• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 393 posts
Click to view battle stats

So i'm seriously looking into upgrading my pc which includes a new monitor, I really want the 4K experience and i'm not worried paying over $1000 for it as long as it does what it is supposed to do, does anyone have or know of anyone gaming in 4k using a Gsync monitor, trying to keep the cost at $3k for the entire setup including monitor which may not seem possible if i want the right monitor, i think i'm looking more like $4k-$5k

Edited by Polish cow tipper, 13 September 2018 - 05:27 PM.

-=BRASIL=-

-=BRASIL=-
  • Server:Unselected

https://www.tomshard...itors,4533.html

• Falkes likes this

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4

i know that prad.de professionally tests monitors. (maybe use google website translator)

I'd consider to also take signal processing time (input lag) into account - a value oftenly confused with reaction time and like no manufacturer tells.

Also take into account that you are investing in a very expensive setup that might get outdated in 1 year:
- You are searching for a setup that can run games at 4k

- maybe at full graphics?

- maybe also at high fps? (144Hz or even 250Hz?)

I guess you would have to buy 2-4 of the newest high end graphics cards to reach it for the current games. In one year the new generaton of GPUs and games comes out and it might n ot be able to run it at the graphics settings you want... But I'm no expert in high end gaming hardware, so I might be wrong :)

As far as I know, the newest technique introduced includes raytracing - something only the upcoming high end cards (RTX 2080) can handle. My suggestion would be to wait until this technique works with cards cheaper than 500€ and buy a new one every 2nd year.

By the way: Do you know that you have to stick to Nvidia cards when you choose GSync? In the upper price segment there are also monitors supporting both, GSync AND FreeSync.

Addition: A small research about 4k monitors on prad.de available looks like there are no 4k monitors with 144Hz or more available.

I (as well as the testers there) think that a fast monitor is much better for gaming as one with 4K. But the choice is yours ;)

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 393 posts

I only use Nvidia, hence the Gsync..  I know i'm going to need some good vid cards but i highly doubt some of these items i want will be outdated in a year anymore like they used to