• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

Becoming a Part of the Forum

• Bunker Members
  • 426 posts
Click to view battle stats

Recently when i've tried to play i am constantly getting CI's forcing me to quit and rejoin, the only thing that has changed is i bought a new router for my wifi, other than that everything is the same..  Any ideas why all of a sudden i would be getting these??

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

• Bunker Members
  • 312 posts
  • Tb:4337191
  • Server:Bunker #4

uhhhhhh a new router :laugh2: :laugh2:

Can't say anything about connection problems with B4, but I know kinda well that router have kinda lot of optins to set (or not) which can change the performance.

Is the old router broken or why you interchanged it?

And: Which type was old one? Which is new one?

Edited by RiotSquad, 16 March 2020 - 10:09 PM.

Rhino Cracker

Rhino Cracker

On The Road To Success

• Bunker Members
  • 141 posts

I would try to reproduce the settings of your old router.

At first the channel, then maybe more hidden parameters.

You could also use your old  router as an access point (basically disable dhcp and use one of the usual lan ports (not the wan port) to connect it to your main router).

My honestn opinion is, that wlan is unusuable for online gaming. So: connect using a cable? Something tells me that you would just do so, if it was an easy option... But I'd even try to make sure that wifi is the problem and not the part between your router and your isp - fritzboxes e.g. let the users choose between packet delivery safety and speed (if you shorten your pulsewidth, it's more likely that a bit is unreadable).

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 426 posts

uhhhhhh a new router :laugh2: :laugh2:

Can't say anything about connection problems with B4, but I know kinda well that router have kinda lot of optins to set (or not) which can change the performance.

Is the old router broken or why you interchanged it?

And: Which type was old one? Which is new one?

Its a NETGEAR, the other was over 10 yrs old and when i got my new modem the older one didn't want to work for some reason, after getting the new one to work which only required me changing the wires around so i'm pretty sure my old one still works but they are both a NETGEAR older one was WNR2000v2 this is an R6230 NETGEAR (new one)

Creepy Geek

Creepy Geek

Will Become Famous Soon Enough

• Bunker Admins
  • 2,984 posts

Maybe check router using NAT/DHCP and behind a Modem that also does the same, may give conflicts.

From a couple of days now really lot's of people are working from home in the Netherlands, I also have interrupted signal from time to time (overload?)

grtzz

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

• Bunker Members
  • 312 posts

Its a NETGEAR, the other was over 10 yrs old and when i got my new modem the older one didn't want to work for some reason, after getting the new one to work which only required me changing the wires around so i'm pretty sure my old one still works but they are both a NETGEAR older one was WNR2000v2 this is an R6230 NETGEAR (new one)

Just to get it right - your modem is connected via wire to the router (with old router and new one)? Why they changed modem? Did you get a speed upgrade?

Main difference on those routers you posted is that the new one supports already ac wireless standard and should be also faster BUT ... I just looked up some tech specs and reviews and it seems like the the throughput (wireless) of the new one is kinda poor - seems also the wireless coverage isn't the best and it could be, that we already found a possible reason for the CI's.

Might also be that there is some stuff switched on at the router which is not helping .... or some neighbour also changed router and is now on same channel with wireless.

If somehow possible I would suggest you use the 5GHz wireless, cause usally less crowded with the disadvantage it's not as good thru walls.

Never been big fan of Netgear, the better models of them like the Nighthawk series are a recommendation.

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 426 posts

I changed  my modem because my speed changed and my old one didn't work with that one, so when i hooked up the new modem my old router didn't work, so i bought a new one as my old one was about 10 yrs old.  Since i installed these i get these CI's now but i am hard wired into my modem anyway from my pc so i don't connect the wireless on my pc, i had it on and thought that was the issue so i  turned it off hoping that would solve the issue but it didn't..  Is using the the 5G quicker for using tablets and phones inside the house??  I just noticed I had that 5G the other day after going through the NETGEAR menu..  Mine is a nighthawk according to netgear

Edited by Polish cow tipper, 18 March 2020 - 09:56 PM.

Polish cow tipper

Polish cow tipper

• Bunker Members
  • 426 posts

Going onto Battle.net there was a msg at the bottom people are getting DDOS attacks causing latency and disconnecting, i looked at my router logs and saw these attacks on me

Edited by Polish cow tipper, 20 March 2020 - 07:39 PM.

RiotSquad

RiotSquad

• Bunker Members
  • 312 posts

Ah, DDOS attacks is a good reason to have CI's yes :laugh2:

Usally modems also have some switch ports. If all fails you could connect the cable from computer directly to modem.

The latest firmware for it is 1.1.0.86 - maybe worth updating it (if the device isn't having it already)

If the devices you use at home support 5GHz Wlan then use it - sometimes better with the 2,4GHz - you will find out I guess :)