23 replies to this topic

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts
  • Server:Unselected
Click to view battle stats

Hey guys, I recently am having a major issue with ET. Example, say on B-10 im not around any bots. My FPS is about 55. As soon as I get near the action, bam FPS goes in the toilet to 1-5 fps. So I purchased another video card $200. :(... And still the same. My son plays WOW with no issues and World of Tanks is not issue. So I reinstalled ET and still have the same issue all of sudden. Weird but nothing on my system has changed that Im aware of. The only other issue was my monitor was have over laps once in awhile. So I changed out the monitor and same issue. Any ideas?

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts
  • Server:Bunker #1

I know this may be a stupid question but have you tried on other servers and do you have the issue there?

Jec

ontheqt

ontheqt

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Members
  • 584 posts
  • Xfire:shrikester

Try /r_primitives 2

• RiotSquad likes this

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts
Yea, it is on all servers |>B<| servers and others.

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Friends
  • 125 posts
  • Steam:Im2DeliciousS
  • Discord:ImDeliciousS#5133
  • Server:Bunker #4

I think I have programmed some code for that to fix it because someone else also had this problem!

I will try to find it or I will take some time to fix this problem for you because we need players on the servers and im happy to help you with this problem!

Smiley  :king:

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • Steam:captn3

so i would have to go back to    when it started what did u install what did u update.....

i would also open up my et and look around for garbage .

first tho... ur settings might have some how change in et.... this does happen... this will cause fps  change big time..... also

could be a driver setting for your graphics card.....

also i could do more with some screen shots of ur view and also ur settings for ur graphics in et..

with monitor issues it usually isnt just a lose  of fps... its all kinds of weird shat.... but i gotta ask did u change out monitor cord too.

i think the last time  u had this issue it was a virus ?????

did this happen after visiting a certain server?

Edited by *CapTn*, 21 June 2015 - 03:33 PM.

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

When you did the uninstall did you also delete (or move) the folders in your program files?

I have Windows 7 and there are 2 locations.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"

"C:\Users\Jecoliah\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"

So, i would recommend that you uninstall, then after that delete(or move) the above folders.

Even when you uninstall there are remaining files so get rid of them and do a "clean" install.

Jec

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts

I have the full version of the game saved in a file to make the reinstall easier. So I used that version. As far as have something change on the system, I have auto updates set for like 3am in the morning. So im not playing for several days at a time so to pin point it is difficult. The settings on the card with the old card an new, I have changed to just about every setting. The issue only seems to effect ET. As far as a screen shot, ......Nope not possible because of the FPS. is so bad. Jec, the only thing I can do is a full clean download install and dump all the maps. This is the only thing left I guess. Such a pain in the ass for a reinstall tho. Smiley thank you for the input and look forward to see what you may have that could possibly work. QT. yea I tried that command and no difference. Thank you. Oh BTW..... HAPPY FATHERS DAY to All the Dads here on ET. Enjoy your day with family!

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 136 posts
FPS of ET nowadays are more related to cpu than gpu - but if you have 55fps... how old is this machine? I'd suggest to lower all graphic settings that play a role when players are being displayed and/or fighting - like texture details, explosion rendering, dynamic lightning, etc.

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • Steam:captn3

well then it has to be a setting in et..  u say it only affects et ....then its not hardware failing.

i would be curious to see ur et ..maybe u could  let me?

i think btc is correct u  bought a new gpu even and didnt fix its not gpu related ..now if ur cpu was failing im sure ud notice that elsewhere too.do u check ur temps..

it coulda been a update for ur sons playtime that messed urs up.. my sons stupid mine craft will mess my et all up.

did u turn off multi threading .for et.?

i could give u my cfg and u could cross reference it .. if ud like... i could also open my et up asnd u could look in there too to see. cuz  i noticed by ur tone u no want my help!!!!!

check ur hunkmegs check ur maxfps  and maxpackets. check ur rate.

command in counsel /com_tabs .[ this works for ever one ] m,s,r,cg,cl,com.

will bring up all ur /com in ur counsel.

for rate type /rate in server.

and cap ur fps.

u sur e u dont hav e a virus .seeings et is cpu hog and barley uses gpu .. any little spyware   or virus will be noticed in et.

and if u set rprimatives too 2 and didnt help u didnt set it back to 1 .  or 0 .. did u   seting it to  2 is best for et .. noted facts for r primatives..  0 and 2 are ok 1 and 3 mess ur et up and make  it loss fps. 3 actually makes it look like tide died shat.

kinda sounds like u have 2500 rate  15 maxpackets and default values for rest.and if hunk is default its 56 .. should be set to 192 any higher is a waist seeings et wont use more than 192.

