RiotSquad

RiotSquad

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 267 posts
  • Tb:4337191
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

As far as I remember you use LTE to connect to net.

If you don't have good signal in your home or tower/mast nearby with enough bandwidth (don't forget, you share bandwidth with all who connect there), then you can have best device ever - it won't help.

One thing you could check -> Might be you just have low down and upload on your contract?

It's also possible to install outdoor LTE antenna(s) and connect them to suitable router/modem. Better signal -> better bandwidth.

LTE is not working better when rain or fog weather - outdoor antennas can change there a lot.

Or get cable modem, but you said once you can't get it on your home :|

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 716 posts

Indeed 4g, i hear too.

Im using same stuff - no cable possible ( only for very nice nr or money ;) )

I have some Huawey 3G/4G -stick ( via usb) .

And cheap noname and nobranded  antenna.  Like this https://www.ebay.com...iwAAOSwDw9bMr3v

Since i have clear visual to mobile tower ~8-9km away, i have without antenna RSSI ~ 75..80 dBm .

But with that -35 dBm antenna,  almost stable 60 dBm ( depends of weather . +/-  5 dBm)

Dl /upload is around 40/ 25 'ish.

It dont cost much. Maybe try  ?  Pick one with correct connectors on wires :)

Or ur mobile operator can for sure sell one 'Yagi'  antenna... for much more price. ( at least here they do that.)

Banana

Banana

Hi, My Name Is..

• Bunker Members
  • 3 posts

yo=)

problem was mobile operator 

the routher used two masts at the same time, so I changed the router to use lte 800 singnal. it was little bit better but still shiiit^^

so I took a different mobile operator and now the dl is 11-25mpbs and upload 10-20mpbs 

where i can get cheap outdoor antenna?

m/ operator selling yagi only 140 euros without sma cables  :laugh2:  :dash1:  :clapping:

so the longer cheaper sma cables cost 77 euros 0.0.

the cable modem cable cost 900 euros so is too expensive 0.0

thx for help=) :yahoo:  :russian:

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 267 posts
  • Tb:4337191

As I remember he has a 3G/4G router/modem so no USB - if this device is having a connector(s) for external antenna(s) look for one.

Yagi antenna would be best, cause you can point it to nearest mast.

Omnidirectional antenna (looking a bit like the ones for radio on car) could also work to make signal for stable.

Edit:

ah good, different operators sometimes use different antenna pattern, so seems you did right choice :)

Such antennas you could find in almost every electronic store, but usally for too much money.

Maybe you can find some 3g/4g nearby, there are several.

Edited by RiotSquad, 28 September 2018 - 10:33 AM.

QuQu

QuQu

Postin Ain't Easy

• Bunker Admins
  • 716 posts

That stuff i linked, is outdoor if u wanna put it out :) Its solid piece of plastic, some wire inside.

And not so omnidirectional  - if i turn its "face" away from mobile tower, it gains pretty  much dBm

With different connection types :ts9, sma, crc9 ...   Just pick correct.

All about same price, 10eur +/-.

If i would need more cable then 2m it has,  id have to buy ..lets say 10m  powered USB extension , for 4g modem . Not longer lines for antenna itself .

I did buy not so long ago other one too. Bit bigger and 2x price .  Promised -45 decibels .

That was real junk : instead  hoped -50 dBm i got  -90 :D Edit: ( my lvl without any antenna is about -75 dBm)

But they refund cost.

So not much drama, just wasted time with plugging and unplugging and writing some letters to china-ppl ( did order from gearbest)

Im not pro with antennas and stuff, but i think 140.- for yagi and 4g is way too much.  And there is era for 5g stepping in soon enough :) (better quality, longer range and more data . They say )

From my point of view 10 money is good enough ... and maybe 10 more for usb extension ( that i can use later for other sht too )

Edited by QuQu, 28 September 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Dani

Dani

Still Considered a Newbie

• Bunker Friends
  • 22 posts

Go go go!!!!

KLNTySB.jpg

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

Making Friends

• Bunker Members
  • 95 posts

somewhere in ET there was a setting for packet dublication. 2 attempts to send out your packet can help.

• *CapTn* likes this