Check us out:

Photo

ET keeps on stuttering and freezing on the menu! PLS HELP!

help problem error freezing

Best Answer peyote , 23 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Thanks guys the problem is fixed I did /seta r_primitives 1 and now the game is running like it should be !

Edit: Alright guys the problem is fixed in the menu's but i also needed to seta in the nq mod and now when I try to connect to bunker 4 it keeps on freezing on loading screen when it's almost done so I think I also need to seta in the server? Is there a way that i can seta for the full game?

I will be back online playing and having fun with you guys  ;)

Smiley  :king:

I would create a link to B4 on my Desktop (no need for HLSW - although very useful to see who is on, or administrate it).. see here how to create a link: http://bunker.aaxxss...on/#entry258627
"c:\Program Files\Wolfenstein Enemy-Territory\et.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 196 +set com_soundmegs 64 +set com_zonemegs 64 +set fs_game noq +set r_primitives 1 +connect to.bunker4fun.com:27960

(else if u want to use HLSW, there is an option to set parameters for the executable of ET, and there us could add those params also.)
You might have to start twice for hunkmeg s to take effect.

Else:
U can crate a config 'autoexec.cfg' which gets automatically executed, that would be easiest.
http://etconfig.net/...s/autoexec-cfg/
inside that cfg just add a line 'set r_primitives 1' Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Steam:ImDeliciousS
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

Hello guys!

I have got a problem with Wolfenstein ET, when I start the game the menu keep's on freezing and stuttering it's impossible to join my lovely bunker 4 server because I can't reach the connect button!

PLEASE can someone help me with this problem! 

I have tried reinstalling and that also doesnt work maybe its something in my etmain folder but I don't know for sure.

I have also updated windows 10 to the new creators update does somebody know if that is maybe the problem?

Smiley :king:

Edited by SmileyBoyNL!, 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 672 posts

Hi Smile :)

I dunno guess like that .. i also have win10 pro-64 with all updates it has currently, no trouble here.

Maybe u like to try  H.L.s.w  ?  http://www.hlsw.net/...oad/mirrors/77

Download it, make your ET.exe visible to it ( from  Settings/settings/my games)  and u find IP from TB/SL, copy/paste it  or use on TB/SL page "connect via hlsw"  . And connect

It loads game with NQ settings ( what B4 is ) from start and connects right away to B4 ( or any other selected IP). No menus or anything.

At Settings/startup  deactivate "login on startup"  - if u like that program and want u use it more and dont care much its admin- side.

Maybe it helps

See you !

• SmileyBoyNL! likes this

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
  • Server:Unselected

I blame Ququ for that! :laugh2:

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 77 posts
the value r_primitives (0, 1 or 2) could cause a decrease to ~2fps, which could be similar to your behaviour. If your "stuttering and freezing" is a just very low fps number, you could try to set it to 1 or 2

Pixel

Pixel

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 52 posts

Smiley we need you !!!

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts

I dunno guess like that .. i also have win10 pro-64 with all updates it has currently, no trouble here.

Download it, make your ET.exe visible to it ( from  Settings/settings/my games)  and u find IP from TB/SL, copy/paste it  or use on TB/SL page "connect via hlsw"  . And connect

It loads game with NQ settings ( what B4 is ) from start and connects right away to B4 ( or any other selected IP). No menus or anything.

At Settings/startup  deactivate "login on startup"  - if u like that program and want u use it more and dont care much its admin- side.

Maybe it helps

See you !

But the problem is I also get this when I'm already in the server!

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts

the value r_primitives (0, 1 or 2) could cause a decrease to ~2fps, which could be similar to your behaviour. If your "stuttering and freezing" is a just very low fps number, you could try to set it to 1 or 2

Yeah I think I have a really low fps but where can I change that???

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts

Smiley we need you !!!

I know you always need a Smiley but I will be back when I fixed this problem don't you guys worry ;)

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 672 posts

Maybe it helps

See you !

Aa ...ok :)

You wrote, that u cant connect at all . 

If not that, then my blabla dont help indeed.  But hlsw is good anyway :D :D

U find a lot "how to gain fps" stuff from spladderladder forum ( for example)  - what to turn off and so on.

But if u get terrible lag in 2017 with nowadays PC's , then it might be really something wrong with soft. Maybe vid-card drivers ?  Maybe win10  ... tho it works good here.

How is your connection ? That can be reason too

See you !

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,849 posts

Do you have like "sync every frame" set to on"? or could you try to set settings in NVIDIA to "general"

The thing you discribe is when i have Vsync set to adaptive (SLI) when i disable Vsync it's ok.

Run as administrator perhaps ?

dunno....drink less beer ^^

hihi ok Geek out

(and get you're ass online hihi)

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 254 posts

Heho,

type in console /seta r_primitives 2

greez

Sakura

Sakura
  • Steam:SakuraHaruno22
  • Server:Bunker #1
Sometimes a uninstall and a clean install helps. I encountered this problem myself and I uninstalled and kept my etkey then reinstalled Legacy. Now it runs again. You may have too many maps in your etmain folder so you may need tp delete some of the maps or move some out of your etmain. I hope this helps.

♡Sakura♡

*CapTn*

*CapTn*

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Server:Unselected

i dont see where prmitives set too 2 would help . and in some cards r primitives set too 2 makes worse...

did u get this after joining a none bunker server..

pc specs ..

or u could just post ur video setting in ur cfg. also check ur anti virus. and ur modem?

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 77 posts

Before you start changing randomly:

/seta r_primitives "1" << will set permanently and write to etconfig.cfg

/set r_primitives "1" << will set temporarily and NOT writer to enconfig

/r_primitives "1" << will set tempor....

