Dani

Dani

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Friends
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

Hey all,

intermittent fasting anyone? Been talking with a B4 folk and he is doing OMAD (One Meal A Day), this approach is pretty hardcore for me as I am more used to 2-3 meals a day which is almost equally good! In fact I tried it and failed lol. I "need" 2 meals a day, around 800-1000kcal each.

Obesity and Diabetes type II share similar problems and solutions, of course there are lots of options but intermittent fasting is a simple yet effective one!

I am very interested in nutrition and fitness, if anyone want some help just have a talk :D

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,032 posts

Usually on intermittent fasting you have a 4-6 hour window in where you have to eat the same amount of calories as you would in an entire day.

Most people pick some time around noon for the start of this eating window.

Fitting all you calories of the day in just 1 meal is really hard and unnecessary, spread it out over the 4-6 hour window.

Depending on your age/bmi/sex/activity and so on the amount of calories you need differ.

If you consistently eat WAY under your daily usage of calories then your body will adapt and it will be harder to lose weight + negative effects overall on hormones and brain chemistry.

Note that this method does not work for everyone as we are all different.

I tried this several years ago while i was working a physically demanding job with alternating shifts, it didn't work for me.

On the subject of obesity and diabetes:

A recent study found that after weight loss about 50% of the subjects didn't have diabetes type II anymore.

Link: https://www.scienced...80802141722.htm

I'm no dietary expert but from what I gather the following dietary rules are good to abide:

- Eat enough veggies, green and other ones

- 1-3 pieces of fruit a day, this one is not essential but it's a good source of vitamins and fiber

- keep red and processed meats to a mininum, instead opt for lean meat and fish, seafood.

- try to eat meat only 4-5 times a month.

- a handful of nuts a day

- drink enough water

- avoid sodas and any other crap with added sugars

- put some variation in your meals

- 1 glass of alcohol minimum per week (abstainers and excessive drinkers have an increased risk to develop Alzheimer)

- make sure you have enough dietary fiber in your diet

- don't eat too much bread

I myself am a fan of rolled oats where I add seeds and nuts and fresh fruits with milk/boiled water in the morning.

Then have a medium meal early afternoon and a light dinner in the evening. With the occasional full day of fasting when I have a day where I sit on my ass all day :P

Sol

Dani

Dani

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Friends
  • 15 posts

Hey solewu, I pretty much agree on everything. Except the meat and fish, they dont necessarily have to be lean, some dietary fat is great even if it is saturated! As long as you don't abuse on it.

About alcohol, it is a really hot topic nowadays lol. I produce my own red wine and enjoy a lot! Think it has awesome properties: resveratrol, tannins, good bacteria from the fermentation process.... good stuff!!! But I have had countless arguments in social media about this. Some guys think drinking alcohol automatically leads to cancer and death, uh???? Yeah alcohol may raise the probabilities if you drink a lot, but it is negligible in small amounts. Plus, intermittent fasting exercise and other good lifestyle approaches drop your chances of developing cancer MUCH MORE.

Good day!

solewu

solewu

Sticking Around

• Old retired farts
  • 1,032 posts

You are right about the meat I suppose :)

How nice to be able to make your own wine, must taste like heaven haha

Red wine does seem to be one of the better choices of alcohol.

I don't go into arguments, people are free to believe in whatever they want but personally I'll give more credit to scientific research than some random people on the internet.

Regardless of the properties of red wine, alcohol by itself seems to have beneficial properties by itself.

Both recent studies below seem to point out that more than 14 units a week are detrimental to your health but apparently drinking low amounts helps protect against Alzheimer disease.

https://www.scienced...70606201359.htm

https://www.scienced...80801195947.htm

However science is ever evolving and what is a fact today my be false tomorrow.

Whatever lifestyle you choose it is important to feel good about yourself, leading to massive health benefits.

Good day to you too!

Defender

Defender

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 398 posts
  • Server:Unselected

I'm trying to lose weight on one meal per day, no puddings or sweet stuff. I have type 2 diabetes and losing weight is very very beneficial to the condition - some people get cured of diabetes by doing this through diet alone.

I think that by having one meal per day you can keep your hunger at bay - only just! I have my lunch come dinner at about 3 pm each day and I feel OK with this. I'm 19 stones in weight (not sure how that converts) and hopefully next time I weigh myself I'll be under that. I could do with weighing about 15 stones again.

Are you over weight Dani? I'm sure it will be fine on one meal per day - but remember to fill up with a good healthy appetite!.

Regards.