just writing

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

djbo

djbo
  • Server:Bunker #2
Click to view battle stats

Going down on memory lane.

It's the 11th of march 1990 and together with some friends from our motorcycle club we are preparing to go to the trackdays on the circuit of zolder for some fun and to participate for a good cause. While we were waiting to ride to the curcuit a friend of mine who didn't have a bike said to his stunning beatiful girlfriend she couldn't come along cause there was no seat available. I told her she could drive with me cause I didn't have a passenger (afterall she really was stunning). When we arrived at the curcuit and while I was waiting for my shift on the track I saw her walking alone so I got off my bike and went to her, seemingly her boyfriend left her alone to be with his friends, so I decided not to drive on the track that day but spend the day with her so she wouldn't be alone. We've been together ever since. She was my soulmate, my perfect match. She left me my freedom to persui my dreams, my motorcycling, my job that often took abroad for longer periods of time, she created the time I needed for bunker. She could read me like a book, she was and is the love of my life. With the exception of juniors illness we takled every curveball that life threw at us. During one of my last trips for work, where btw I got to meet up with G0rt (cheers mate) my wife was hospitilized to the emergency ward with what seemed to be a minor problem which could be handled by a simple surgical procedure. During that procedure they noticed my wife had a tumor and which today officially was diagnozed as cancer. I'm writing this cause for the first time in my live I don't know what to do and have no answer or solution. I allways refer to her as my second half cause thats wat she is... my second half. There is no djeebs without miss's djeebs and we are scared as hell.

We are supposed to grow old together, go back to cyprus and Israel to redo our honeymoon. Go cycling along the Loire in France in our old days. I know we still can with some luck and everything just might be ok. They told us today they took it all out and everything looks clean. They'll also be starting up what they call prevetive chemo just to be safe. So all in all we think it's gonna be fine and seemingly it hasn't spead out to any major organs yet. I'm sorry if I bothered anyone, just wanted to write this of my chest to clear my head

• Havanna Club likes this

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Friends
  • 125 posts
  • Steam:Im2DeliciousS
  • Discord:ImDeliciousS#5133
  • Server:Bunker #4

Djbo 

This is really a emotional message and it really touched me because this also happened to me it was not my girlfriend or wife but someone I also really cared about!

It's good to stay positive and you should dont give up that thought!

I hope everything will be fine and thanks for sharing!

Smiley!

Bean

Bean
  • Tb:1889806
  • Server:Bunker #1
I'm sure everyone's prayers are working overtime today, and in the future, for Mrs. Djeebs.

Stay strong - she'll need your solid support to make it through these trials. From the sounds of your wonderful little boy-meets-girl story, I'm sure that will be natural for you!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and take care.
  • SmileyBoyNL! likes this

Jecoliah

Jecoliah

I Come Here Often

• Bunker Admins
  • 3,297 posts

Prayers for you and your family.
Sounds like good news so far though so keep your chin up.

Jec

KILLERBEE

KILLERBEE

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 2,867 posts
Thanks for sharing this, stay srong!

I hope all will be fine.

Sakura

Sakura
  • Steam:SakuraHaruno22
Sir,

Hang in there during this tough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you plus positive vibes.

With love,
Sakura

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Steam:captn3

djbo that was a very well put emotion..

from what u said of ur wife sounds like shes a tough cookie ..

i wish and hope u both the best and my shoulder and my mind are always here for u too lean on.

i know its not the solution u want to hear but be strong and stay positive ....  bunker loves u ..

i too married my soul mate.. and i cant find the words to express my sympath .

Edited by *CapTn*, 25 June 2015 - 09:56 PM.

TheDragon

TheDragon

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Server:Bunker #10

First and formost

CANCER IS NOT THE END

remember that, there could be dark days but there usually is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I've had several friends recover (including my best friend who went through 7 bouts with it and has been cancer free for over 5 years now, (in her 5 year celebration she cut off all her hair for locks of love and it's back to being longer than mine).

Be there for her, it can be a scary process but it can be kicked usually.

G0rt

G0rt

Galactic Policeman

• S Moderator
  • 3,608 posts
  • Steam:G0rt2002
  • Server:Bunker #10

Thanks for sharing that story my friend. It is certainly very heartfelt.  In this day and age cancer is not the end all that it used to be. I have a few friends stricken with this ailment and more than not, they have come out cured or with it in full remission.  Having a positive moral support network to rely upon is key and we I know more than ever that is in place.   She has you and the entire family.  You have all of Bunker.  Dont ever forget that.

Cheers! 

• *CapTn* likes this

killjoy

killjoy

Sticking Around

• Bunker Members
  • 783 posts

My thoughts are with you - stay strong x

Screwloose

Screwloose

• Old retired farts
  • 1,564 posts

Djbo

What a great love story.. And love stories have happy endings.

With the love of you and your son djeebs your wife is in good hands.

IMHO she is going to do great, and you will get to take that bike ride wherever you want to.

My prayers are with your family.....

Screwloose

• Bean and *CapTn* like this

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,957 posts

Verdorie djeebs.....

Let's hope they got it all....

I truly hope the best for your partner and yourself.

Promise me one thing...... don't lose the dream growing old together.....it's that one little spark that keeps us all driving.

Sterkte kerel  

• Bean and SmileyBoyNL! like this

Pixel

Pixel

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 62 posts

Sterkte !

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,034 posts

A smile is the best remedy to ilness, don't lose hope :)

I wish you both the best!

Edited by solewu, 02 July 2015 - 03:09 PM.

UndeadWarrior

UndeadWarrior

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,401 posts

Ik kan je alleen maar veel sterkte toewensen Djeebs.

Dit zijn dingen die je niemand toewenst en als het dan toch zo dichtbij komt lijkt het alsof de wereld zijn realiteit verliest.

Hopelijk kan je vrouwtje blijven vechten en de kanker volledig overwinnen, want boven alles moet je toch altijd positief blijven.

Ik weet hoe dwaas deze woorden allemaal voor je klinken maar hopelijk geven ze je toch de moed en kracht om er vol voor te gaan!

Niet teveel stilstaan met wat misschien kan gebeuren maar enkel met wat je wil dat gebeurd. :)

Jij en je vrouw gaan er gewoon helemaal doorkomen! 

• Creepy Geek likes this

tdw

tdw

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 50 posts

I can tell from experience that someone in your family having cancer is scary. I didn't knew what to do then and I still havent figured it out 7 years later. I'll of course hope for the best. It seems like you discovered it on time. Just keep enjoying the little things and I personally believe that smiling gives you hope and energy. Veel sterkte, en blijf positief!

djbo

djbo

Two more days to go till the last chemo session :) 23rd we are starting last session and the 25th it will be disconnected for the last time. After that Onco-recovery and hopefully good news that it's gone for ever.... whooiiiii, been one hell of ride.

Cheers to miss's  Djeebs for a fight well done. As a bonus everyone can shoot me once without getting banned, Second kill however ....

Merry xmas and happy new year to everyone :)

Edited by djbo, 21 December 2015 - 10:21 AM.

• G0rt and Bean like this

Bean

Bean
  • Tb:1889806
Fingers crossed!

peyote

peyote

Hope it all goes well, fingers crossed!