It's very common for newer graphics cards that the game doesn't auto-detect the correct primitives mode for them.

Try 1 or 2, restart your game afterwards (not sure if /vid_restart only will do the job) and check whether it became better.

some background about r_primitives: afaik it changes the rendering mode of the game. It supports 2, one was formerly designed for radeon cards, one for for geforce. then there was a driver change at the radeons (somewhere between catalyst 13 and 14) which dropped one of the rendering methods. r_primitives=0 means auto detect. If you are in the wrong fps mode, you will have hilariously low fps. I think it just crashed on older machines for running on <0,5fps, but on newer machines it can still run with ~20 (while it could run at 200 in right mode). The auto detecton is just broken for every card that didn't exist on ET's release date - so its a 50:50 chance to be in the right mode or not.

Screwloose

Screwloose

• Old retired farts
  • 1,544 posts

move or delete some none essential .pk3 maps

maybe. move don't delete if u saved from before reinstall

Cheers man u and bro

SmileyBoyNL!

SmileyBoyNL!

Making Friends

• Members
  • 82 posts

move or delete some none essential .pk3 maps

maybe. move don't delete if u saved from before reinstall

Cheers man u and bro

Before you start changing randomly:

/seta r_primitives "1" << will set permanently and write to etconfig.cfg

/set r_primitives "1" << will set temporarily and NOT writer to enconfig

/r_primitives "1" << will set tempor....

It's very common for newer graphics cards that the game doesn't auto-detect the correct primitives mode for them.

Try 1 or 2, restart your game afterwards (not sure if /vid_restart only will do the job) and check whether it became better.

some background about r_primitives: afaik it changes the rendering mode of the game. It supports 2, one was formerly designed for radeon cards, one for for geforce. then there was a driver change at the radeons (somewhere between catalyst 13 and 14) which dropped one of the rendering methods. r_primitives=0 means auto detect. If you are in the wrong fps mode, you will have hilariously low fps. I think it just crashed on older machines for running on <0,5fps, but on newer machines it can still run with ~20 (while it could run at 200 in right mode). The auto detecton is just broken for every card that didn't exist on ET's release date - so its a 50:50 chance to be in the right mode or not.

i dont see where prmitives set too 2 would help . and in some cards r primitives set too 2 makes worse...

did u get this after joining a none bunker server..

pc specs ..

or u could just post ur video setting in ur cfg. also check ur anti virus. and ur modem?

Sometimes a uninstall and a clean install helps. I encountered this problem myself and I uninstalled and kept my etkey then reinstalled Legacy. Now it runs again. You may have too many maps in your etmain folder so you may need tp delete some of the maps or move some out of your etmain. I hope this helps.

♡Sakura♡

Heho,

type in console /seta r_primitives 2

greez

Do you have like "sync every frame" set to on"? or could you try to set settings in NVIDIA to "general"

The thing you discribe is when i have Vsync set to adaptive (SLI) when i disable Vsync it's ok.

Run as administrator perhaps ?

dunno....drink less beer ^^

hihi ok Geek out

(and get you're ass online hihi)

Maybe it helps

See you !

Aa ...ok :)

You wrote, that u cant connect at all . 

If not that, then my blabla dont help indeed.  But hlsw is good anyway :D :D

U find a lot "how to gain fps" stuff from spladderladder forum ( for example)  - what to turn off and so on.

But if u get terrible lag in 2017 with nowadays PC's , then it might be really something wrong with soft. Maybe vid-card drivers ?  Maybe win10  ... tho it works good here.

How is your connection ? That can be reason too

See you !

Thanks guys the problem is fixed I did /seta r_primitives 1 and now the game is running like it should be !

Edit: Alright guys the problem is fixed in the menu's but i also needed to seta in the nq mod and now when I try to connect to bunker 4 it keeps on freezing on loading screen when it's almost done so I think I also need to seta in the server? Is there a way that i can seta for the full game?

Edited by SmileyBoyNL!, 21 July 2017 - 11:53 AM.

• Creepy Geek likes this

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,849 posts

!blame owen hihihiihih

(ok fuk im drunk) ...gonna  post some sjiat in the music part of the forum (hihiihhi)

xxx

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 672 posts

PS : dont open that YTS.ag page when u dont have adblocker on ur browser. 

Edited by QuQu, 21 July 2017 - 05:58 PM.

Sakura

Sakura
  • Steam:SakuraHaruno22
I'm glad to hear things are fixed on your side of the screen. We are here to help with what we can with ET. :)

♡Sakura♡

Edited by Sakura, 21 July 2017 - 08:22 PM.

peyote

peyote
  • Server:Bunker #2

I would create a link to B4 on my Desktop (no need for HLSW - although very useful to see who is on, or administrate it).. see here how to create a link: http://bunker.aaxxss...on/#entry258627
"c:\Program Files\Wolfenstein Enemy-Territory\et.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 196 +set com_soundmegs 64 +set com_zonemegs 64 +set fs_game noq +set r_primitives 1 +connect to.bunker4fun.com:27960

(else if u want to use HLSW, there is an option to set parameters for the executable of ET, and there us could add those params also.)
You might have to start twice for hunkmeg s to take effect.

Else:
U can crate a config 'autoexec.cfg' which gets automatically executed, that would be easiest.
http://etconfig.net/...s/autoexec-cfg/
inside that cfg just add a line 'set r_primitives 1'

Edited by peyote, 23 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• soccerkill, *CapTn* and SmileyBoyNL! like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, problem, error, freezing