While Samsung's Galaxy Note line has become the pinnacle of phablet devices in recent years, LG has typically been more conservative in its large screen efforts, releasing mid-range products such as last year's Stylo 3.
This year, the company is releasing three new smartphones with stylus support but they are - once again - middle-of-the-road offerings. The LG Q Stylus line takes a lot of inspiration from the Q7 range announced last month, which goes as far as the name of the devices: the Q Stylus, Q Stylusα, and Q Stylus+.
Much like the Q7 line, we're looking at a Full HD+ screen at an 18:9 aspect ratio, but with a significantly larger size of 6.2 inches.The processor in the phones also seems to be similar to the smaller phones, and even the cameras seem to be mostly the same.
Here's the full list of specs:
Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
– Q Stylus+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylusα: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylus+: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
– Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
– Q Stylusα: Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP with Super Wide Angle
Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
– Q Stylus+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
– Q Stylus: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue
– Q Stylusα: Moroccan Blue
Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance (Q Stylus and Q Stylus+ only)/ Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging** / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
The phones will be released this month on a "limited basis" in North America and Asia, and other regions should receive it in Q3 2018. LG warns, however, that not all models will necessarily make it to every market. No pricing details have been made available as of yet.