Edited by *CapTn*, 23 June 2015 - 10:56 PM.

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 136 posts

now if ur cpu was failing im sure ud notice that elsewhere too.do u check ur temps..

This is easy to check (if you have a second monitor attached).
You need to know how many cores you have and whether your cpu supports hyperthreading or not.
E.g. if you have 3 cores and intel's hyperthreading, 1/6 = 16,666% is the maximum amount of cpu usage a single thread process (like ET) can reach. If this is the case all the time ET is running, your CPU is usually the bottleneck.

IF you DON'T have a second monitor: open the tab with the core usage graphs and run et for some time, then minimize it and look what happened in the past.
In this case you can analyze it at best indeed if you stick ET to one core - otherwise you would have to add all graphs for each core and there would be "noise" from other tasks.

By the way: I also read about benefits of disabling multithreading for ET (binding it to one core). I tried it by myself and didn't have any benefits. Nowadays in the days of turbo speed and the ability to overclock one single core for a short time, I think it CAN (it doesn't have to) be a bad idea to stick a heavy single thread process to one core.
If you have enough unused cores, they can do the thread management job which throws the single execution string from core to core and there shouldn't be any notable performance drop AS LONG AS there don't occur any problems on context switching of your cpu.

What kind of GPU and CPU do you have???
And which amount and kind of RAM?

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts

Well thank you Capt.  I have been very busy and litgtle time for playing, however I plan on getting back to my issue possibly tonite. There are a few more settings i need to check. My son's gaming is WOW and there are always stupid patches coming through. His gaming is fine, buit it's strange that ET is the only inffected play on video. I will give an update and let you know on the CFG comparison. That may help a bit. Dont know what the patches are for WoW but it maybe related. Thanks

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts

Ok, lets throw more sht in the ring.... I logged into FlA Jaymod server today and it played fine with zero issues. I logged into Bunker 10 and Hardcore FlA and unplayable. I guess the version maybe the issue.

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

check the config file for jaymod vs the other mod.  I'll bet somethings different.

Also a check to test is this,  Find a spot outside spawn where bots will pass by you.

park there and watch the fps rise/drop as the heard of bots go past.  

Try to also dupilcate this test further from spawn where fire fight starts (does the extra bullets make it even more worse)

Also is it worse in open zones (with large fields of view) vs tight coridors (with restricted fields of view.

This might give you insite as to root causes of the issue.

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts
@Dragon, when there is a lot of activity on the screen the fps is null. When there is little to no activity it's much better but laggy as in such, bunker 1 day time playing with Noone on.

G0rt

G0rt

Galactic Policeman

• S Moderator
  • 3,613 posts
  • Steam:G0rt2002

Any chance of having access to another machine?  Copy the files over and run it there if so.

hellreturn

hellreturn

Making Friends

• Members
  • 51 posts

Create a demo on any server or mod and replay the demo and check your FPS. If your average FPS is not more then 100 during demo replay then it's your machine. 

Which GPU are you using? Intel CPU based or dedicated? Provide some of your machine hardware specs. Make sure you have selected to use dedicated GPU for games and not CPU based. 

What's your CPU? 

GPU?

HD ? SATA 2, SATA 3, SSD? Hybrid? 

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts

I'm trying to see if it's related to the number of tri's being displayed.  I had an old machine that would drop fps all the time there were big seenic areas on maps (again very high tri counts in rendering) but fps would be good in areas that had far lower tri counts enclosed areas).  If the fps doesn't chage much from open vistas to enclosed areas than that may give us another clue where to check next.  

PATRIOT

PATRIOT

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,073 posts

Well i dumped the system and started fresh. The ET seems to be working. Maybe somthin was corrupt. Now I just need the levels restored is all. Guys thank you for all the input and concern. Great to know their are people who want to help :)

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

Well i dumped the system and started fresh. The ET seems to be working. Maybe somthin was corrupt. Now I just need the levels restored is all. Guys thank you for all the input and concern. Great to know their are people who want to help :)

LOL, finally decided to do a clean install huh?

You probably had a *.cfg file that you downloaded from a server that was messing up your ET.

Glad you got it fixed!

Jec