brother has wrecked computer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

so hello >B< Bro's :D

i had al little problem with my computer thnx to my little brother and my brother in law is a computer "expert'' .... not if you ask me :/

sow he clean my pc and now all my stuff on pc is gone and et also sow thats freaking me off 

sow told him buy youre one pc grrr 

And thx to my brother in law he mess also the back-ups of my et and things 

Me gonna fix it now ! 

Cheers woussie :D 

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

well i have found my et key in me gmail :P thats a litte hope i guess :P 

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 410 posts

Good job in backing up your key~! I should've done that back in the day...Common sense now~!  :D

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter
But i do take etkey back in et but nothing happens :0

Edited by Wouskabouter, 26 March 2016 - 03:36 PM.

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

Good job in backing up your key~! I should've done that back in the day...Common sense now~! :D

Thnx to chap hè Said to do that 😜

OldChap

OldChap

• Bunker Admins
  • 477 posts
  • Tb:1410130

Nice to see you are up an running again wous ;)

About the etkey - here is what i (think i) know :

- place it in the etmain folder - NOT NQ ;)

- if you installed ET in "program files" the game might still have problems with reading it - unless you "run as admin"

- if you don't "run as admin" - ET will look for the etkey in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" or somewhere near (i forgot...:(). Look for the "etkey" file and replace it with the one you have backed up.

- oh and if you play on linux or mac we are doomed - i dont know sh*t about that ;)

If all fails, we find another way... ;) - But it would be nice if you gave it a try, so the level file wouldn't be spammed with wous/maddog entries ;)

/chap

• QuQu likes this

OldChap

OldChap

• Bunker Admins
  • 477 posts

Oh as a bonus if you succed: your xp will be back - we NEED that wous 1 million celebration party too sometime :P

• Wouskabouter likes this

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

Nice to see you are up an running again wous ;)

About the etkey - here is what i (think i) know :

- if you installed ET in "program files" the game might still have problems with reading it - unless you "run as admin"

- if you don't "run as admin" - ET will look for the etkey in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" or somewhere near (i forgot... :(). Look for the "etkey" file and replace it with the one you have backed up.

- oh and if you play on linux or mac we are doomed - i dont know sh*t about that ;)

If all fails, we find another way... ;) - But it would be nice if you gave it a try, so the level file wouldn't be spammed with wous/maddog entries ;)

/chap

Hey Chap 

Thnx for the Quick support :D , and i take a look for  run as admin that is not on ;)

lucky it is no lunix or mac :D (good to know :P

I have try this "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" or somewhere near  but no et-key at all :O

so i placed the key from my gmail-backup mail and it does nothing :/ 

greet 

wous

OldChap

OldChap

• Bunker Admins
  • 477 posts

Hey again wous

Just to be sure:

- Do you have ET installed in program files ?

- What is the "last modified" date on the etkey file in your etmain folder (maybe you restored the wrong etkey-backup file) ? I think i restored your levels around august last year - so if its newer that that, you've got the wrong backup-file.

If we take the easy way and just set the levels, the xp will be gone (as i said above) and 250k? will take a while to get again ;)

!poison wous :P

/chap

Mongo

Mongo

Sticking Around

• Bunker Admins
  • 1,083 posts
  • Server:Bunker #2

I have try this "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" or somewhere near  but no et-key at all :O

There is my legacy key if i understand right. If you install Legacy.
I don't think that key is something that save XP ore any other things if you play on Bunker but not shore.

On a normal install Windows XP C:Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/and so on, Win 7 C:Program (X86)/and so on, If you place
it on another HD then operate system like D: you can put ET installation direct under the disk like Windows XP.'

If you find some of this and you have any off this system you should put it like Old Chap say.

Can be good to go to a server also. B10 still have PB on so go there and DL what is needed.

If you play Nitmode you also have another key but that you lost if you did not also save it. This is under Nitmod folder named nkey.

This is how the key locks (placed) at me but i don't know if its is the right way.

Good luck and Happy Easter

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

I have try this "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" or somewhere near but no et-key at all :O

There is my legacy key if i understand right. If you install Legacy.
I don't think that key is something that save XP ore any other things if you play on Bunker but not shore.

