Problem with some maps

SL4Y3R

Hi Everyone

I am having a problem with some maps, which used to work fine before. The maps and errors are as follows:

Stargate Center 1945 v2.....Hunk_Alloc failed on 5854688

Den of Lions....Hunk_Alloc failed on 8124736.

These are the 2 i wrote down on the second time of not working

Anyone know why please?

/com_hunkmegs 128 then /vid_restart  that you can try next time but for now the map is finished next map is loading in few seconds

• try this out

Posted (edited)

Morning, thank you for your reply Soccerkill. Yes i thought it was about hunkmegs, but  I have my hunkmegs set to 192 in my cfg. Have been like that for a long time now, and i was able to play these 2 maps before. 😞

I will have a look at my cfg, make sure everything looks ok. Thank you again Soccerkill 😄

Edited by SL4Y3R

Hi Slay
192 should do the trick.
But make sure that the "192" is in the config in etmain-folder - not just the config in the NQ folder 🙂

/chap

Morning, Thank you Chap, yes silly me, i forgot i did a new installation, but didn't changed things in the cfg in the etmain folder. I have got a brain somewhere lol ...Not sure what i have done with it though hehe 🙂

• Haha 2

ok it seems you still have problems slay 😮

My guess is that the config you changed is not the config that ET use because win7, 8 and 10 made some complex hiding place for those config files.

So the "safe way" is to change it is while the game is running and not directly in the config-files and notepad.

Start the game without connecting programs.

StartGame.JPG

No server or mod loaded :

GameStarted.JPG

And now change the setting

ChangeSetting.JPG

Hi Chap. Okies i have done this thank you, i also realised that in ETMain > nq  folder there is a folder called profiles, there's a cfg in SL4Y3R folder  that needs changing too. Should be all sorted now, i just forget these things 😄

Posted (edited)

So i am going to post the 3 places i have had to change the hunkmegs, just in case anyone else has the same problem of not being able to get on certain maps. Also what Chap posted above changes the settings in 1 place, which i will point out too.

Go to the following folders open up the cfg file in each place, find the hunkmegs (click ctrl and F, this will open a search bar, help you find it quicker), and change the number to 192.

Your own personal cfg (yourname.cfg) which is in the etmain Folder

The next one is etmain > etconfig.cfg

and the last one is wolfenstein > nq > profiles > yourname > etconfig.cfg (this one can also be changed by doing what Chap has said in his post above)

Ok i hope this is helpful

Chap i have also wrote this down so i don't forget again lol 😄

Edited by SL4Y3R

• 3 weeks later...

Just as addition: You can also add the hunkmegs (and more) commands to the et.exe

so changing on the et.exe the properties --> example file path: X:\ET\et.exe +set com_hunkmegs "256"

Also possible to add that it connects to B4 on start up 🙂

X:\ET\et.exe +set com_hunkmegs "256" +connect "to.bunker4fun.com"

On 8/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, riot said:

Just as addition: You can also add the hunkmegs (and more) commands to the et.exe

so changing on the et.exe the properties --> example file path: X:\ET\et.exe +set com_hunkmegs "256"

Also possible to add that it connects to B4 on start up 🙂

X:\ET\et.exe +set com_hunkmegs "256" +connect "to.bunker4fun.com"

Best practice imo