5 replies to this topic

Dani

Dani

Still Considered a Newbie

• Bunker Friends
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Bunker #4
Click to view battle stats

Creepy and thrilling event. Talked about it ingame with some folks but I decided to post a thread ^^

A 2 year old kid fell in a 100 meter deep prospective well last week. Family was enjoying a picnic day in their olive grove/orchard and parents saw the boy suddenly falling:

https://www.ndtv.com...-ops-on-1980246

The hole is so small. The width is about 25 centimeters (10 inches).... many people are questioning: how a kid can fall in such a tiny space?! TV and newspapers try to avoid uncomfortable questions, they just assume the boy is down there. I am pretty sure the police are investigating silently as there are some bizarre things in all this.

This is a video showing the interior of the well reaching 70 meter... the kid is not there, apparently that's a bunch of plugged soil or whatever (end of the video):

So it is a common happening that wells are not as deep as they are supposed to be. This country is a joke sometimes (spanish picaresque) so who knows if the well is 100 meter deep or just 70 meter.

Now this is a chart showing the rescue plan (Screwloose and oldchap you understand Spanish right??):

actuacion-nene-pozo--620x349.jpg

Dxc_xDVWoAAIN2b.jpg

To make things even more tragic, this family lost another kid a year ago from a sudden heart attack. There are some conspiracy theories on the internet and people start talking about it with family and friends specially after 7 days, if the kid is truly there he is most probably dead. But in the past some people have been rescued alive after 15 days without food and water. Who knows!!!!

The official theory is that the boy is under some plugged material down that 70 meter mark.

So the most expensive machinery and specialized guys are now in place and excavating the mountain. Neighboors are helping the workers, giving out food, drinks and even allowing them to sleep in their houses for free. Workers are hard dedicated and don't want to stop they feel like this is their own son. The final phase is the more delicated as they should excavate manually to avoid vibrations and collapses.

The whole country wishes the best ending :)

50666063_1214369178727941_84399269579021

Updated January 23: some problems with the tubes, miners still can't start the horizontal tunnel: https://www.straitst...r-julen-rosello

Hope you enjoyed the read. Will keep this updated. And remember: be careful with deep wells and holes in the ground!!!!

Edited by Dani, 23 January 2019 - 06:12 PM.

OldChap

OldChap

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Admins
  • 489 posts
  • Tb:1410130
Yes, that is a pretty creepy story :(

(Screwloose and oldchap you understand Spanish right??)

Sorry but no. My spanish is limited to ordering rabo-del-toro, croquetas, paella, boquerones, aceitunas, pimiento de padron, cerveza,... in a restaurant :)

/chap

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,968 posts

Yeah bin to that location last summer for holiday....and i saw many  minas and wells like this.... usually they are just covered by a stone or a rock slide onto it.

People of the "old" Spanish are very poor and the environment (the Sierra Nevada) has many spring well's good to used for fresh water.

Unlucky many of those mines have no registration, and when the owner leaves or dies...it's just a forgotten hole in the ground.

Hope little the little kid makes it our alive :(

Screwloose

Screwloose

• Old retired farts
  • 1,569 posts

Hiya Dani

yes i seen this on the news i guess the first or second day. after it happened.

Did they save him? It's 12 days? omg

that area should be marked with flags or signs?>

I understand some spanish.. But I do not speak spanish..

But with the pictures i can figure out the words..

thanks for post

Screw

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,968 posts

No screw.....sad..sad news :(

http://www.surinengl...0126054156.html

Dani

Dani

Still Considered a Newbie

• Bunker Friends
  • 40 posts

Yeah they found him after 13 days

https://www.bbc.com/...europe-47012276

Apparently he died right away. Weird thing is there was plugged soil above him, weeeeeeeeird....