On a normal install Windows XP C:Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/and so on, Win 7 C:Program (X86)/and so on, If you place
it on another HD then operate system like D: you can put ET installation direct under the disk like Windows XP.'

If you find some of this and you have any off this system you should put it like Old Chap say.

Can be good to go to a server also. B10 still have PB on so go there and DL what is needed.

If you play Nitmode you also have another key but that you lost if you did not also save it. This is under Nitmod folder named nkey.

This is how the key locks (placed) at me but i don't know if its is the right way.

Good luck and Happy Easter

Morning fist :D

I Will check it later this day i just got home from masters of hardcore and take a little sleep to all violence tonight from the party hahaha thnx annyway mongo :)

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

for the info this is all what if fount :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory  and folder pb is alo there et-key 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET" 

there was no key and i place my old back-up key in it and i've take a look on server but nothing :/ 

this is a strange situation if you ask me :P 

greetz wous :beer:

OldChap

OldChap

• Bunker Admins
  • 477 posts

Argh, I did so many experiments with this etkey stuff some years ago, but somehow the knowledge got lost ;)

2 things:
- try to see if there is a wolf-folder here : "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)" or copy/paste this into a windows explorer "%localappdata%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)". Then locate the etkey-file - if it exist - try to replace it with your backup etkey.

- did you check the "date modified" time-stamp on the etkey - is it new or from last year ?

Anyway, I'm starting to look like a stubborn admin here and I do miss one of the "!news acdc" spammers.

So, if you don't mind about the XP loss lets just quit here and take the "easy way" - you gave it a good try :)

But it is no problem for me to continue. If we find the solution, others might learn a bit from it.

You choose :)

/chap

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter

Argh, I did so many experiments with this etkey stuff some years ago, but somehow the knowledge got lost ;)

2 things:
- try to see if there is a wolf-folder here : "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)" or copy/paste this into a windows explorer "%localappdata%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)". Then locate the etkey-file - if it exist - try to replace it with your backup etkey.

- did you check the "date modified" time-stamp on the etkey - is it new or from last year ?

Anyway, I'm starting to look like a stubborn admin here and I do miss one of the "!news acdc" spammers.

So, if you don't mind about the XP loss lets just quit here and take the "easy way" - you gave it a good try :)

But it is no problem for me to continue. If we find the solution, others might learn a bit from it.

You choose :)

/chap

the date-stamp is of my back-up key is 7-8-2015 :P

So, if you don't mind about the XP loss lets just quit here and take the "easy way" seem fair idea :D 

hahaha i do miss !news acdc to m8 :) 

:beer: for chap 

thnx for Thanks for the massive support :bb2: :bb2:

!fun beer for you all :D

greetz wous   :clapping:  :clapping:

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2
ingame do /cvarlist fs*
then check all those locations it listed for etkey - etkey should be in etmain folder, but can be anywhere from appdata to some weird pb folder and so on, depends on windows version and other stuff.

OldChap

OldChap

• Bunker Admins
  • 477 posts

ingame do /cvarlist fs*

Thanks Peyote - I didn't know that one.
I asked Wous to do the command today, and there were no path outside program files/...

So, my guess would be that ET read his key from where it usually read it, but that this problem goes back to the last setlevel and the backup he made back then.

Anyway - we went for the easy solution yesterday, so now Wous just have to work a bit harder until we can celebrate 1 mill XP :P

Wouskabouter

Wouskabouter
[quote name="OldChap" post="341063" timestamp="1459190809"]

[/quote]
Anyway - we went for the easy solution yesterday, so now Wous just have to work a bit harder until we can celebrate 1 mill XP :P[/quote] :P

Work hard play hard :D 1mill here we goo :bb2:

tdw

tdw

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 50 posts

Give him a hard punch, it's the second time! http://bunker.aaxxss...57-hate-my-bro/

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Steam:captn3
  • Server:Bunker #1

lol...

depends on the et installer also..

and how bad ur bro fed up ur pc .lol...

an did u use etlegacy???/

once  ur set again go in take that whole folder copy it to desktop ... and put it away for safe keepin ....

i never save just the key.lol

u can have et installed  on same pc million times if u do it right.

Edited by *CapTn*, 06 April 2016 - 02:55 AM.