We need to set asside whatever griefs we have and put a positive spin on both the servers and the forum.  Most of our servers are good (folk have fun and do what they can to balance the teams and keep all happy) but we've got a bit of a negativity issue on the forums.  

I stumbled across a bunker server years ago and had fun,  BUT it was the people on the server and here on the forums that made me stick around all those years back (and caused me to make this the first place i checked back into when I finally had a machine that could run it again years later).

• G0rt and Bean like this

Bean

Bean

@ Bean,  Don't know about that.  I've been on servers where you can never leave the spawn is it's a frag fest the second your shield is gone, and because everyone is dying at same time, you can't leave till it's off and boom in spec again.  Especially where folks have spawn timers now.  Like I've said, I've been on servers like that, but only once never to return.  I prefer servers were all players have fun not just those who know the right spots to camp a spawn.

I hear ya. I used to have that opinion too. I feel now that if other settings are tweaked, it's fine. I honestly see very little gameplay difference on FA Hardcore, for example, where I play from time to time when Bunker is empty. They have no restrictions on spawnkill; no drama over rule enforcement and interpretation.
  • Hawk109 likes this

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts

I've been there too.  Seems the hardcore server is the default redirect if the server you want to go is full.  It's not the friendlyest place to new folks.  

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

I've been there too.  Seems the hardcore server is the default redirect if the server you want to go is full.  It's not the friendlyest place to new folks.  

Can you please drop me a PM and let me know what's not friendly on the server, so I can work on it where I can, to make it better gaming place and more friendlier to new players? Thank you

Back to bunker suggestion: My only suggestion would be to disallow multi-clanning which Bunker allows. If that stops then Bunker server would be popular again. But that's my thought and I could be wrong as well.

G0rt

G0rt

Galactic Policeman

• S Moderator
  • 3,596 posts
  • Steam:G0rt2002

Back to bunker suggestion: My only suggestion would be to disallow multi-clanning which Bunker allows. If that stops then Bunker server would be popular again. But that's my thought and I could be wrong as well.

Tho' that is an option, that's what makes Bunker unique.  As we have always said, we are not a clan but a community.  A community of players (both tagged and tag-less).  We need to have players that 'want' to play here.  Trying to force them will just alienate things more.

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts

Can you please drop me a PM and let me know what's not friendly on the server, so I can work on it where I can, to make it better gaming place and more friendlier to new players? Thank you

Just that there's no warning (asside from a mysterious redirect message) that you are not hittlng where you thought you were.  Instead of most levels full up on the silent server I was bare bones (no levels of any skills) at all with top end players on a close to full server.  Needless to say the 'hard core' server should not be the end redirect from other servers.  I'm curious if it is also the over flow server from your beginner servers as well.

I did post about it on the FA forums, but didn't get much of a response there.

I'm also with gort about this.  We are a community, mostly good natured.  I will say though I've seen some rather steep actions by upper management on some of the servers since my return.  Poor smilie (assuming returning to community after being away for a spell had a bunker tag on and got threatened with a ban right out of the gate.  

Perhaps we should create an 'affiliate' or 'friends' tag, similar to but not exactly to the bunker tag so that folks that wish to be included in the community can be.  Perhaps |-B-| or something similar. 

When I ran the 16 gaming uk servers, I had my admin staff be more gentle about such offenses (it could ramp up if the player was being difficult) but usually never got that far.  Gaminguk was a similar rtcw community as bunker is an et community.  To say that the company that ran gaminguk let us govern the community and servers even after the profitable side of their business took off and they had no time for us, speaks volumes as to the community that we had developed.  I believe there is hope even for us as well.  

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,774 posts

I'm not sure whether or not that would have helped. I think that if something like that were going to have worked, it would have had to have been done a long time ago.  There are quite a few members that haven't necessarily left to other clans but more to play on servers that have more players on them. There are quite a few bunker members that frequent FA and I don't know that any  of them have attempted to join FA?

I think that Gort is right.  The fact that bunker is a community and not strictly a clan was one of the things that I found appealing. Once you have a home on bunker you are always welcome back.

We need to have players that 'want' to play here.
  <------

Regarding the SK rule.   I can't say whether it is a good Idea for all bunker servers.  I will say that all of the scenario's that people worried about when we discussed changing the rules on b1 never happened. There was certainly more drama involved in the discussion on whether or not to change the rule than there was on the server after the rule change.  That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone likes it.

ontheqt

ontheqt

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 584 posts
  • Xfire:shrikester

This is my last post ever on this topic, mostly because I think it is a lost cause.  All of my comments are with respect to B1 only as I don't frequent any of the other Bunker servers.

#1. Any high level members of Bunker (18 and above) should be required to play on Bunker server for at least 4 hours per week. Exceptions can be made for when people are on travel or for special circumstances. Unfortunately, the truth is that none of the high level folks play on B1 anymore with any regularity. Any high level admin that fails to meet this responsibility should be demoted.

#2. All Bunker members should try to frequent the server as time permits. Unfortunately, the choose not to do so.  Members that fail to appear on server for 1 hour per month should be demoted. People on travel and special circumstances can receive a waiver.

#3. Bunker member comments/actions (either on servers or forums) designed to alienate or intimidate other Bunker members or players should result in immediate and severe penalties.

#4. Try to get at least 2 nights per week when as many Bunker members as possible can attend.

#5. Promote new server players more quickly and add members more rapidly. Give promotion capability (for level 6 and less) to more Bunker members. 

I actually doubt any of the above will work as I think most Bunker members that frequent B1 either don't care or have given up on ET.

That's my final post on this topic.  I won't even bother to respond to jabs that will likely result from some.

Good luck!

Once again, a big thank you to Jecoliah for all the hard server admin work and support.  None of my comments are meant to demean his hard work in any way.

I really enjoy gaming with you folks and am sorry you have lost interest.

Edited by ontheqt, 04 May 2015 - 10:27 PM.

• teetsjones and Polish cow tipper like this

Bean

Bean
@QT:

I understand and appreciate your frustration.

However, a policy based on aggressive demands and punishments is the last thing we ought to do. Counterproductive and contrary to the spirit of our community. I think that approach would have the opposite effect, driving people away.

Edited by Bean, 05 May 2015 - 09:57 AM.

neurosis

neurosis

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Members
  • 1,774 posts

I thought about this last night. I'm not in to a heavy handed approach, but I don't think that reduction of levels based on lack of attendance is being aggressive.  Why should someone that never plays on the server be allowed to continue to administrate it? Holding your level would give some incentive to play on the server once in a while.  I'm not sure what affect it would have on B1 at this point and I don't believe that demoting below member status is necessary.  As Gort said.  People have to 'want' to play on the server or its all just wasted effort anyway.

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

Just that there's no warning (asside from a mysterious redirect message) that you are not hittlng where you thought you were.  Instead of most levels full up on the silent server I was bare bones (no levels of any skills) at all with top end players on a close to full server.  Needless to say the 'hard core' server should not be the end redirect from other servers.  I'm curious if it is also the over flow server from your beginner servers as well.

I did post about it on the FA forums, but didn't get much of a response there.

Sorry might had missed it since my forums get blocked and un-blocked randomly from my work place. 

We redirect players from silent #1 server to hardcore and hardcore to silent #1 when server is full.  If you say no, you wouldn't get redirected and it should put you in line for next available open spot. What it does then is check specs and if any one is inactive in last 30 seconds and kick them out so the new player who wants to join server, can join.  I can provide you private slot password for silent #1 so that you wouldn't get redirected anywhere.

Tho' that is an option, that's what makes Bunker unique.  As we have always said, we are not a clan but a community.  A community of players (both tagged and tag-less).  We need to have players that 'want' to play here.  Trying to force them will just alienate things more.

Back to topic: Well everyone is free to play where they would like. Mostly all clan members in any clan in ET can play where they like (except few crazy clan admin who ban their own members when they play on other servers).  

Well with multi-clanning comes freedom and so do comes race conditions in many situations. It also adds issue and favoritism and disputes over rules. Ex: As per rules in Bunker peyote bans cheater A. Then peyote is in clan XYZ and plays with cheater A on daily basis. It puts an impression to other players that Bunker allow cheaters or rule breakers and players might avoid Bunker server. Another Ex: I can completely become asshole to all of you but I can become nice to Gort and keep playing on his server aka one of the Bunkers server. I assume any Bunker member can start the server and advertise on forums? Wouldn't that cause issue within Bunker members itself? I mean it would put of members itself joining Gort server when I am on if I am jerk to others.

Believe it or not admin level also inflates play time. I have noticed this since long time. If player is higher admin level on server A and lower or med level on server B then player will stick around server A a lot more.  It also causes issues on the server with rules. Every now and then people would throw in card of "Oh, we don't do this way in our xyz clan", "Oh we do this and that". I am not sure how to describe it. 

I normally recruit new members based on timezone. I divide server 24 hrs time by 3 hr time slot. Now 32 (4 per 3 hr) active admins can moderate server effectively and nicely but if multi clanning is allowed, how can I know which admin would be present on server at that time? So do I just keep adding members and start giving tags to everyone? Then wait and expect they would play on server?

For some reason, I never understood whole idea behind multi-clanning within same game. So just trying to understand the idea behind it and if I can understand the logistics behind it with +ve sides rather then -ve, I might even go for that. Just trying to understand. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bunker